More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:38:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266390 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #75 on: 2010 June 05, 21:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it make any difference whether you have the DVD version or the downloadable version of the EP?   People are getting CTD with or without AM - could there be some non-AM related reason?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 05, 22:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My partner just played Sims 3 Ambitions soon after she installed the game this afternoon. She did not have any CC and mods installed because she wanted to try the game out first to see if she liked it. The game itself crashed to the desktop with no further explanation. The crash happened during the time she was creating a new Sim in CAS.

I'm going to check out the newer version right now on my machine.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 05, 22:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can explain the 'borked logic skilling' .. None of the bookcases at the Twinbooks library have skillbooks. So either experiment and add more bookcases, or give up on this one. I've been making my sim buy the books she needs to read, and then sending her to the library to read them.
I turned the library into a house.  Bought it. Stocked it with all the skilling books, music books, parenting books, recipes and fishing books, then I turned it back into a library.  I checked and the library still has the skilling/etc books.  So bulldoze your old library and put this one in and it should fix that problem.

You can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nijznjzy2z2/Lakeside Skilling Library.Sims3Pack

Let me know if the file doesn't work or whatever.  This is the first time I've uploaded a lot.
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 05, 22:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In reference to Inge's comment above, there are definitely non-Awesomemod problems with the game.  I have been running a completely vanilla, unmodded game with a fresh neighborhood... and have been having immense problems.  The entire computer will go into super-super-slow motion (sorry for the non-technical language).  Even on speed 4, one sim-minute extends to two "real" minutes (yes, if you can believe I sat through this and suffered an hour just to get the fool sim home).  Emptying his inventory seemed to help but only temporarily.  It seized up again when he was using a Harvester (a machine he had just invented) and seized up again while he was just inventing.  There was no change in RAM usage before, during, or after the siezes, staying steady around 880,000k.

All I can conclude is, Pescado, you are my hero.  If you can mod this buggy POS into a decent game, I take my hat off to you. Truly. Thank you for what you do, man.  You make Sims playable.

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to charitable causes! - 90% goes to me!*
.......Which come to think of it is kinda the same thing. :-/
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 June 05, 22:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre AM I had a few CTD's, after I put in AM I started up a fresh game in Twinbrook. I had no CTDs in a couple of hours' play but lots and lots of FSE's (they looked the same as the one in reply #1 in this thread). My game currently has no CC at all.

All in all things are running pretty smoothly for me. I've been playing a firefighter and an architectural designer. The firefighter has no colleagues, and it seems as if she should have, so I am wondering if this is an AM issue.

For the record, re Inge's question, I have the store-bought DVD version of the game.

More F than you
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2010 June 05, 22:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My partner just played Sims 3 Ambitions soon after she installed the game this afternoon. She did not have any CC and mods installed because she wanted to try the game out first to see if she liked it. The game itself crashed to the desktop with no further explanation. The crash happened during the time she was creating a new Sim in CAS.

I'm going to check out the newer version right now on my machine.

When I first loaded Ambitions, I was playing vanilla. Had a CTD within the first few minutes. After I set the DEP for Ambitions, I haven't had a CTD since. I also used the CFF explorer and set that to 2GB.

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 June 05, 23:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I had her machine set with DEP for Sims 3. Mine is set up with DEP for Ambitions. I'll take a look at CFF and see what I can set it to. Thank you for the tip, Rainbow_Brite.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 June 05, 23:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CTD on Investigator / Stakeout. SC set on Random Crap, having just finished skilling a logic point.

BTW I have Awesomemod in the MyDocs etc folder, not the old framework.

* xcpt TOLEDO 10-06-06 11.24.19.txt (13.31 KB - downloaded 497 times.)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 June 05, 23:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole directory of Sims 3 or just the saves folder? I need to be certain before I send you the save file.
Saves. And what are you running right now?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 June 05, 23:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting the same FSE that was posted on the first page of this topic. I only began to receive it after updating to the 10:00 version of AM, and the latest version of the registration hack posted in Pudding Factory. As far as other mods go, I'm running Super Computer, and several of the hacks made by Rainbow Brite that affect the skill sets. I do have quite a bit of CC in my game, however. I was playing with the earliest version of AM with no issue for a few hours, but being a tard, I didn't make a back up copy of the original package before I overwrote it with the new one.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2010 June 05, 23:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The firefighter has no colleagues, and it seems as if she should have, so I am wondering if this is an AM issue.

I'm playing with no AM as my game version is 4.0.3 so I can't test as far as I can tell. I am currently playing a firefighter and there are 4 co-workers that just hang around the fire station and do nothing but they are there to befriend.

I have a few mods set up in the old framework and am using the frame limiter and kick starter from here. My game has run very smoothly with little to no trouble, no CTD and everything seems to be working fine. I have put in probably over 6 hours of play.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Torbin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 June 05, 23:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the latest build, everything seemed to be working fine. Everything was functioning flawlessly for a couple hours. No nag on start, no crash on lot, and it wasn't randomly CTDing. Then my sim went swimming to finish an opportunity and, even though she had JUST started swimming (so exhaustion couldn't be to blame) and had more than half her energy still, tragically decided to end her life when I asked her to send in her progress report (on the opportunity).

Right as she was expiring, I noticed her need bars all just rapidly declined to nothing, except social, for some reason. The Opportinuty reward jingle (you know the one) also just kept repeating over and over until the game asked me to pick a new active household.

Anyway, AM is the only core mod I have installed, so I'll try and recreate it later tonight. If it is recreatable, would you want a copy of this save, too?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 June 06, 00:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I keep hearing about sudden motive drain, but I can't figure out what causes it. Why do you not have a save from before this starts?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 June 06, 00:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the only crash I had contributed to my Sim trying to use the toilet. I clicked on the toilet, and the game froze for a split second. Then the game crashed to the desktop. I avoided the toilet for awhile by dragging her Bladder need up to full.

She seemed to get into the rabbit hole just fine when I sent her to a bookstore to buy the Invention skill book. It's primarily the workplace I'm concerned about and will try sending her to work when it is time for her to work.

I'm running AM (Time stamped at 10:00 AM) right now. When I posted previously, I had 8:55 AM installed before I stepped out for awhile.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2010 June 06, 00:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can explain the 'borked logic skilling' .. None of the bookcases at the Twinbooks library have skillbooks. So either experiment and add more bookcases, or give up on this one. I've been making my sim buy the books she needs to read, and then sending her to the library to read them.
I turned the library into a house.  Bought it. Stocked it with all the skilling books, music books, parenting books, recipes and fishing books, then I turned it back into a library.  I checked and the library still has the skilling/etc books.  So bulldoze your old library and put this one in and it should fix that problem.

You can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nijznjzy2z2/Lakeside Skilling Library.Sims3Pack

Let me know if the file doesn't work or whatever.  This is the first time I've uploaded a lot.

Thanks, I'll test it. And I've noticed that in general, even after turning all the graphic settings down to less than they had been before Ambitions, my game is super laggy. A few things like cars moving are slightly faster, but generally, it's incredibly.. laggy.

Also, I think the Ghosthunter career could use some tweaking. My sim shouldn't have earned two promotions over her weekend just by reading logic books. She's even technically behind what she should have for logic.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 June 06, 00:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I keep hearing about sudden motive drain, but I can't figure out what causes it. Why do you not have a save from before this starts?

Just start a opportunity and you will see the motives. Just make sure to do it in a vacation spot cause there is nothing funnier than seeing your sim having a meltdown while the adventure music is repeating in the background, heck if it werent for the fact my electricity is down thx to a thunderstorm I would do it myself lol
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 June 06, 00:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are you starting these quests?

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 June 06, 01:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious, too, because I have trouble even getting to a vacation location with AM installed.  The location never finishes loading.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 June 06, 01:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to see if a scripterror log materialized in your userdirectory if that happens.

igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 June 06, 01:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok electricity is back and my sim is in frace so I will do all the work and post the save files.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 June 06, 01:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No script error.

I got into the vacation location on the third try.  I did get an access violation in MSVCR80.dll, though.

I took the first adventure that presented itself, which had a "report in" step first.  Took it.  As soon as I completed the report in, Hunger, Bladder, and Energy tanked.
I have saves.  I will see if it repeats.

Edit: It does repeat.  It only happens with AM installed.  I tested for potential mod conflicts.  Link to save sent to Pescado via PM.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 02:05:56 by lordrichter » Logged

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2010 June 06, 01:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CTD in save that I'd played awesomeless before. Fiddled around in Build/Buy mode, switched back to live mode, unpaused, and then the trash my sim was carrying vanished, and the game crashed. Robotic Hand of God is not supposed to be on. I can upload the save and the aweconfig file, along with the error report if you want.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010 June 06, 01:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With no Awesomemod or CC, I played Twinbrook for 3 hours, then came back and played it for 3 more. I didn't experience any CTDs or weirdness despite the usual EA fails and annoyances. I do have a lot of sims randomly walking onto my lot and trying to talk to my sim though. Not sure if that was something Awesomemod fixed or not.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 June 06, 02:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very simple bug with AM (latest version).

Property levels and values:

All properties that can be purchased are reset to level 0 and cannot be upgraded or officially "opened".  The true property value is not reflected, it seems to be buyable at the default minimum value.  No upgrades to the property are recognized.

Removing AM and reloading the save results in all properties going back to normal costs and true "levels" for the property are reflected.  Property upgrades also go off without a hitch.

Can be easily reproduced.
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010 June 06, 02:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten bit by the game won't finish loading with AM installed bug too.  It gets all the way to the end and just sits there.  Load up fine without it. 

Also unable to interact with the sculpting station but I haven't pinpointed if that's an EA screwup or something else yet
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: