More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:05:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266925 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #175 on: 2010 June 06, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering what kind of fail "Upgrade: Upgraded Extinguisher" is. Is it even supposed to work? Giving me some sort of super extinguisher?

I noticed that too.  I figured that it meant that I had an extinguisher that was better than the extinguishers non-firemen sims carry in their pockets.
AntoniusMaximus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 June 06, 16:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, I managed to launch the game. Something stupid, I forgot to create the symlink to d3dx9_31.dll. Otherwise, symlinks work fine, I confirm.

However, I am experiencing the same issue as other users : schools became small parks, so kids can't go to school.

It is, so far, the only major problem. I haven't experienced any crashes or bugs yet. I'll keep playing.

Antonius.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 June 06, 17:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest build, I'm happy to report that the FSEs are gone. I do believe they were being caused by the notifications of what was going on in town, such as who was shtupping who, and so on and so forth. I haven't seen any other bugs as of yet, but will keep testing to be sure.
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 June 06, 17:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to use Awesomemod with Ambitions installed... but the game doesn't detect the mod if it's in the My Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods folder.
If it's in the Program Files>Electronic Arts>Sims 3>Mods folder the game doesn't load.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2010 June 06, 17:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to use Awesomemod with Ambitions installed... but the game doesn't detect the mod if it's in the My Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods folder.
If it's in the Program Files>Electronic Arts>Sims 3>Mods folder the game doesn't load.

Probably has something to do with how the resource.cfg file, which you better have, tells the game to load them from a different folder than both of those.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 June 06, 17:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to use Awesomemod with Ambitions installed... but the game doesn't detect the mod if it's in the My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods folder.

It works when you have the directory right.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 June 06, 17:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using a resource.cfg file that works perfectly well if the .package files are in the original folder, but once I move the folder to C:\Users\Jennifer\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods the games ceases being able to detect the mods, I made sure to move the Resource.cfg with the mods folder.

My resource.cfg file is as follows:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 June 06, 18:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using a resource.cfg file that works perfectly well if the .package files are in the original folder, but once I move the folder to C:\Users\Jennifer\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods the games ceases being able to detect the mods, I made sure to move the Resource.cfg with the mods folder.

My resource.cfg file is as follows:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc

My mods detect fine, it just doesn't tell me what mods are installed when launching as I've seen it do last night. Also, there's a thread on moving your CC in The Horror. Your resource.cfg is faulty for a resource.cfg that will be located INSIDE "Mods".

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2010 June 06, 18:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using a resource.cfg file that works perfectly well if the .package files are in the original folder,

ding ding ding

You're not using the proper resource.cfg.

Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 June 06, 18:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works now, Thank you ^^
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 June 06, 19:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I CTD'd while saving just now. I'm using the most recent AM. (Or, at least, the one downloadable from the OP currently.)

Oh yes, and the school is community lot thing.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 19:23:31 by Alwayswatching » Logged

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
Tus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 June 06, 19:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't play long but with the most recent AM everything is running smoothly, just that same problem of the school not being considered a school by the game, only when AM is installed.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 June 06, 19:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had many problems with the newest awesomemod.The school doesn't work, like everyone said. Also, I once got that opportunity motive drain thing people were reporting later, though it didn't kill the sim 'cause I deleted the bad moodlets. His motives got sorta static though, and the opportunity completion noise kept playing until I dragged his hunger bar down to kill him, which the bar immediately popped back to where it was. My fire chief sim couldn't collect his community award thing from the town hall, may be awesomemod related or just a bug.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 June 06, 19:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not experienced the motive drain, and the CTDs appear to have been fixed. Or at least lessened, as I didn't experience any during an hour of play. Am experiencing same school issues as have been mentioned already-- kids can't go to school, new school buildings can't be placed.

I sing along with elevator music.
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 June 06, 20:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I try to create a new game in the Sims 3, after I select the household I wish to play with and click on the purple check mark the game stays in edit town mode and refuses to load the family.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 June 06, 20:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the school is now also a career rabbit hole, I expect the problem with it being disabled will be fixed as soon as Pes gets round to the professions part of Ambitions (as right now I believe he's working on patch compatibility rather than actual full EP compatibility).

No drains, no CTD's here. Feels stable so far.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 June 06, 20:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a question. I noticed that each household can buy all the lots in town and it's no longer limited to one town family. How will this fit in with the AM rabbithole Boss system if multiple families can own a building?
This is a possible bug that will be investigated.

I have not experienced the motive drain, and the CTDs appear to have been fixed. Or at least lessened, as I didn't experience any during an hour of play. Am experiencing same school issues as have been mentioned already-- kids can't go to school, new school buildings can't be placed.
This issue will be investigated next.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 June 06, 20:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me, folks - how does the redecoration mode thing work?

The completion window disappears when I click on "build" to place pool requested by the client. It also nukes all ticked boxes when I tell sim to continue the work.
I'm either doing it wrong, or there's some issue with it.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 June 06, 20:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tell me, folks - how does the redecoration mode thing work?

The completion window disappears when I click on "build" to place pool requested by the client. It also nukes all ticked boxes when I tell sim to continue the work.
I'm either doing it wrong, or there's some issue with it.

This is an AM issue.

Interior design missions are borked until further notice.

Upgrading properties is having a similar bug.  Properties you buy are set at some kind of default minimum value, and don't recognize any objects on the lot or the actual value of the lot for the lot to become open or upgraded.

Venues seem to work just fine though (buying them, renaming, and collecting cash), although it was noted somewhere that multiple families could "own" a single venue, which would be a non-fatal bug.

Taking out AM solves the problem, but for now I'm sticking to just building lots until this all gets fixed.

My new issue is that after playing a bit, the game slows to a crawl and the scrolling becomes very choppy.  It acts like my graphics card is overheating, but when I check the temp its not the case.
feistyredhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010 June 06, 20:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue will be investigated next.

Thanks it is an AM issue because my schools work just fine without the mod, and the only other mods I have in my downloads would be put all books away and  a non core no mosaic mod.  Now all I need is the computer fairy to help with my crash problem Sad

ENFP
scamander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 June 06, 21:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the school problems like everyone else, and one more; on some families, like the family in the Swamp and the single father family, the genealogy is cleared and they are booted from their jobs. So its just a bunch of unrelated people with the same last name and no job.
kcheri
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 June 06, 21:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I tried playing with AM, it would easily get through both loading screens but then freeze at the end of the second loading screen, and wouldn't get past that. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes then gave up. Tried again without any other mods other than AM, but the same problem occurred. I tried with all my mods other than AM and it loaded fine.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 June 06, 22:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I try to create a new game in the Sims 3, after I select the household I wish to play with and click on the purple check mark the game stays in edit town mode and refuses to load the family.

I don't think that's an Awesomemod bug.  I just had the same thing happen, and I'm not running Awesomemod.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
babsss
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2010 June 06, 22:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not awesome mod related, I didn't install it at all, and it happened to me once just after saving

Every time I tried playing with AM, it would easily get through both loading screens but then freeze at the end of the second loading screen, and wouldn't get past that. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes then gave up. Tried again without any other mods other than AM, but the same problem occurred. I tried with all my mods other than AM and it loaded fine.

Maybe not awesome mod related, it happened to me twice, but the first time I just loaded an older save, for the second I tried without my game mods and it loaded just fine... (got 5 mods that I'm not sure of ambitions compatibility but didn't see issues other than that) ...

lovelyrita
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2010 June 06, 22:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from the school problem, I'm having a problem with one specific sim: She keeps twirling, like if she was changing outfits but without doing so, and never does anything else as she's told. (except walking to some place, using the computer or reading books). In fact, the interactions totally vanish once she twirls (not the menu, the square on the top when you send some sim to do something). This happened after a few hours of totally stable game (apart from the school thing, of course). About that sim: She had just finished writing a book and I sent her to change her baby's diaper when it first occurred. Then it started happening, like I said, non-stop. She was wearing underwear. I tried to reload her, the lot and the entire neighborhood, nothing solves it.

I haven't been able to recreate this on a vanilla game, but, since this doesn't happen to all sims and it happened after hours of normal game with the latest version of AM, I can't be sure if it's a game bug or AM-related.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: