More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:07:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265075 times)
Josephinev
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #300 on: 2010 June 09, 11:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have ambitions installed and I'm using the most current Awesomemod Test.  I use TS2 Style aging and I switch between 2 houses.  Besides the school issues that have already been reported, I noticed when I switch from house to house that the sims in the non-active houses have indeed aged.  This of course was not happening before.

When you install an add-on the game reverts to the original option settings.
So you are playing with age length normal, story progression on and TS2 aging off.

lol, you're assuming.  I have TS2 style aging on.  I wouldn't post here that my sims aging is a possible awesome bug without making sure TS2 style aging is on first.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2010 June 09, 13:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, derelict vehicles keep increasing over town for me. The towderelict command isn't getting rid of them either. This is with a fresh save in Twinbrook started after Ambitions was installed.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2010 June 09, 13:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of those derelicts are not abandoned but are used by Sims to go to work.

I think the EA intention may have been to park in parking spaces first, street second, however they seem to park in the street first, possibly to let the active Sims have the parking spots.  Nice of them.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
joebagodoe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2010 June 09, 13:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Windows Seven x64?
I think I read somewhere that for the latest patch and OS Windows Seven 64-bit mods should go in my documents. At least, that's how I've done it and it's working.

Think I found it from here http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Post_Patch_1.12/2.7/3.3

LOL - "Windows SEVEN"
joebagodoe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2010 June 09, 13:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go away, you're not very nice.

And the reason I can say that to you is you only have a postcount of 2, which makes you a despised noob.

Damn the noobs
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2010 June 09, 13:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2010 June 09, 14:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of those derelicts are not abandoned but are used by Sims to go to work.

I think the EA intention may have been to park in parking spaces first, street second, however they seem to park in the street first, possibly to let the active Sims have the parking spots.  Nice of them.

Ah okay the old 'that's not a bug, that's a feature!'. Wink

You're right though if it belongs to working sims they are just dropping their cars off in the middle of the street. If parking space is an issue I think I'd prefer the old car pulls up to the curb/driveway/parking space then disappears after the sim gets out and becomes the size of a Matchbox car that goes into their inventory way of managing cars.

bunnie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2010 June 09, 14:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

Framework issue. Quite common knowledge. Copy d3dx9_31.dll to Ambitions\Game\Bin and you should be set.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Thanks!!!  Loaded, and some of my CTD seem to be gone.  I do CTD in the middle of saving sometimes.  Don't think it's AMthough because it was happening before I got it working.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2010 June 09, 14:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go away, you're not very nice.

And the reason I can say that to you is you only have a postcount of 2, which makes you a despised noob.

Damn the noobs

Are you that stupid? Look, the n00b has spoken and has no idea when to shut up.

You're not posting anything relevant to the thread to help El Presidente fix the bugs in Awesome Mod.

Anyways, the derelict cars seem to vanish in time, but the presence of abandoned cars all over town do slow down the game performance on my part. The 'towderelicts' command doesn't seem to work on these types of cars.

These Sims should not have problems parking their rides at their homes since most of the Sims live on lots with driveways if they live in Sunset Valley or Riverview. There weren't very many houses in Twinbrook with driveways, and that made things worse having derelict cars stay in the game for a long time and not be cleaned up to optimize the performance.

Has anyone have any problems pushing their Sims to work if they use their own means of transportation like bicycles? My ecological-minded Sim owned a bike, but she was not being pushed to work using the bike if the bike was set as her preferred means of transportation. The work car haven't shown up for her at all, but she can go to work on her bike without a problem. I am curious if anyone else has that slight issue getting their Sims pushed to work in their own vehicles?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2010 June 09, 15:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First CTD recorded with AM at around 0:59 sim time. I don't have any Story Progression Mods so I'm unsure if that might be the issue.
Also, editsim: Although the command allows me to change the body shape/muscularity of the sim, it does not take effect on clicking "accept". Has this been a known issue? As far as I know, it worked darn well in older versions.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2010 June 09, 15:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyways, the derelict cars seem to vanish in time, but the presence of abandoned cars all over town do slow down the game performance on my part. The 'towderelicts' command doesn't seem to work on these types of cars.

These Sims should not have problems parking their rides at their homes since most of the Sims live on lots with driveways if they live in Sunset Valley or Riverview. There weren't very many houses in Twinbrook with driveways, and that made things worse having derelict cars stay in the game for a long time and not be cleaned up to optimize the performance.

Actually they do:

The car in question belongs to the family in that house, which does have a driveway. It looks as though the car attempted to turn in the driveway but did not get in for some reason so just abandoned the attempt and was left in the road. I am finding multiple instances of this all over town too. Homes with driveways and workplaces with parking spaces are not having the cars go into them but instead they get left in the road nearby.

sevrine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2010 June 09, 15:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Awesome Mod version "6/7/2010 11:43 pm" working  beautifully with Ambitions installed.  All of the information I needed to get it running is available either on this site or through searching.  I am using over 1000 different CC items, and several other mods (Nraas and others) and have experienced no conflicts at all.  All of my EA products (games and store items) were downloaded from EA.   I never experienced any warnings about mods or custom content version incompatibility.

Given some the comments in this thread, I wanted to at least let people know that searching and lurking pay off.  Many the problems described here may be due to the difficulties of getting pirated content to work -- I finally decided to try Awesome Mod again and was pleasantly surprised at how easily it loaded.  Getting the game ready took a bit of work, and I cannot offer any help other than the standard SEARCH MOAR and LURK MOAR.  But I am enjoying my game, which is finally awesome again, and wanted to let any users similar to myself know that it is safe to jump in.
bunnie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2010 June 09, 16:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have same issue with school.  Kidsgrades dropped.  The one kid thathadnt yet gone to school says there are no schools in town. I had noautoschool enabled, Ijust disabled to see if that fixes it.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2010 June 09, 16:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks as though the car attempted to turn in the driveway but did not get in for some reason so just abandoned the attempt and was left in the road. I am finding multiple instances of this all over town too. Homes with driveways and workplaces with parking spaces are not having the cars go into them but instead they get left in the road nearby.

I wrote about this issue earlier and somebody told me parking on driveways works fine and is not what's borked. I'm confused now - do we have one problem or two different ones here?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2010 June 09, 16:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks as though the car attempted to turn in the driveway but did not get in for some reason so just abandoned the attempt and was left in the road. I am finding multiple instances of this all over town too. Homes with driveways and workplaces with parking spaces are not having the cars go into them but instead they get left in the road nearby.

I wrote about this issue earlier and somebody told me parking on driveways works fine and is not what's borked. I'm confused now - do we have one problem or two different ones here?

I've noticed some cars parked in driveways so it does work some of the time, but I also have a fair bit which are not. Some of those are turned at an angle and obviously made an attempt but abandoned it for some reason.

I have no idea of this issue is related to Awesomemod or Eaxian in nature as I hadn't noticed it prior to using the new Awesomemod of Ambitions, but I do know Awesomemod is reported these vehicles as derelict, though it does note which household they belong to, which is always either the house in front of the road where the vehicle stopped or else a place of work of someone of that household.

I'll try playing without Awesomemod for a bit and see if it makes any difference.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: 2010 June 09, 17:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars don't "attempt to turn" into the driveways. I dont know why you guys keep saying "clearly they made an attempt". Driveways are neither road extensions nor programmed to work that way. <_< That's not how parking works.

Unless ambitions changed it so cars turn towards the lot before parking, which would be...really...awkward. I just realized I haven't owned a car since getting the game, so maybe it did.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 09, 17:13:26 by Claeric » Logged
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2010 June 09, 17:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a household with two adults, two cars, one parking space.

Prior to Ambitions install, a fambly with this set of circumstances, whoever arrived home to find the stall empty would put their car in the empty parking stall, the other sim would put their car in their inventory upon arrival home.  

Now, with Ambitions installed, if there is an empty parking space, the car goes there. If the space is occupied, the second arrival home puts their car on the street. It becomes unselectable until you send the sim off the lot, then you may have the sim go somewhere.

So I find it crucial to manually move the first car into the sims inventory so that the second car can occupy the parking space.

Edited to add:  - cars function the same as before as far as there is no "turning" - upon arrival home the sim magically is out of the car and the car is either in the empty parking stall or on the street.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010 June 09, 17:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think what you want asshats but I didn't turn that god damned car, I found it angled.

Anyway, I just tried without Awesome mod running and followed a sim I am not playing home. He left his car in the street and went in the house in spite of having a driveway so it seems to be EAxian in nature.

On a completely unrelated note, my sim playing the Firefighter career does not have any coworkers even though one of the metrics for advancing is getting to know your coworkers. Awesomemod did not create any, although when I ran without Awesomemod the default EAxis setup did not create any either. Also seems to be EAxian in nature. :-p

*Edit: Never mind, the vanilla game actually did generate them shortly after posting this, however AM did not.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 09, 18:48:49 by Motoki » Logged

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2010 June 09, 17:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't for one minute think you turned the car - because you can't even select a car in the street. You can command a sim to 'go home' but they'll drop it from their queue and just walk back onto the lot.

Why it's angled? I don't have any idea - does the road curve right before the house? Who knows...  I have not played a house with one car/one parking stall - but I'm wondering if this is now standard EAxian behavior upon arrival home from work - in other words - arrival home from shopping puts the car in the empty stall, but arrival home from work puts it on the street?  Just a hmmm...because yesterday my sim left his car on the street when he came home from work, so I sent him to the grocery store, and upon arrival home from the store, he put it in the empty stall.

In other words, cars and parking stalls are EA-borked.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2010 June 09, 18:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody said you turned the car. Just that "clearly the cars are trying to get into the spot and failing midway" is not a very sound conclusion, considering cars just plain don't try to get into spots.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2010 June 09, 18:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody said you turned the car. Just that "clearly the cars are trying to get into the spot and failing midway" is not a very sound conclusion, considering cars just plain don't try to get into spots.

Claeric I've observed your posts and you are an irksome tard who feels the need to comment on everything and loves to argue for the sake of arguing and to be 'right'. Fuck off.

To anyone else who cares, the road is straight by that house. When I see a stranded car angled in toward a driveway my assumption is an aborted attempt at entering the driveway. Everyone else is free to imagine anything and everything else that car might be doing as an alternative.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, on the Fireman career thing, just went back into the vanilla game and it just generated coworkers so that is not an EAxis issue after all. I played for several sim days through working at the firehouse with Awesomemod and it never generated or assigned coworkers.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 2010 June 09, 18:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what I did wrong here. All I'm saying is that you cannot say "the cars clearly tried to get into the spot, because they are turned" because the cars do not freaking turn to get into parking spaces. What is wrong about that? This is fact. This is an absolute. The cars do not turn to get into parking spaces.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2010 June 09, 19:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one interesting thing related to parking.

Intentional or not, Awesome Mod has inserted a defect into the vehicle parking algorithm (GetClosestUnreservedParkingSpace) that checks to see if the car should park in a specific parking space.  This imposes Awesome criteria on where the cars can park.  Unfortunately, the algorithm favors unacceptable spaces over legitimate ones, with no regard to whether they are used or reserved by other vehicles.  The fix seems to be to change the scope of an IF block so that an uninitialized variable cannot be used to indicate a valid parking space that is 0 distance from the vehicle and thus always preferred.

I have no idea whether this will cause cars to park in the street because I have not tried it.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 09, 19:16:24 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Josephinev
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010 June 09, 19:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the school issues that I'm having and have been posted by a few people, and the recent TS2 style aging that isn't working as I test, I've encountered one more problem.  I had my sim quit his job in the Athletic career and I received the message stating that he quit.  The next day the car came to pick him up.  I looked and he was still listed as employed.  I went to his workplace and tried to quit there.  Again, I received the message that he quit his job.  I checked to see if he was unemployed after and he was in fact still in the Athletic career.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2010 June 09, 19:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(GetClosestUnreservedParkingSpace)

Is it possible to even reserve spaces?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: