More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:36:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266492 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #50 on: 2010 June 05, 17:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he wants the SAVE FILE, usually stored in the SAVES FOLDER, not all your fucking screenshots and mods an-

ugh

I hate you people.

The Sims 3 directory is over 6GB in size for me. I cannot say how big it is for you, but it's a hell of a lot bigger than "reasonable to rar and upload".
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 June 05, 17:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate you too, bastard. Why don't you go over there to the corner and suck your thumb while we test this stuff for him. Or even better, go fuck off.

Some of us are much more precise in needing to know exactly what he's looking for regarding the files saved by the game.

Will have a rarred file ready for you in a few minutes, Pescado.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 June 05, 17:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he wants the SAVE FILE, usually stored in the SAVES FOLDER, not all your fucking screenshots and mods an-

ugh

I hate you people.

The Sims 3 directory is over 6GB in size for me. I cannot say how big it is for you, but it's a hell of a lot bigger than "reasonable to rar and upload".

Just rar up what you think he wants. From a techie stand point, too much info is better than not enough. Sheesh. It's not rocket science.

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 June 05, 17:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, FFR.

To Pescado:

Uploaded 3 files in a rar for you to look at.

*Edited*

The file was removed because it is no longer needed.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 09:26:36 by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 June 05, 17:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried the new Awesomemod (8h55) and beside the well known work/opportunity bugs I noticed  a problem while using supreme commander.

My sim was prompted to go to the bathroom, there were 2 near him, twin bathrooms but one for women and another for men. This is a new "Ambition" feature, there a re now doors that work by gender.

He was in front of the "women" one, and the command was popping, failing and popping again, like an infinite loop when the "men" bathroom was just one step to the right.

I made my Sims go inside the proper bathroom, end of the problem.

I saw the post saying that you didn't install ambitions yet so you couldn't have notice this problem, so for future reference a workaround will be needed ...
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 June 05, 17:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a save with the opportunity drain bug.  My sim completed the "make a charming introduction" challenge.  Reported back to the dude, and then her motives started dropping to all hell.   She isn't dying because she has a lot of fruit in her inventory she keeps eating to replenish her hunger meter.

This is with ambitions installed:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wywzwzdnoy3

ETA: That was the 8:55a version
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 18:12:17 by Simius » Logged
laughoutloud
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 June 05, 17:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you want all of the flagrant error reports or just one of them?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 June 05, 18:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have experienced 3 CTDs so far, with base game + AMB. The first occurred after hitting the 3rd speed, the other two almost immediately after loading the game up again and keeping it at normal speed. Game ran fine while in build/buy mode, it only crashed when entering live mode.

I sing along with elevator music.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 June 05, 18:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newer version (Time stamped - 10:00 AM) caused the game to crash to the desktop within minutes of loading and playing the lot. My Sim just finished eating when I directed her to go use the toilet. At that moment, the game crashed.

Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 June 05, 19:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 10:38 version, and with Ambitions installed, I was still getting the massive motive drain while trying to complete opportunities. Thinking I was smart, I made needs static and tried again. Whether it was the static needs that caused it, or something else, it made it impossible to complete the opportunity ("interviewing" someone in the investigator's profession). I even bumped up their relationship to see if it made any difference. With needs not static, motives immediately drain and the sim dies, so I can't tell if I could complete that opportunity normally or not.

I sent the sim home, and had an immediate crash to desktop when she arrived, on 2x speed.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 June 05, 19:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 10:38 version, and with Ambitions installed, I was still getting the massive motive drain while trying to complete opportunities. Thinking I was smart, I made needs static and tried again. Whether it was the static needs that caused it, or something else, it made it impossible to complete the opportunity ("interviewing" someone in the investigator's profession). I even bumped up their relationship to see if it made any difference. With needs not static, motives immediately drain and the sim dies, so I can't tell if I could complete that opportunity normally or not.

I sent the sim home, and had an immediate crash to desktop when she arrived, on 2x speed.
I'd guess you can't complete the opportunity.  My sim had fruit so she wouldn't die and she talked to the person she needed to to complete the opportunity, but instead her needs kept dropping.  Eventually I had her try to talk to the person again but she kept pissing herself and eating and never could.  When I canceled the eating action she simply died.  Since you couldn't complete it with static motives I'd guess the bug lies somewhere in that the opportunity can't be completed which makes the sim go into crazy bladder/hunger/sleep decay mode.
bobjoephil
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 June 05, 19:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out two interesting things about the Motive drop/Opportunity music looping bug:

- The bug stops if you get off the lot where the bug started and back to the main map
- It also stops if you die and have a death flower

In both cases the bug doesn't happen again if you try to complete the same opportunity, but it also doesn't allow the opportunity to complete either. The bug resurfaces if you drop the opportunity and try to turn in another. This was all on a fresh game, AM only. Random CTDs that did occur were completely unrelated to anything with this bug.
Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 June 05, 19:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It almost sounds like EA built in a series of recursive loops that would automaticly engage if AM is detected.  Once a condition is met, WHAM.  Get around that and it sets off another trap.  I guess the programmers at EA don't like being shown they are the lesser.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2010 June 05, 19:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if anyone who goes "EA is obviously ridiculously evil and painstakingly programmed the game to specifically detect and sabotage awesomemod what with all the damage it does to them" can come up with actual logical reasoning behind such a claim.

Is Awesomemod made to work properly with the supercomputer? I would like to try some testing, too, but I have the Supercomputer installed as well as the debugenabler and would be using them to create test situations. Will that work ok? Or is that a "conflict of interest" as the issues may not be awesomemod related?
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 June 05, 19:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has commented in his forum threads that his supercomputer works alongside AM with no problems.
I've been using them together for months with no obvious issues.
Quote from TSC supercomputer thread:
"COMPATIBILITY

This mod should e fully compatible with any other mod (XML, scripting, or core)."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2010 June 05, 19:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's less an issue of compatability, and more one of "conflict of interest". Like, would it be ENCOURAGED to try out situations using such mods, to get more information? Or is the inclusion of such mods going to clutter the information and possibly lead to finding issues that are not simply an awesomemod issue?

Or does it just plain not matter, who cares?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 June 05, 20:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Logically, in an AM test thread, one would be testing AM. Once that is stable, then adding other variables would be OK. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Mutifex
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 June 05, 20:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hardly suprising I'm sure, but you can expect that many if not most of the random CTDs are actually just the game and nothing to do with AM.  I've had about 3 CTDs this morning, one during saving, one when returning from map view to sim focus and one just out of nowhere.  Meanwhile, not only do I not have AM instealled at the moment but I have no mods at all installed, just some CC.

I'd anticipate a patch in the not too distant future, unless they are lazy.  Wait... crap we're boned.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 June 05, 20:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's get AM working first and then worry about if it works with other mods.  So just test it with AM alone for now.

I do believe witch just said this:

Logically, in an AM test thread, one would be testing AM. Once that is stable, then adding other variables would be OK. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

A proud thread pirate.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 June 05, 20:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's get AM working first and then worry about if it works with other mods.  So just test it with AM alone for now.

I do believe witch just said this:

Yeah. My bad. 
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2010 June 05, 20:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"NoKillWantsOnUnselect" is borked. I selected another family via 'ctrl+click Select Sim', and when I reverted back to my original family, all wish slots were wiped clean.

Also, Logic skilling may have lost functionality - I'm not too sure about this one. I made my sim skill Logic on supcom, and instead of going to the library where skill gain is doubled, he went to the fire station.

edit: Otherwise, I have not CTD during gameplay at all - only once when I was exiting to the main menu, but I already saved the game.

edit 2: Never mind. Experienced random CTD at night.

I can explain the 'borked logic skilling' .. None of the bookcases at the Twinbooks library have skillbooks. So either experiment and add more bookcases, or give up on this one. I've been making my sim buy the books she needs to read, and then sending her to the library to read them.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 June 05, 21:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered that after I went to bed. My sims had books in their inventories and still went to the library, but the shelves looked awfully bare. I thought I might try the AM command that restocks books today.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 June 05, 21:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting tidbit on the work/school skipping issue: Seems that part-time jobs function just fine, it's just the full-time jobs and the schooling that's affected, and there seems to be no way at all to get them to go there.

Still trying to get an opportunity in an un-Ambitioned game to check the motive-drain.

ETA: Got an opportunity to take a self-written book to Egypt. When he talked to the person to "Deliver Book", the predictable motive-drain started happen. This was with testingcheatsenabled off (although it happened 3 times in earlier Ambitions games with that on). I turned it on, did the continuous dragging to keep him from dying and teleported him out of there to the other side of town a few times, and it didn't help. The drain stopped a while later, although it seems uncertain as to whether it stopped because he *walked* to another lot or because of some time-expiry? When I tried to repeat the "Deliver Book" interaction, the interaction was still available, but the book had disappeared from his inventory.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 21:45:56 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Interfection
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 June 05, 21:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got two Flagrant System Errors at the same time. 

I don't know if the circumstances are relevant, but just in case:
It happened when I was traveling to a lot to complete an architecture job, but she went "off the clock" before she reached the home.  She tried to take a nap in a lounge chair outside and they popped up.

I do have mods installed, but only clothes/accessories/etc.  AM is my only hack (10:00 version).

* ScriptErrors.zip (1.78 KB - downloaded 222 times.)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2010 June 05, 21:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have everything but Ambitions, with the new folder setup and all.  With the new AwesomeMod, the game will not load.  Without it, it will.  !!!???

Never mind - I got it from the regular thread instead of the "click here" on this thread.  It's working now.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 22:46:55 by cwurts » Logged

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: