More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:43:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265068 times)
bunnie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #475 on: 2010 June 14, 00:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some issues with autonomy.  Sims in non-selected houses are not eating or sleeping, so if I switch, my sims die within minutes.  Also not fulfilling needs in selected houses very well.  I'm getting tired of telling my sims to pee! 

I have W7x64, WA, Ambitions, some custom content.
In  AM config, I disabled perkmod.
barbarellaella
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2010 June 14, 01:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-12 20:28:01 Mod

I cannot park the fire truck in a big parking spot. While this does not keep me from responding to emergencies, it does keep me from maintaining and upgrading the truck.
          Somehow the inability to park the woowoo caused it to disappear, and it spawned a new one on the next emergency. Since it cannot be upgraded. It is so slow, bicycles pass it! This also happened when I reached fire chief and put one of those spaces on my lot.
  - Also, he takes the fire truck everywhere, even though he has a better vehicle either in his pocket or in the parking lot. I even marked his motorcycle as his prefered vehicle.

I'm seconding this problem with the fire truck not being able to park & disappearing completely. It's also causing no emergencies to spawn in my game unless I force it & even then the missions glitch like a bitch.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2010 June 14, 01:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the issues with the fire truck I first noticed with the June 9 build.  After playing a sim with the fireman profession for three days, the firetruck would appear if there was an emergency.  The truck wouldn't appear in the firehouse.

I haven't played a sim with the fireman profession on my unpatched game so I don't know if this is an EA issue or AM issue.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 03:07:35 by rhodaloo » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: 2010 June 14, 01:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that I can only successfully load a map once, including WA maps. If I try to send my sims on vacation, or if I return to the main menu and try to load a new game, or a save, I'll get a hanging screen. No CTD, no error log, just the hanging screen, and I have to manually shut it down.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2010 June 14, 01:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have W7x64, WA, Ambitions, some custom content.
In  AM config, I disabled perkmod.

From what I understand, AM isn't available for Ambitions yet. Could be your issue huh?  Wink

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2010 June 14, 01:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay this is my first time installing I get to these screens and nothing happens. I waited 15 mins and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 02:44:55 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2010 June 14, 02:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay this is my first time installing I get to these screens and nothing happens. I waited 15 mins and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Try searching, these issues have been discussed and resolved previously.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2010 June 14, 02:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try searching, these issues have been discussed and resolved previously.

What am I searching for? I'll do the work if I know what I'm looking for, thanks!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2010 June 14, 03:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a dumb 12 that can't search and censors itself because it is afraid mommy and daddy will find it is in an adult forum. Don't bother with it.

I have done considerable editing of lots.

I have never seen the school lot be assigned to "Chinese Garden".  Most often, it gets set to "Small Park".  Maybe it does not matter what the lot type is set to for school lots and we are wasting a lot of time thinking it is important.
With WA, before Ambitions, my school lot was set to "Visitors Allowed" and was a shared lot with the science facility. I had no issues using either rabbit hole. The rabbit hole itself should always trump whatever you have the lot set as as far as functionality goes. The exceptions are Graveyard, which will give a moodlet at night, and perhaps "No Visitors Allowed", though I haven't ever actually tested that.

Side note, not really applicable to this test AM/Ambitions problem: accessibility issues are generally the fault of placing the rabbit hole building too close to the lot edges or having an object that lies in the path of the door, even though it doesn't block the door. Rabbit hole routing can be stupid as fuck.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2010 June 14, 05:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My child sims can't seem to sell their cakes to adults. Whenever an adult comes over to the bake stand, the action "help customer" always cancels itself. It works ok if the customers are kids.
Ladyday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2010 June 14, 05:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I GIVE UP!!! I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I read all 20 pages of this thread and other threads....

I have the TS3 Framework Installer for Mac OS X  by Marhis . I installed the Awesome Mod in the package file and my game recognized it but it never loaded beyond the second screen. I uninstalled the longer party mod I had, still nothing. I removed all of my custom content and still NADA!

I removed my framework and installed the one listed by Pescado. I followed these instructions to a T:http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html
Still nothing....

I guess my hooked on phonics aren't worth a damn when it comes to figuring this out, lol.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 06:00:07 by Ladyday » Logged
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2010 June 14, 06:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having trouble with the firetruck disappearing also, didn't realise it was related to the long driveway.  I managed to place the personal firetruck on a long driveway at the sim's house by rotating around to face the front of the driveway then I could place the truck on it, haven't had any problems since but it's only been one work day since the sim got to fire chief.

- ElenaRoan
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2010 June 14, 07:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I GIVE UP!!! I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I read all 20 pages of this thread and other threads....

I have the TS3 Framework Installer for Mac OS X  by Marhis . I installed the Awesome Mod in the package file and my game recognized it but it never loaded beyond the second screen. I uninstalled the longer party mod I had, still nothing. I removed all of my custom content and still NADA!

I removed my framework and installed the one listed by Pescado. I followed these instructions to a T:http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html
Still nothing....

I guess my hooked on phonics aren't worth a damn when it comes to figuring this out, lol.

Those are the old instructions. Have you tried the new framework method in Documents yet?

Edited to remove an extra question mark.

I sing along with elevator music.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2010 June 14, 07:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still nothing....

Those are the old instructions. Have you tried the new framework method in Documents yet?

Edited to remove an extra question mark.

Is the documents configuration the same for MAC and Windows machines?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2010 June 14, 07:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the documents configuration the same for MAC and Windows machines?

Probably not.

All your base are belong to us.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2010 June 14, 07:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is. There's a new framework installer for macs here, but I've never tried it. MTS has some pretty straightforward instructions on how to do it manually as well. Just replace the windows directory with User\Documents\Electronic Arts, and the rest is the same. There's not as much difference between the mac and windows framework as people seem to think. Even the old framework was pretty similar.

I sing along with elevator music.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2010 June 14, 09:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is. There's a new framework installer for macs here, but I've never tried it. MTS has some pretty straightforward instructions on how to do it manually as well. Just replace the windows directory with User\Documents\Electronic Arts, and the rest is the same. There's not as much difference between the mac and windows framework as people seem to think. Even the old framework was pretty similar.

You have to update your resource.cfg file as well - the old one won't work if it's inside a folder called "Mods", which is where the new framework requires it to be.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
kcheri
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2010 June 14, 14:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still nothing....

This exact problem happened to me, I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it though because I'm pretty sure I just deleted AM and redownloaded... but I also just tried starting a new game with no mods in it but AM, it worked. Then I quit game and tried to load my other save and it worked.

There's also a new framework installer at MTS for macs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2010 June 14, 14:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New test update addresses Ambitions now that I have it installed. Closing this thread and moving there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: