More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 07:37:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266365 times)
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #375 on: 2010 June 11, 01:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an interesting issue with making nectar since installing the latest build (23:15). Everytime I direct a sim to make nectar, they strip naked once the fruit's crushed, and won't get dressed unless you tell them to, or they decide to go outside for something. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

I can't even crush fruit. I can add it, over and over if I wish, but the crush fruit button is greyed out. Doesn't matter if I add fruit randomly or use a saved recipie.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2010 June 11, 02:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tested my game a bit more, it's only one sim that has become a nudist of sorts. He won't even get dressed going outside now, only when he leaves the lot. The other sim in this particular house doesn't feel the urge to strip naked or anything when she makes the nectar.

I'm thinking it's an Ambitions bug, not AM related. I honestly have no idea why this one sim's doing this. I've updated to the latest build of AM yet again, and he's still doing this.

It could be something borked with the vegetarian trait, and he's taken to being like his celebrity namesake, who was actually known for walking around naked and being a dirty hippie back in the 1960s.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2010 June 11, 02:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG Can everyone just stop Please!!!  Angry

God This is a testing thread. Yes there are 15 pages but I bet just 5 of those are actual helpful and the other 10 are bitching and moaning.

Lets all just chill and do what pescado needs us to do which is test the mod and give feedback which I doubt he is even reading anymore since everything is just stupid bitching.

Now if you feel like insulting me then fine do it but can you do it somewhere else so we can keep this thread for feedback on awesomemod? Jesus!!!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2010 June 11, 03:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a pathfinding issue with supreme commander. What happens is the current action flickers on and off rapidly and causes the sim to stand still and do nothing. I have noticed this with the toilet action, not sure if it happens with other actions as well. It doesn't happen if I disable supreme commander on that sim and allow the sim to autonomously use the toilet.

Test town: Sunset valley
Installed: World adventures, Ambitions, super computer, awesome mod

Look at where your sim is.  Is the sim standing next to the toilet that is on display in the art gallery when this happens?  Fix is simple: edit the art gallery and remove that toilet.    

It's been a while since I played SV, so I can't remember if it has any male only/female only doors, but they can also cause this problem.  AM sends the sim to the closest toilet, and this issue can result if the closest toilet is behind the wrong gender door.  Replace the doors with standard doors.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2010 June 11, 03:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a pathfinding issue with supreme commander. What happens is the current action flickers on and off rapidly and causes the sim to stand still and do nothing. I have noticed this with the toilet action, not sure if it happens with other actions as well. It doesn't happen if I disable supreme commander on that sim and allow the sim to autonomously use the toilet.

The search does not take into account whether the sim can get to it or use it.  It is not new with AMB.  SC just keep trying and failing.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: 2010 June 11, 03:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which always struck me as odd and counter-intuitive. Even the base game, without awesomemod, is smart enough to know what can and can't be used. I never understood why using supreme commander also gave sims brain damage to the point where they'd try to use objects that don't even have functions (an object on a display pedestal absolutely cannot even be clicked on for usage, only viewing, it is in essence a decorative object).

They tend to get lost, too, and try to use things behind locked doors or in lots they aren't allowed access to, or far into tombs, etc.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2010 June 11, 04:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Ambitions added gender appropriate doors, the sim could be trying to use a door that they cannot go through.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2010 June 11, 04:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't see this issue reported but may have missed it:  Sims can't choose a new wardrobe from CAS.  The option is grayed out. 
I have not heard of this option. Where is it, and how it is it accessed?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ultrablue
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2010 June 11, 05:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Mastra is referring to a function of EA dressers to select up to 3 different outfits (3 for everyday, 3 for sleepware, etc).
Just select a dresser and you'll see the option to manage the sims wardrobe, although some non EA wardrobes don't have this function. Going back to lurking.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2010 June 11, 08:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another SC route fail occurs when sending sims to fish. They have natural talent to find spots where they can't access place where they want to cast.They will keep getting and dropping the action for hours until they're tired and decide to come back home.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: 2010 June 11, 10:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other day I thought, "wouldn't it be great if Pescado uses an issue tracking system like it's usual with open source projects?". But no that doesn't suit here. It needs contributors with professional behavior.
And now before you tell me to go fuck myself, I go fuck myself.  Tongue

Greetings,
Cyron
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2010 June 11, 11:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a system error when trying to access one household's family tree. I'm downloading a new copy of the test awesomemod to see if that fixes it at all. I have only the base game installed, plus patches.

Well, a redownload of awesomemod did nothing to fix this. The error is screencapped below.

Edit: removed the huge picture since it is not awesomemod related.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 11, 19:01:28 by crunk » Logged
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2010 June 11, 12:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family Tree breakage is not new and AM does not fix it.  I had a WA family that got a corrupted family tree just by going to a vacation world.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2010 June 11, 13:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which always struck me as odd and counter-intuitive. Even the base game, without awesomemod, is smart enough to know what can and can't be used. I never understood why using supreme commander also gave sims brain damage to the point where they'd try to use objects that don't even have functions (an object on a display pedestal absolutely cannot even be clicked on for usage, only viewing, it is in essence a decorative object).
Gender specific doors didn't occur until several patches in, when WA was deployed. The native hood does not include them, and therefore, the scanner didn't include this feature. When this feature was retrofitted in, a lack of test cases prevented extensive testing, as it passed the basic test cases. The issue will be revisited if someone can produce a save where this headbanging behavior can be reliably reproduced.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2010 June 11, 13:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family Tree breakage is not new and AM does not fix it.  I had a WA family that got a corrupted family tree just by going to a vacation world.
It happened to me, too. Is there a way to fix it?

The issue will be revisited if someone can produce a save where this headbanging behavior can be reliably reproduced.
You don't need a special save. Just send a family to Egypt.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2010 June 11, 13:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I "fixed" it by never going on a trip and eventually starting a new family.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2010 June 11, 13:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I "fixed" it by never going on a trip and eventually starting a new family.
Oh, well, obviously. I meant fixing it when it's already broken:P
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2010 June 11, 14:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG Can everyone just stop Please!!!  Angry

God This is a testing thread. Yes there are 15 pages but I bet just 5 of those are actual helpful and the other 10 are bitching and moaning.

Lets all just chill and do what pescado needs us to do which is test the mod and give feedback which I doubt he is even reading anymore since everything is just stupid bitching.

Now if you feel like insulting me then fine do it but can you do it somewhere else so we can keep this thread for feedback on awesomemod? Jesus!!!

The other day I thought, "wouldn't it be great if Pescado uses an issue tracking system like it's usual with open source projects?". But no that doesn't suit here. It needs contributors with professional behavior.
And now before you tell me to go fuck myself, I go fuck myself.  Tongue

The only people I see bitching about it are noobs.

Do you really think between himself and his mods that he couldn't run his board however the hell he pleased, up to and including allowing for mass ass rapings of stupid and lazy noobs?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2010 June 11, 14:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to restore family ties using the Supercomputer. However, going on another vacation will remove some of them again. It's peculiar behaviour. I also still get the full-colour deceased relatives on a family tree when viewed from a Vacation world, even though AM apparently fixed this. Maybe my neighbourhood is on a very, very slow path to BFBVFS, although I really have no idea as no other strange things have occured.

Also, the deceased Robert and Mags Newbie have completely vanished from the world. I think it might be related to the same problem. Going on vacation seems to just destroy sims at random in every save where I've sent sims on vacation.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2010 June 11, 14:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really think between himself and his mods that he couldn't run his board however the hell he pleased, up to and including allowing for mass ass rapings of stupid and lazy noobs?

Roll Eyes I guess you cant keep it for feedback only...

PS. I may not have that many posts BUT Ive been here since 2007 and have helped anyway I can. So again can we keep this for what it was intended? Awesomemod feedback?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2010 June 11, 15:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS. I may not have that many posts BUT Ive been here since 2007 and have helped anyway I can. So again can we keep this for what it was intended? Awesomemod feedback?

Quit acting like a troll.  If you have been here since 07, you know at Maty we don't nibble bait; we nuke it.  If the thread fills with too much waste, the infection gets trimmed and sent to retardo land.  Why don't you take this fight there?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 11, 15:30:54 by The_Goddess » Logged
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2010 June 11, 15:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I give up. Back to ignoring the bitching and just concentrate on helpful info.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2010 June 11, 16:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be done through strict moderation or through soliciting problems and then keeping a read only (except for mods) thread updated of ongoing issues or moving relevant posts to that thread.

It's already being done in some instances on this site. See here and here.

Point is, if the owner of this board wanted it to be done, he has the ability to do it and it would be done.

You don't run this board and if the person who does and his moderators don't give a shit about extraneous posts you shouldn't either.

In other words, STFU.

Perhaps if you would stop throwing in your superfluous thoughts on how this forum should be run and stop attempting to get the last word we could.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: 2010 June 11, 17:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have completely missed my point. Perhaps you should get some knowledge about what an issue tracking system is anyway.

Greetings,
Cyron
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2010 June 11, 18:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, we know what an issue tracking system is. It's not that complicated. It pretty much is what it sounds like. The point is, Pescado obviously likes it set up this way. He's had this site since...what?...the beginning of time? And he is well versed in all things web-codey. If he wanted one, he would make one.

'Sides, it's more fun to yell at people for failing to search or grok the forum environment.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: