More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:25:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 265088 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #125 on: 2010 June 06, 07:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since last update I can't finish any opportunity (results in mood-drop until I cancel the opportunity) or career-event (fires, ghosts).
I cannot reproduce this problem or even find a logical reason why it would happen.

I have two saves for this.  One is right before it happens, she is on her way to deliver the scrap.  After she is done delivering it her mood will drop until she dies.  The second one is a save as her mood is dropping.

The opportunity never actually gets fulfilled even though the music plays as if it had:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmtyydrnrun/DeathbyOpportunity.rar
hphreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 June 06, 08:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Awesome mod with no CC and the game is forever stuck at loading screen :/

I removed awesome mod and I can get to main menu before the game detects a faulty disc validation

I am able to use crack to play the game.

So..... in conclusion... something is wrong with the new awesome mod for me.

I'm using the Vitality version btw.

Tim - A kid from the other side of the world.

Windows 7, with all Sims 3 EP/SP, fully updated with awesomemod.
I have store contents and custom contents (objects & CAS only). No other hacks.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010 June 06, 08:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New build caused BSOD. Little bit extreme for AwesomeMod so I don't think it was that though.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 2010 June 06, 08:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ingeli gets a crash every time she clicks on any fridge, and she has a completely fresh clean install and no CC whatsoever.  Downloaded version.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 June 06, 08:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are Inge. Ingeli is someone else. Unless Ingeli is your SOCK.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 June 06, 08:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working perfectly for me so far, only played bout an hour. Loaded fine, usual speed loading for me, no warning at all regarding wrong version, showconfig works, no errors so far. Will keep posted if anything weird happens, enabling some config's to see what happens.

Edit: Alright running with my configs going everything is working perfectly so far, only issue that I've encountered is with Supreme Commander. I usually use this option to send out a collector sim to constantly collect items because I'm too lazy to try and find them, however if ONE thing interrupts my sim, wheather it be someone wants to talk to him etc, he'll instantly stop, and Supreme Commander leaves his queue. So far everything else is peachy!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 08:44:39 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2010 June 06, 08:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are Inge. Ingeli is someone else. Unless Ingeli is your SOCK.

Yes... but I was using this real example to illustrate that one can't assume it is AM causing the crashes.  I am simply passing on some information.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 June 06, 08:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything running normally for now apart from that BSOD. Occasional crash but nothing too major.
KaylaKML
Tasty Tourist

I eat dogs.

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 June 06, 08:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded the newest update. Still cant send my kid to school.

In reply to Ingeli I was playing a fresh install, deleted all CC whatsoever. Have all the games, and all are DDL. I was playing without AM for about 2 hours a day since release. Havent crashed yet. Maybe I am getting lucky. Havent had any kids in that hood or done any jobs except Stylist and Inventing though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 June 06, 09:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since last update I can't finish any opportunity (results in mood-drop until I cancel the opportunity) or career-event (fires, ghosts).
Issue should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 June 06, 09:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, my Sim was able to go to work in the work car and enter the job building. I played for several days to send her to work, and she went to work like she was supposed to. There were no ejections from the vehicles this time. The toilet issue appeared to be fixed too. I was able to click on the toilet and select an option from the pie menu without crashing the game.

I am running AM (Time stamped 11:50 PM).

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010 June 06, 09:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you are a Chaavik. Also, get the new version.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010 June 06, 09:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It crashed while SAVING? In the middle of saving, while paused?
I've experienced this as well, on occasion. Although it occurs without AM present, and on entirely new and clean saves too. So I suppose it's just general EAxis fail, and nothing to do with AwesomeMod.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2010 June 06, 09:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the random crash while saving too. This was without awesomemod.

- INTJ -
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 June 06, 09:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was prompted to go to the bathroom, there were 2 near him, twin bathrooms but one for women and another for men. This is a new "Ambition" feature, there a re now doors that work by gender.
He was in front of the "women" one, and the command was popping, failing and popping again, like an infinite loop when the "men" bathroom was just one step to the right.
That's an old problem. SC apparently doesn't do checks whether the toilet it directs a sim to is available for use, because it keeps trying to make them use wrong public room or even the toilet on the display in Sunset Valley museum. Same occurs with checking sinks for neurotic sims.

The entire computer will go into super-super-slow motion (sorry for the non-technical language).  Even on speed 4, one sim-minute extends to two "real" minutes (yes, if you can believe I sat through this and suffered an hour just to get the fool sim home).
I've been having this problem with WA. Is your machine old? One core processor?
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2010 June 06, 10:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried the last version of AM (06/06 at 02:15 am) with WA+Ambitions but no HELS, all my CC but no hacks except nointro and I deleted all the Cache files before running the game with AM.

I started a new game in the new neighborhood (Twinsomething) :

As someone said I noticed a lot of derelict cars, but my Sims who is in the business career had no problem going to work.

His kid couldn't go to school though and I noticed that in map view the school is "flagged" with a bench and not the usual hat. I guess the building isn't recognized as a school.
I checked and it's the same in Sunset valley.

No crash, Flagrant error or any other problem but I have been playing with Ambitions without Am for a while (20 to 25 hours maybe) and never had one either.
In fact since installing Am I stopped having error 12 while saving and my game is much faster (except while loading/saving).
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 June 06, 10:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can confirm that job and school absenteeism is a thing of the past, as are motivedrains. Opportunity interactions now work as they should, and the opportunities are completed without problem.

I've experienced the minimum CTD's (one out of about 10 hours of playing), but I agree that this seems to mostly not be an AM-related bug.

I did notice, however, the following when testing SC:
*SC skilling works fine, provided the necessary skilling books and items are available.
* SC collecting: I set my sim on collecting bugs, and he went and attended a seminar (which is part of an opportunity, and wasn't due for 3 more days). Is it set up to complete opportunities first, before continuing the collection? He also refused to skip work - every time I canceled the "Go to Work" interaction, it just pops up again until his work-time is done. The same Sim is also Neurotic, and he keeps checking sinks and fireplaces, and freaking out all over the place. In a 24 hour cycle, he caught a total of 3 bugs.

Like I said, I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, I just thought I'd mention it.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 June 06, 10:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my sims can go to work now, but the school rabbithole doesn't work at all. It can't be selected whatsoever, even with debug mode. Sims will get the action to go to school, and then it will immediately drop out of their queue.

I tried replacing the school, but the game will not let me place a new school (any of the three school rabbitholes). Even with moveobjects on, the object still appears red and unplacable and the game won't even give a "Cannot be placed here" type message. And indeed, the lot is not recognised as a school on the map, but a standard community lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010 June 06, 10:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* SC collecting: I set my sim on collecting bugs, and he went and attended a seminar (which is part of an opportunity, and wasn't due for 3 more days). Is it set up to complete opportunities first, before continuing the collection?
Yes. I'm not a procrastinator, so I don't write code that will procrastinate, either. It is taking care of all its maintenance tasks, including attending that quest, because it can.

He also refused to skip work - every time I canceled the "Go to Work" interaction, it just pops up again until his work-time is done.
Going to work is part of the Supreme Commander AI, yes. Otherwise the AI would lock up and forget that your sim is supposed to be at work, and thus fail to attend work. Therefore, your sim goes to work when it is time.

The same Sim is also Neurotic, and he keeps checking sinks and fireplaces, and freaking out all over the place. In a 24 hour cycle, he caught a total of 3 bugs.
Doing this is part of a Neurotic sim's motive maintenance: It gives them a +moodlet. If you didn't want your sim to behave neurotically, maybe you shouldn't have given him that trait.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 June 06, 10:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* SC collecting: I set my sim on collecting bugs, and he went and attended a seminar (which is part of an opportunity, and wasn't due for 3 more days). Is it set up to complete opportunities first, before continuing the collection?
Yes. I'm not a procrastinator, so I don't write code that will procrastinate, either. It is taking care of all its maintenance tasks, including attending that quest, because it can.

He also refused to skip work - every time I canceled the "Go to Work" interaction, it just pops up again until his work-time is done.
Going to work is part of the Supreme Commander AI, yes. Otherwise the AI would lock up and forget that your sim is supposed to be at work, and thus fail to attend work. Therefore, your sim goes to work when it is time.

The same Sim is also Neurotic, and he keeps checking sinks and fireplaces, and freaking out all over the place. In a 24 hour cycle, he caught a total of 3 bugs.
Doing this is part of a Neurotic sim's motive maintenance: It gives them a +moodlet. If you didn't want your sim to behave neurotically, maybe you shouldn't have given him that trait.

Lulz. It's a neighbourhood Sim, Belladaddy. Good to know that all is at it should be.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
AntoniusMaximus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 June 06, 10:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey JM,

I've been using your mod since its first appearance and I admit I can't bring myself to play vanilla anymore, especially since the Awesome Story Driver is far superior. So thanks for that, and for the opportunity you provide by allowing us to test the new builds.

However, I am the bringer of sad news - my game gets stuck on the loading screen with this new build. The cursor spins, it looks like the game is alive, but no loading music and the progress bar doesn't fill up. This happens with no CC at all, only Awesome Mod. I have WA, HAL and Ambitions installed on top of vanilla Sims 3, and of course the latest update. It's all very confusing, because the mod seems to work for some. Undecided

I tried without Awesome Mod but with all CC back in place, and the game launched correctly.

Anyway, this is my feedback. Thanks for everything!

Antonius Maximus.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010 June 06, 10:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Framework Fail.

Scaenicus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 June 06, 10:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything seems to work fine now, exept one thing:
The lot-value calculation seems not to work anymore.
Even the shops, which would have three stars are rated "closed" and if I try to fulfil the requirements, they still show up unfilled in the real estate menu.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 11:01:27 by Scaenicus » Logged
AntoniusMaximus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 June 06, 10:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Framework Fail.

I haven't inspected that, I'll check it out. I did copy it in Ambitions's Bin folder though. I'll just reinstall the framework from scratch in every directory.

Another thing I just thought about, but it probably isn't that... I created symlinks in every Bin folder in order to point Mods and Resource.cfg to my own custom locations, namely the Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. They're not shortcuts, mind you, they were created with the mklink command, which kind of imitates Linux's ln -s command. So, basically, it looks like this :

D:\Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Mods --> D:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

I'm going to disable the symlinks and have the content in Ambition's Bin folder if the Framework reinstall fails.

Thanks for your speedy response,

Antonius Maximus.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010 June 06, 11:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, don't know if this is AwesomeMod, but it only seemed to have appeared after installing it. Randomly items from my Sims inventory will move to the family inventory, the items will tehn become unselectable, unsellable etc. They just sit there as ghosts, however the items are gone from the sims main inventory. Any ideas?

Also randomly some cars appear around my town as "Derelict" they are empty cars that just sit there doing nothing. Installing the updated one didn't fix the problem either, they are stuck there ><
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 11:24:31 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: