More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:52:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265106 times)
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #225 on: 2010 June 07, 09:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a blank line on the Supreme Commander pulldown when in vacation world.
In the Collection section, there are lines for Bugs, Rocks, Seeds, then a blank line followed by Everything.  The line is blank, as is the popup help.
It is the one that auto excavates.

It's been missing proper text since translation options were added to AwesomeMod. You say that now it's blank?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 June 07, 10:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sim who's getting an interior designer honor statue from the city hall always triggers a flagrant system error whenever he clicks on the building. Using another sim didn't trigger any error.

Also, I tried to consign things at consignment store, however, the only things listed as available to sell were stuff from family inventory as opposed to sim's individual inventory. It worked fine before I added AM.

This is using the latest AM dated 6/6/2010 2:15 am.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 10:12:35 by bowrain » Logged
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 June 07, 10:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the school. I ran ambitions without awesomemod, and it was working fine.
Then installed the mod and it's a park, like others have said.
Also, I tried to create my own school lot, but neither school building would place, whereas all other community buildings placed fine (except the science dome, but that might have been 'cause the lot was too small, even though it was the biggest lot size ... )

Anyway, don't know if that information is useful to anyone, but there you go.

Also, has anyone had any problems with the home/end buttons playing up and just making it go down a floor (instead of showing different amounts of wall)? It did it for a bit on mine, with awesomemod installed, and then just fixed itself after a while.
pabasa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2010 June 07, 11:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably does. I upgraded it and with only one or two sprays the fire is gone.

I upgraded the extinguisher once. You actually managed to upgrade it twice?

Yeah, every time I come back from a vacation the option to upgrade my fire extinguisher is available, and I upgrade it again. But as I said I have not yet installed AM, so if this is a bug, it's not AM related. Sorry for digressing from the purpose of the thread.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010 June 07, 11:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been missing proper text since translation options were added to AwesomeMod. You say that now it's blank?
One of the STBLs had a bleed. I fixed it. Try now?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2010 June 07, 11:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, every time I come back from a vacation the option to upgrade my fire extinguisher is available, and I upgrade it again. But as I said I have not yet installed AM, so if this is a bug, it's not AM related. Sorry for digressing from the purpose of the thread.

I didn't send that sim on vacation, but this sounds like it might be a bug, too.

Also - how many times are you supposed to be able to upgrade the truck's engine? I upgraded it to Horsepower 3 and sometime Horsepower 4 flashed, but I couldn't click it (the engine needed maintenance and after performing it the option disappeared).
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010 June 07, 12:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the STBLs had a bleed. I fixed it. Try now?

The 6/7/2010 03:58 package (still refers to itself internally as the 6/6 2:15am version) has blank text for excavate, still

EDIT: However, the 6/7/2010 05:10 package does fix the text.

I can also confirm the Excavate route fail, but I have not had time to see whether it happens without AM installed.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 12:27:21 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2010 June 07, 12:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still having a job's problem, no CC and just the latest version of this test AM installed, and I'm still getting a problem. My sim is an interior decorater, I meet the requirements for his building in build mode, but the moment that I select to show it to his client, it clears it and they scold me. The worst part about it, is now with AM taken out I am still getting this bug!

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2010 June 07, 12:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 6/7/2010 03:58 package (still refers to itself internally as the 6/6 2:15am version) has blank text for excavate, still
The internal version is the same because recompiling the STBL does not involve script changes, so the scripts are not recompiled.

Still having a job's problem, no CC and just the latest version of this test AM installed, and I'm still getting a problem. My sim is an interior decorater, I meet the requirements for his building in build mode, but the moment that I select to show it to his client, it clears it and they scold me. The worst part about it, is now with AM taken out I am still getting this bug!
Still focused on pure base game/WA compatibility right now. Once that is resolved, I can actually install Ambitions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2010 June 07, 12:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Excavate route fail does not require AM to be installed, so does not look like a problem caused by AM.   (And this is a crossover from the other problem thread, so disregard unless someone claims it is AM related)

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2010 June 07, 14:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just played for almost 2 hours, WITH all my CC. And except for my teen sim not being able to go to school, and my sims motives draining at about a 5x rate, I didn't notice any problems.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: 2010 June 07, 14:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I care about is the kids not being able to go to school. I wish there was a way to get homework other than going to school. I keep thinking of all of Inge's school hacks wistfully. Wink

Playing without Awesome is painful at this point, so I'll deal with the failure and pray the kid doesn't get repossessed.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2010 June 07, 14:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played for 12 hours straight. No crash, freeze or lag. Tons of CC, mods and AM installed. Only issues I have are the ones that's already been reported. The school is borked, property values, the interior designer career is busted, and derelict vehicles everywhere. There's even one stuck outside my sims house and I've ran towderelicts about 10 times and it only nabs the school bus but the others are left. Not sure how to get rid of those?

Had some weird EAxisness. My sim got an opportunity to do something at the stadium and he works there. He was about to enter the building for work when he got it and I accepted. After entering, the game said he had "left the venue where the event was taking place" and it had failed.

Also, random houses are catching on fire when my sim is not a firefighter. The game then informs me I have been credited X money for my damages when my house isn't even on fire. From what I can tell, I never actually get the money though.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010 June 07, 14:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The car problem might be caused by cars being unable to be parked on parking slots. There are 3 next to the fire station and yet my sim still chooses to leave his car on the street. No such problems with bikes.
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2010 June 07, 16:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played for 12 hours straight. No crash, freeze or lag. Tons of CC, mods and AM installed. Only issues I have are the ones that's already been reported. The school is borked, property values, the interior designer career is busted, and derelict vehicles everywhere. There's even one stuck outside my sims house and I've ran towderelicts about 10 times and it only nabs the school bus but the others are left. Not sure how to get rid of those?

Had some weird EAxisness. My sim got an opportunity to do something at the stadium and he works there. He was about to enter the building for work when he got it and I accepted. After entering, the game said he had "left the venue where the event was taking place" and it had failed.

Also, random houses are catching on fire when my sim is not a firefighter. The game then informs me I have been credited X money for my damages when my house isn't even on fire. From what I can tell, I never actually get the money though.
If you use Twallan's Career mod your kids can go to school at Rabbit Holes like the Military Base (Military School) , Theater (Arts School) ect.
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010 June 07, 16:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, most issues I was having are fixed now thanks to the latest AM. But the one that has me worried is the school rabbithole thing, so I am uploading my save and save related files. I am playing Ambitions, Twinbrook. I have only AM and store content. EXCEPT for a couple Edwardian and Victorian outfits.
I have installed the WA Expantion and HELS. This save also contains the cars that are parked without stupid reason and nobody in them...
I have tried starting a new game, but from the beginning, the school's a park.

LINK: http://www.4shared.com/file/0k3ubx-R/Saves.html
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2010 June 07, 16:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it when that happens. When towderelicts doesn't work, have you tried Nuking them? I occasionally had some stuck vehicles in my Pre-AMB main family, and towing them only worked a small fraction of the time; they'd appear again in the same spot about a sim-week later. If I Nuked them, though, they'd disappear and never get stuck again. I am not, however, sure if this ruins any scripts that may be going on "behind the curtain."

Are you using NRaas story mod? If so, this sounds like an issue they've had for a while where private activities such as parties, fires, and repomen will alert you as the player but actually mean the other towns-person. I usually ignore it since I never get the money. If, on the other hand, you're not using NRaas at all, I'd call EAxian bullshit.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2010 June 07, 18:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, most issues I was having are fixed now thanks to the latest AM. But the one that has me worried is the school rabbithole thing, so I am uploading my save and save related files. I am playing Ambitions, Twinbrook. I have only AM and store content. EXCEPT for a couple Edwardian and Victorian outfits.
I have installed the WA Expantion and HELS. This save also contains the cars that are parked without stupid reason and nobody in them...

If you'd have read the thread, instead of jumping in with more of the same, you'd notice that he doesn't have Ambitions installed yet. We all determined the school being a park an Ambitions only issue. Logical leap? Wait til he installs Ambitions to bitch about it! Actually, don't bitch at all, everyone else has done it enough.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010 June 07, 18:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd have read the thread, instead of jumping in with more of the same, you'd notice that he doesn't have Ambitions installed yet. We all determined the school being a park an Ambitions only issue. Logical leap? Wait til he installs Ambitions to bitch about it! Actually, don't bitch at all, everyone else has done it enough.

I read somewhere that deleting the school and replacing it after a save alleviates the problem. Your mileage may vary.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2010 June 07, 18:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read and in some point later in this thread, Pescado asked for a save, I noticed nobody sent one, so I uploaded one. I do know he didn't install the EP just yet. For the time he does, he can use the save. I didn't speak to you either, so I would appreciate you stay out of the question, or politely speak your mind. I am not an idiot, nor new to the site.  And I can assure you I didn't miss the posts and I don't bitch about stuff, I AM A GROWN UP and have better and more intelligent things to do than "omg I can't palay!!!! oh shit I NEED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY". If you can't tell the difference between bitching and providing information even if somebody cares or not about it, you are very wrong upstairs
I'm out.
By the way, you are bitching about what I posted.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 18:23:43 by Erwenla » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2010 June 07, 18:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that deleting the school and replacing it after a save alleviates the problem. Your mileage may vary.
The problem actually makes it impossible to place a school rabbithole at all.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2010 June 07, 19:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just played close to 5 hours (Ambitions, Twinbrook, 7-8 person family). No crash, no big issues. No school-aged kids so didn't see the school issue. SC for skilling, collecting and working worked very well. I have one moodlet manager for the family and it keeps popping around between members without my doing so. I am not sure where this comes from as I did not have the thing before I installed AM. If you want I can run an older save pre-AM and add the manager and see what happens to it.

One minor thing that's Ambitions-only for when you get around to it: Simbots eat scrap, but SC kept making them try to eat meals. Lulz ensued.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2010 June 07, 20:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that also, the sim was supposed to enter an amateur athletics competition but the opportunity popped up very close to the start of the workday. The only way the sim could have managed it was by not attending work. I just queued it for after work, like other opportunities, and had the same eventual error message.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2010 June 07, 21:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I got the sudden motive drain while my sim used the workbench. Unfortunately, I can't confirm it because he died before I could check. :/

Why did he have to die?!

CURSE YOU AWESOMEMOD!

CUUUUUURSE YOU!

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2010 June 07, 21:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CURSE YOU AWESOMEMOD!

CUUUUUURSE YOU!

Which part of the phrase "test thread" is confusing to you? If you're using AM on sims that are actually important to you, it's your own fault.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: