More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:44:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266392 times)
Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 05, 13:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalled saves from before EP install.  Game glitched out bad.  Could not get kids in the school.  Rabbit holes were malfuntioning.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 05, 13:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm giving up for now. I'll try again on the next build.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 05, 13:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got the dropping-at-the-speed-of-light motives drop. I recreated the scenario in which it happened the first time with a new game and new sim, and it happened again. Female sim, takes profession of investigator, gets her first case, and when she does the interview for that, whammo. Motives drop so fast you can't drag them back up. All motives except fun was affected, and after about a minute (on normal speed, I should add) my sim died.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
goldentulips
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 05, 13:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... until it was time to send one of my kids to school.
I discovered that there wasn't any school anymore. The building is there, it's a community building but not a school and if i try to modify it's use i don't find school in the list.

I tried removing all my other hacks and leaving only Awesomemod, same problem.
I then removed Awesomemod  and the school came back and is working (the kid is at school right now).....

I'm having a similar issue.  I installed the new test version of awesomemod about an hour before this post and started the game up.  I got the naggy EA screen at the beginning just like everyone else.  I checked to make sure awesomemod was up and running and it is.  Everything seemed fine until it was time for my sim to go to work.  The car came to pick her up but she wouldn't go.  I went to her work building and tried to click on the work button but it won't allow me to.  The button is there, however, when I click it, nothing happens.

Same here. My sims wont go to school or work.

And the game crashed 3 times till now, 3-5 minutes after playing. Am in game now .. hope it wont crash again.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 05, 13:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The minute I accepted an adventure every single motives started to drop FAST and the lifetime point to go up FAST, it was like the sim itself was fast forwarding.

Seems this interaction is not working correctly, same happens with investigators.
EDIT: It's opportunities in general, I believe. Just went to give a seminar at a rabbit hole and motive drainage occurred.

I had a couple of errors messages, but nothing seems to have happened except for error messages popping up.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 05, 14:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that this new Patch/Ambitions and the changes to Mods has completely ruined AwesomeMod for functionality. Is there some big change that caused the mod to just break down like this? We didn't have the same problems with World Adventures did we?
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 05, 14:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that this new Patch/Ambitions and the changes to Mods has completely ruined AwesomeMod for functionality. Is there some big change that caused the mod to just break down like this? We didn't have the same problems with World Adventures did we?
It's almost like Awesome Mod was targeted by EA. I don't think any other mod is having this much trouble getting updated.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 05, 14:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Mod touches a lot of stuff and EA has touched back.   It would not surprise me to find out that EA has looked over AM to see what it is up to and that may have caused them to put fixes in areas that AM makes changes.  I would not attribute this to malice because AM does fix bugs and may make changes in areas EA might find interesting.

One thing we now know they did was put in a version identifier so that they can detect when a core mod is out of date.  AM already includes a similar function but such function is not required for core mods.  EA has made it a little harder to run old core mods.  Once AM gets this set straight, that version mismatch dialog at the start will go away.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 05, 14:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think its just the changed to opportunities which I will add that I seriously hate the new way of accepting them.

Why fix something that isn't broken?
Stallias
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 05, 14:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

trying it out now; let you know what happens. i mainly get on this site for the awesomemod while another core mod i like is being updated.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 05, 14:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... until it was time to send one of my kids to school.
I discovered that there wasn't any school anymore. The building is there, it's a community building but not a school and if i try to modify it's use i don't find school in the list.

I tried removing all my other hacks and leaving only Awesomemod, same problem.
I then removed Awesomemod  and the school came back and is working (the kid is at school right now).....
I'm having a similar issue.  I installed the new test version of awesomemod about an hour before this post and started the game up.  I got the naggy EA screen at the beginning just like everyone else.  I checked to make sure awesomemod was up and running and it is.  Everything seemed fine until it was time for my sim to go to work.  The car came to pick her up but she wouldn't go.  I went to her work building and tried to click on the work button but it won't allow me to.  The button is there, however, when I click it, nothing happens.
Same here. My sims wont go to school or work.

I am also experiencing this. This, and the increase in CTDs are the only niggles I'm seeing though.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 05, 15:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the game to load at all for me with AM installed in the TS3\mods\packages dir. It just sits at the loading screen. I left it idle for about 10 minutes just in case it was a slow load. If I place it in the Ambitions dir, the game loads, but the mod isn't read.  This is with and without other mods installed. And, without AM (cries) installed, the game loads without issue. Other mods are working.

Platform:
W7x64

I'm beginning to think Steve Jobs took over The Sims division of EA. This is just like trying to jailbreak my iPhone everytime Apple pushes an update.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 15:12:27 by FFR » Logged

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 05, 15:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Mod touches a lot of stuff and EA has touched back.   It would not surprise me to find out that EA has looked over AM to see what it is up to and that may have caused them to put fixes in areas that AM makes changes.  I would not attribute this to malice because AM does fix bugs and may make changes in areas EA might find interesting.

One thing we now know they did was put in a version identifier so that they can detect when a core mod is out of date.  AM already includes a similar function but such function is not required for core mods.  EA has made it a little harder to run old core mods.  Once AM gets this set straight, that version mismatch dialog at the start will go away.
Well that blew my tin foil hat off. You and your aggravating infallible arguments Tongue.
Stallias
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 05, 15:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the mod in my usual mods folder in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Mods\Packages
I got the little thing that said it's not up to date, then when I was trying to load a previously saved game, the whole computer froze on me and I had to manually shut it off. I'm not about to try a new game after that. the only new mod i'd added was awesomemod, so i know that it was the problem.
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 05, 15:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Stallias

Got warning at boot-up, loaded AwesomeMod-free saving... but it would it not load... at all. Through task manager it kept taking up RAM, then eventually loaded.
Only problem with me is that the 'Options' menu would not load up for me.

Similar Issue?
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 05, 15:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"NoKillWantsOnUnselect" is borked. I selected another family via 'ctrl+click Select Sim', and when I reverted back to my original family, all wish slots were wiped clean.

Also, Logic skilling may have lost functionality - I'm not too sure about this one. I made my sim skill Logic on supcom, and instead of going to the library where skill gain is doubled, he went to the fire station.

edit: Otherwise, I have not CTD during gameplay at all - only once when I was exiting to the main menu, but I already saved the game.

edit 2: Never mind. Experienced random CTD at night.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 15:55:34 by Pyromaniac » Logged
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 05, 15:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugs I encountered so far:

1) My sim joined the Medical Career without problem, but can't go to work. Never gets in the car, but walks towards it. Instead of getting in, goes to any random sim to nag about idiotic stuff (even takes a cab to do it). When I click on the "go to work" button from the Hospital, it does nothing at all, just the click sound. The quit work and join career buttons work just fine.

2) My sim gets the Investigator job opportunity to interview some woman. Suddenly, as soon as the sim starts the quest, the motives start dropping like crazy. I use maxmotives and they go up and down in a tick. The other sim, the one who is not in the quest is fine, maxmotives works. I drop the quest, the sim returns to normal, maxmotives works like a charm. EDIT: Happens every time my sim reports in, starts an interview or anything regarding another sim target in conversation.

3) Selected sim gains 90000 aspiration points after woohoo...

4) My sim cannot collect the Service Award for Ghost Hunting Services from the City Hall. He enters the Hall and gets out through another door without it.
That's all so far,
I'm out
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 16:42:14 by Erwenla » Logged
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 05, 16:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version of Awesome Mod now has the correct package version information, so the game no longer complains at startup.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 05, 16:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game no longer gets the flagrant error with the new AM build.  I'll update this post as I run into things with this build.
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 05, 16:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On start up annoying message pops up, then my computer goes Blue Screen.  Shocked ...So....it died. Now on restart it keeps going blue screen.

Only tested Awesome Mod. No other mods or cc in Mod folder.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 05, 16:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest version (Time stamped - 8:55 AM) to test after I encountered a couple of issues with the earlier version (Time stamped - 1:49 AM) when the game crashed to the desktop.

With the newer version (Time stamped - 8:55 AM) installed, I did not encounter an EA warning dialog window telling me an unofficial mod did not match the game version. Nor did I encounter a script mod dialog window listing what mods were installed right before I got to the worlds window. My test lot loaded just fine. Last time I played with this lot (only one lot in only one town), my Sim was heading to work. She got down the steps and started walking to the car waiting on the road. Then she "reset". The Go To Work action in her queue disappeared, and so did the work car. I pulled out to Map View to select her workplace and click Work. That didn't work. I could hear the clicking sound when I tried to select Work on the building of her workplace. Then I tried to click "Go To Work" in her Career tab to force her to go to work. She was unable to go to work.

I am not sure about one thing. Twallan did a few improvements on his Story Progression mod that included career-related functions, and his mod was dumping story progression error logs into C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. I looked at the logs and was under the impression that the issue is pointing to the career area.

So, is there a part of AM that may potentially conflict with the part of Twallan's SP mod affecting the careers and/or rabbit holes?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 05, 17:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you encounter a flagrant system error, a ScriptError XML should appear in your luser directory. Attach that here. Even if you can't get the FSE popup, the error should be logged anyway. As for crashing issues, seen them, but can't isolate them yet. Still looking. Work-related issues, expected due to extensive changes in work-related things, but hard to reproduce: Send samples of afflicted saves. Sudden Motive Decay Speedups, haven't seen, can't think of any reason why this would occur. Anything Ambitions related, haven't even installed yet, still working from Base+WA+HELS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 05, 17:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which save file did you want? There's four in my only one town folder: 1a5tf13.dat, Meta.data, TravelDB and Twinbrook_0x09b610fa.nhd.

I just noticed the newer time stamped version and will install that version right now. I'd be happy to send you the save file if you could tell me which one to send.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 05, 17:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rar and up the entire directory.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 05, 17:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole directory of Sims 3 or just the saves folder? I need to be certain before I send you the save file.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: