More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:43:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265076 times)
Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #400 on: 2010 June 11, 18:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is something we don't see or hear much.

Grok.

Mike would be proud of you.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2010 June 11, 18:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grok?

This is a grok I think.

Also, possible maybe fixable by Awesomemod bug.

Dig Sites in vacation hoods do not work. Only tombs work. EAxis broke the dig sites.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2010 June 11, 18:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't see this issue reported but may have missed it:  Sims can't choose a new wardrobe from CAS.  The option is grayed out.  
I have not heard of this option. Where is it, and how it is it accessed?

It's an option for the dressers.  I didn't express that issue very well. (checking in my game for the EXACT dresser options)

Since the Sims 3 base game, there have been three options on the dressers:  Change Outfit, Put on Uniform and Plan Outfit.  Plan Outfit send the sim to CAS where one can change the entire wardrobe.  With AM in, the option for Plan Outfit is grayed out.   When I remove AM, I can use the option.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2010 June 11, 18:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Bracing for rotten tomatoes and potential yelling]

I've just installed AM for testing since the "more troubled phase" seems to be over, and I'm afraid I've found some weird behavior in my game. Here it is :

Awesomemod version 09 june 22:35, no special config added, and I have WA+AMB. (I put the mod in the user/Doc proper folder if it changes anything)
The game loaded find and I've seen no FSE, CTD and the likes.

I decided to start a new game in Twinbrook, and the sims of the several houselholds I picked had absolutely nobody in their relationship panel. Example, the Curious: they were not a family anymore, but just acquaintances, and none of them knew anyone in town.

(side note : I discarded my previous Sims3 folder under user/doc and let the game regenerate a brand new one, there is no other mod, and I've just put back a few free items from the store)

I removed the mod, cleared cache and started the Curious from TB again, and they are back to normal (family + friends). I made a save of them.
Put back the mod and checked again. They remain "normal" in that save, and so do the other households I've selected after. But if a start a new game, the same bug happens again.
I checked some families in Sun Valley and Riverview w/ AM installed and everything is just as usual there.

I haven't seen this reported in this thread, although ShortyBoo and some others have the same problem. See the Ambitions/ what's borked thread around post 270

I'm not sure this is related to AM because there is nothing in the other 2 EA world, but w/o the mod it doesn't happen either, at least in my game.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2010 June 11, 19:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does that.  I'm sure a new AM will be ready soon.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2010 June 11, 20:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still says it will expire tomorrow, what happens then?
It's going to tell you to get a new one and shut down Tongue
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2010 June 11, 20:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Dig sites being borked, did you try any of the spawners on your home lot? I placed one in my game because I was bored, and the sim had no problem digging up random crap. I have yet to test a dig site out in a vacation hood though.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2010 June 11, 20:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many people are reporting that the dig sites located anywhere off your lot are borked. It appears that EA broke them, not AM.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2010 June 11, 20:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many people are reporting that the dig sites located anywhere off your lot are borked. It appears that EA broke them, not AM.

Which doesn't change the fact that everyone is expecting AwesomeMod to fix them faster than an official patch.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2010 June 11, 21:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Pes probably will, too! Just wanted to mention it in case anyone thought it was an AM issue.

I just read on the EA BB that someone who said they have no CC reported that their school is classified as a small park. So that one is likely of EA origin also.

ETA: Many people are also reporting that the number of custom career assignments they have completed is getting reset when they move their sims to a new lot. Jeesh.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2010 June 11, 22:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI:  If I don't have AM in my game, the school is a school and Sims can become teachers.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2010 June 11, 22:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Many people are also reporting that the number of custom career assignments they have completed is getting reset when they move their sims to a new lot. Jeesh.

Moving has been borked for a long time anyway, with sims getting into never-ending moving scenario and being unable to do anything at the new home upon arrival. Although, it doesn't happen each and every time you move.
leriety
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2010 June 11, 22:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it was working fine switching family through the panel
but when i started using the mod to do it my sims motives were very low
to the point that once i've switched household only to see my sim dying of starvation
can you made not-currently-playing sims motives static or that they won't go under a specific number? i don't want them to die when i'm not watching

i'm unable to feed babies, the option is written in english (i'm italian) and the action will just disappear.. i need to modify the hunger with testingcheats, but it works fine with toddlers

my sims work less than what they're supposed to and when they come back home they're marked as 'skipping work' with their job performance going down
and non playable households often skips work completely

sometimes when meeting a sim in the town, that sim is marked as busy, but when i try selecting i found that it isn't
this made me switch active sim just for them to be able to talk (not sure if this is a mod issue)

sometimes when i'm switching households it pops a 'flagrant system error' wich take a while to close

it also pops up a message saying that awesomemod will expire on the 13 of june and that i need to download a new version
but i don't see a new version for 2.7.7 ...

i also wanted to ask if you're going to add polygamy to it in the future
the few mods already out are not compatible with awesomemod
i'll also suggest to made the wants to not disappear when not locked, i mean i've seen a sort of timer around already to keep them available for longer

i've had the same problem said before about the dresser
but 'plan outfit' isn't always grayed out, try at a different hour

this also happen with 'change appereance' on the mirror
Lenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2010 June 11, 22:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've had the same problem said before about the dresser
but 'plan outfit' isn't always grayed out, try at a different hour

this also happen with 'change appereance' on the mirror

Those of you who are having this problem are making sure your sims aren't wearing their work outfits at the time, right? I haven't encountered any dresser related problems myself; I only mention this because it's a very easy thing to overlook. I'm not sure why you can't plan other outfits while dressed for work, but the game says no.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2010 June 11, 23:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IAmTheRad, that may be 'a Grok' but 'to grok' is something different. It is a concept bought forth by Heinlien in Stranger in a strange land. It is to comprehend something so fully that you not only become it, but it also becomes you. It is to experience it in it's fullness and in such a way that even the most terrible of things can be appreciated and loved (if necessary) or, by a fullness of groking, an understanding of how they can be un-made (a poor choice of word) be appreciated. It is a cult word and is often mis-used.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2010 June 11, 23:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is why my sim could no longer plant cheese after moving Sad I hate when the glitch is EA and not AM, at least with AM we know it will get fixed but with EA not so much.

Anyways anyone else having trouble with wants? My sim keeps getting the same 4 over and over again, doesnt matter how many times i remove it, it just comes back and it just started today. Its a new game so dont think its already broken.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2010 June 11, 23:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is why my sim could no longer plant cheese after moving Sad I hate when the glitch is EA and not AM, at least with AM we know it will get fixed but with EA not so much.

Anyways anyone else having trouble with wants? My sim keeps getting the same 4 over and over again, doesnt matter how many times i remove it, it just comes back and it just started today. Its a new game so dont think its already broken.

Is your sim doing the same thing over and over?  For example if your sim is inventing he'll roll wants to make a widget... If your sim is fishing he'll roll wants to catch 10 goldfish.  So having your sim do something else might fix repeated wants being rolled over and over.  Then again, maybe not.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2010 June 11, 23:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But AM fixed special plant opportunities. Is it broken again? Come on...
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2010 June 11, 23:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your sim doing the same thing over and over?  For example if your sim is inventing he'll roll wants to make a widget... If your sim is fishing he'll roll wants to catch 10 goldfish.  So having your sim do something else might fix repeated wants being rolled over and over.  Then again, maybe not.

Nope I just started a new game and I'm doing what I always do which is add the skills writing and fishing, the wants always appears when I do that and I just cancel them but this time 4 or 5 just keep coming back.

Don't know if its broken again. All I know is that my sim had planted cheese and after moving she no longer could. BUT I think that's my fault. Yep I think I did the gardening command to get seeds. Cant remember, so don't put to much stock on this one.

BTW in the skills one text is missing.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2010 June 12, 01:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI:  If I don't have AM in my game, the school is a school and Sims can become teachers.

Rho, Without AM, can your kids actually go to school? Mine will go to the school but can't get in.  And, how can sims become teachers? I didn't know that was an option. Is it connected with WA?
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2010 June 12, 03:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I didn't try to see if they could go to school.
Education job:  You click on the working school and teaching is on the menu.
 (Just don't ask me about merging files and how to get them to show up in the game as I'm still working on that.  I bet there's one critical step I'm leaving out.)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2010 June 12, 03:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are tons of posts stating that students can't go to existing schools. Also, if you edit a lot and try to place a school, even with moveobjects on, it will remain unplacable. I was rebuilding my neighborhood, Abelline, in order to start with a fresh version, and found that if you try to place a community lot from the library that contains a school, the school disappears.

Schools with Ambitions and no Awesomemod test version = functioning
Schools with Ambitions and Awesomemod test version = thoroughly borked, excepting career options.
Schools without Ambitions and Awesomemod test version = ?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2010 June 12, 04:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to place a school, same deal as before.  Venues and interior designer are tested and still borked.

I have noticed a lot of definite stability improvements in the just-posted build of AM, the game doesn't lag to hell any more.

I did get nasty crash when moving lots around with the new tool, but I think that's Eaxian and not AM related, I was getting the same crashes randomly without AM.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2010 June 12, 05:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IAmTheRad, that may be 'a Grok' but 'to grok' is something different. It is a concept bought forth by Heinlien in Stranger in a strange land. It is to comprehend something so fully that you not only become it, but it also becomes you. It is to experience it in it's fullness and in such a way that even the most terrible of things can be appreciated and loved (if necessary) or, by a fullness of groking, an understanding of how they can be un-made (a poor choice of word) be appreciated. It is a cult word and is often mis-used.
It was a grox anyways.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: 2010 June 12, 06:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not hoping to cause trouble (I'll be yelled at, anyway, though), but is there any chance we could get a progress report? An estimate, or something, of when Ambitions work might start?

Totally whining here, yeah, but having various totally unplayable saves is really starting to suck ass. Some sort of idea would be nice, at the least.

You're all thinking it, but it will be fun to see you deny it.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 06:21:57 by Claeric » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: