More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 07:55:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265060 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #425 on: 2010 June 12, 06:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far nothing has happened except that Awesomemod keeps saying it will expire tomorrow. I just downloaded it again and it keeps telling me to renew it.

Could someone tell me why AM keeps asking me to renew? I've deleted it, gotten rid of caches, and downloaded a new one. Still says it will expire tomorrow, what happens then?

It is the 13th of June...I'm kind of afraid to try and start the game, though

All you need to do is to check that you have downloaded the latest version.  There will be a new version before the one you have expires.

This is a test thread, and Pescado is uploading a new version of AM frequently (i.e. often several times a day).  This is how testing works: people download AM, we test it in a "I don't care if it blows up in a BFBVFS" neighbourhood, we report any bugs/issues, Pescado updates AM, we download the latest version, and the cycle repeats.

It has a short expiry period so that people don't use outdated versions and report bugs that Pescado has already quashed.

When Pescado considers that AM 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 is stable, he will extend the deadline before expiry.

If you're not comfortable with the short expiry period, then don't use AM until it's out of testing.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 06:37:47 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2010 June 12, 07:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I just got this error while playing. My sim had just received a promotion, when he came home I had him create Lunch, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, and this error came up.

The only mods I have running are Awesome Mod and SLAM, Sims Life Age Mod, and a few Slider changing mods in CAS.

This was also a new game.

EDIT: I held down my Enter Key to keep time going since the Error wouldn't go away when Okay was clicked, so like I said, I held down my Enter Key until night time and the Error went away and I was able to play again. Sorry I'm not too savvy with AM Errors and not sure if that was suppose to happen or not. =X.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 08:38:14 by Arieth » Logged
GameBeBorked
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2010 June 12, 07:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not hoping to cause trouble (I'll be yelled at, anyway, though), but is there any chance we could get a progress report? An estimate, or something, of when Ambitions work might start?

Totally whining here, yeah, but having various totally unplayable saves is really starting to suck ass. Some sort of idea would be nice, at the least.

You're all thinking it, but it will be fun to see you deny it.

Claeric, you've done nothing but fuck around in this thread for last 18 pages and it is starting to piss me the hell off. Either shut the fuck up because nobody cares what you think, or start posting relevant stuff because I'm certain I am not the only one fed up with your ">_> <_<" bullshit.

Pull your fucking head in - the only thing that "sucks ass" around here is you constantly being a cunt and shitting all over the test thread.
poedgirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2010 June 12, 08:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The value of purchasable community lots is much less with AM installed. Also, the requirements to upgrade to the next level never include the existing value of the lot.
leriety
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2010 June 12, 09:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those of you who are having this problem are making sure your sims aren't wearing their work outfits at the time, right? I haven't encountered any dresser related problems myself; I only mention this because it's a very easy thing to overlook. I'm not sure why you can't plan other outfits while dressed for work, but the game says no.

now that i think about it, i tried when she came home from work
it can be it... when it worked she was actually in night clothes the day after
maybe that's because you can't change the work outfit
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2010 June 12, 09:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got another Flagrant Error, this one happened while my Sim was at work, and I ordered him to recycle the Newspaper.

EDIT: Again, I held down my Enter Key, this time it took longer than normal, I was reading through the Error and I see something that has to do with Cleanup, since the error happened when I tried to recycle that sinful Newspaper. After my Sim got home from work, as I was holding down Enter, I ordered my Sim to clean up anything on the Lot, I had him take out the trash and the Error went away and I'm able to play again.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 09:45:33 by Arieth » Logged
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2010 June 12, 13:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are tons of posts stating that students can't go to existing schools. Also, if you edit a lot and try to place a school, even with moveobjects on, it will remain unplacable. I was rebuilding my neighborhood, Abelline, in order to start with a fresh version, and found that if you try to place a community lot from the library that contains a school, the school disappears.

Schools with Ambitions and no Awesomemod test version = functioning
Schools with Ambitions and Awesomemod test version = thoroughly borked, excepting career options.
Schools without Ambitions and Awesomemod test version = ?

When Pescado was just trying to get AM to work with Base/WA/HELS/patches he said the schools weren't an issue. So without Ambitions & AM schools work fine. Ambitions has changed the way schools work.

A proud thread pirate.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2010 June 12, 14:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not hoping to cause trouble (I'll be yelled at, anyway, though), but is there any chance we could get a progress report? An estimate, or something, of when Ambitions work might start?

In conflict with what Kyna said, Pescado seems to be waiting for the AMB patch to fix the bigger problems.

When EA releases their patch to fix the crap they broke, or never had working right in the first place, Pescado is going to have to go through and update for Awesome Mod again.   There is a good chance that this future patch will hit areas where Awesome Mod plays.

The latest update to AM (BUILD 06/11/2010 19:31:20), which is the first one in several days (not several per day), contains several changes in addition to an expiration date change.  This is by far the most significant package update in the last week.  It expires in 7 days.

Edit: What changed in the 6/11/2010 19:31:20 version: updated the build and expiration dates, changed several internal text strings for localization.  No AMB or patch related changes that I saw.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 15:26:49 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2010 June 12, 15:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even without AM, the school in Twinbrook doesn't work for me. It's recognized as a school by Neighborhood View, which it isn't in AM, but sims still refuse to enter.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2010 June 12, 15:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In conflict with what Kyna said, Pescado seems to be waiting for the AMB patch to fix the bigger problems.

When EA releases their patch to fix the crap they broke, or never had working right in the first place, Pescado is going to have to go through and update for Awesome Mod again.   There is a good chance that this future patch will hit areas where Awesome Mod plays.

The latest update to AM (BUILD 06/11/2010 19:31:20), which is the first one in several days (not several per day), contains several changes in addition to an expiration date change.  This is by far the most significant package update in the last week.  It expires in 7 days.

Edit: What changed in the 6/11/2010 19:31:20 version: updated the build and expiration dates, changed several internal text string for localization.  No AMB or patch related changes that I saw.

I wasn't replying to Claeric, and my post didn't address the question of when AM will be updated for Ambitions.  I'm not sure why you linked my comments with a quote from Claeric.

I don't see how your post is in conflict with mine.  I said that Pescado would extend the expiration date when he felt the mod was stable.  The latest build has a longer expiration date, so I assume that AM is becoming more stable.

As for my statement that Pescado "often updates several times per day", that is fairly standard procedure for Pescado after an EP or patch.  I wanted to make sure that Miradne understood that they need to check before each play session that they are testing the latest version.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: 2010 June 12, 15:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it's gonna be more dependent on EA? Do they usually do a follow-up patch after an expansion? I dont recall.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2010 June 12, 16:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, EA usually follows up with a patch to fix the beta test, er, first release. Sometimes takes a while, though. Just gotta have patience (I know, it's not easy).

by the way, I installed latest mod (6/9 build) last night, but got a message that it expires on 6/13?

AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2010 June 12, 16:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it's gonna be more dependent on EA? Do they usually do a follow-up patch after an expansion? I dont recall.

Yes, because they fired their whole testing department and now use their own customers as testers. *facepalm* Great customer service there, EA.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2010 June 12, 16:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there's a new version up (6/11).
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2010 June 12, 17:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok just double checked and the wants problem is AM related. Tried it in a new world with new Sims and then without AM and in the new place with AM the wants keep reappearing and without AM when I delete them they stayed gone.

Can someone without Ambitions test this please to see if its Ambitions related or patch related? All I did was add a skill to level 10 and delete the want.

Oh and just incase it got lost, in the skills option one text is missing, no idea which though.

Edit 1: Its only happening while the game is paused. Once playing its back to normal.

Edit 2: Nevermind its happening while playing too. The same 4 just appear over and over again.

Edit 3: Ok It seems to stop if I have at least 1 wants picked out. If its empty then the same wants appear over and over again.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 17:44:03 by igottapi » Logged
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2010 June 12, 17:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Ambitions yet (waiting for the patch myself), I am patched up and have both the previous expansions, I play with AM and am not having any problems with wants, the school, or anything else right now. Pescado seems to have gotten everything up to HELS patched, fixed, and taken care of. Anything that is still going wrong is most likely Ambitions or tight pants.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2010 June 12, 18:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will probably be installing Ambitions tonight and begin accepting test cases for any issues I can't reproduce tomorrow.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2010 June 12, 19:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very Good!
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2010 June 12, 20:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will probably be installing Ambitions tonight and begin accepting test cases for any issues I can't reproduce tomorrow.

You should have a considerable amount of "entertainment" when you do install.   Broken schools and lost jobs after installing AM are just a few of the annoying incompatibilities.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2010 June 12, 20:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the 6/11 AM in my 1.12.7 game and loaded an old save. The career history is missing for the Jack of All trades who was currently on her third full-time job. No numbers are reflected on the LTW icon and the history icon in the career tab is greyed out.

Also, one opportunity to lecture at the school, stated to expire on the following Thursday, had a pop-up stating it was harsh to disappoint the kids and it disappeared from the Sim's opportunity tab directly after loading the saved game. It was Friday afternoon in game, so the Sim should have had almost a week yet to accomplish it.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 20:44:48 by ciane » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: 2010 June 12, 20:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have a considerable amount of "entertainment" when you do install.   Broken schools and lost jobs after installing AM are just a few of the annoying incompatibilities.

Better say it a few more times so he's prepared, I don't think these things have been noted enough yet.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2010 June 12, 21:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better say it a few more times so he's prepared, I don't think these things have been noted enough yet.

ROTFL I thing EA needs to start selling patience pills…. I'm about to shoot Ambitions or throw my pc out the window from the many bugs & lag. Seriously I have never had this many bugs in an EP, Ive always been one of the lucky ones AND I can play sims 2 with every EP & SP at max setting but nooo sims 3 with 2 EPS & 1 SP kills my pc.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2010 June 12, 22:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-11 20:06:34 Build AM - WA only, 99% clean here.

Instant gratification takes too long.
GameBeBorked
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2010 June 13, 01:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like you're one to talk, fuck knuckle.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2010 June 13, 01:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble fulfilling the new lifetime wish for Kleptos ("Possession is 9/10ths of the Law"). I'm certain I've accumulated more than 50,000 worth of stolen goods, but the stupid LTW just isn't being satisfied.

Does anyone else have this problem? Only playing with Ambitions, latest AM (6/11/2010 8:15PM) and decrapified store content.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: