More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 03:48:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266686 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #250 on: 2010 June 07, 22:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly they were serious, too, so yeah
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2010 June 07, 22:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to do a complete reinstall, some store content was borked and the game was really laggy.
Installed everything, popped my saves and mods in place (no core mods, just AM + some packages, few hairs and patterns), and now most of the old rabbit holes (at least the school, city hall, science facility, corporate towers, hospital) have turned into parks. Previously it was only the school, just like people have reported. But now it's nearly every workplace, except the police station, grocery store, bistro and a few others.

When I went back to the game after reinstalling, the game told me the carpool for my Sim would be arriving soon. When I went to check his job tab, he was unemployed. So was his wife, who previously held a high position in the business career. They both rolled new wants for a career, so the game at least noticed they didn't have any place to work. As for the kids, the game still tries to send them to school.

This probably is the same thing that's affecting the school, but seems like it spread after the reinstall for some reason.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2010 June 07, 22:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am all patched up and do not have ambitions, I was running fine until I put in AM and the only problem that I seem to be having is work-related. When I ask the employed person to "Meet Co-Workers" or students to "Meet School Mates" they pop out of the building and stand around looking blank. They still read as "Working" in the job tab and this has happened with several families in different games, started fresh for testing purposes and with caches cleared, prior to launch. If they are just "Business as Usual" no problem, it is only when I direct them to meet co-workers that this happens. I have taken out all other mods for testing and it still seems to be happening. Is this just me, or is anyone else having this problem? I will add that once they have gone home they are listed as "Working overtime" and keep getting performance raises as if they were still at work.
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2010 June 07, 22:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CURSE YOU AWESOMEMOD!

CUUUUUURSE YOU!

Which part of the phrase "test thread" is confusing to you? If you're using AM on sims that are actually important to you, it's your own fault.

This ALMOST happened to me. Thank god I remembered in time  Cheesy

But in his/her defense isn't it amazing how unawesome the Sims 3 is without awesomemod?

Yes I know unawesome isn't a word….Neither is awesomemod so suck it Cool
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2010 June 07, 23:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this will help diagnose the issues with the school, but as we are all having issues with the school being broken, I thought I would try using a custom rabbit hole mod, which allows placing rugs as rabbit holes, as a temp fix in the meantime. All of them work well, except the school rabbit hole rug cannot be placed, it does not have a placement grid. So it's like the school rabbit hole is non-existent rather than simply being re-assigned as a park.

Anyway, as another work-around for everyone else. Twallan's career mod has home school as well as schools assigned to other rabbit holes (as stated above).

Right now i'm trying not to play too much, as I'm expecting Pescado to tell us all to revert to a previous save to fix the school issue.

Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2010 June 07, 23:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else with the latest AM and Ambitions confirm that Inventing is working the way it should be? I've tried with three different Sims in two different neighborhoods, but it seems once I invent two things, I can invent away for days on end, and not actually invent anything. My skill is up to one away from max, but I still can only make two items. I did notice that this started after one Sim caught on fire and died (the others, I've been able to direct to showers to put themselves out before too long).

Just wondering if this is mod related or my game related.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2010 June 07, 23:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's tied to the bar on the work tab. You have to sell a truckload of stuff to progress. My sim shows no progress on that bar despite delivering at least 50 items to the consignment store. She invents but it takes her ages, she's up to a dog toy now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2010 June 07, 23:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's tied to the bar on the work tab. You have to sell a truckload of stuff to progress. My sim shows no progress on that bar despite delivering at least 50 items to the consignment store. She invents but it takes her ages, she's up to a dog toy now.
If you sell it directly out of your inventory you will get promoted extremely quickly.  Selling stuff at the consignment shop doesn't count toward your promotions because EA borked it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2010 June 07, 23:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you sell it directly out of your inventory you will get promoted extremely quickly.  Selling stuff at the consignment shop doesn't count toward your promotions because EA borked it.

Ah fuck. I should have bloodywell guessed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Theria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2010 June 07, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you seem to be right. The whole thing is kind of odd, because the first Sim I tried inventing with was actually in the investigator profession and learned new inventions all the time, without selling anything. With this one, being self-employed as an inventor and maxing the skill, selling one item taught her the dog toy. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Kraken
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2010 June 07, 23:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is true. I am having no problems with the Inventing career or the Stylist career, apart from the fact it's bloody tedious being in neverending CAS land.  Inventing is going along at the same rate it was in the vanilla game.

One area of major pain I discovered in the vanilla game is the "upgrade hose" for the fire fighting career.  You can upgrade it in the station twice I think but once you reach the top and have the ability to work from home, you can only upgrade your home fire bell and engine.  This pongs badly of being the usual EA shit basket of failure because the hose upgrade helps you put out the fires twice as fast!

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2010 June 08, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read and in some point later in this thread, Pescado asked for a save, I noticed nobody sent one, so I uploaded one. I do know he didn't install the EP just yet. For the time he does, he can use the save. I didn't speak to you either, so I would appreciate you stay out of the question, or politely speak your mind. I am not an idiot, nor new to the site.  And I can assure you I didn't miss the posts and I don't bitch about stuff, I AM A GROWN UP and have better and more intelligent things to do than "omg I can't palay!!!! oh shit I NEED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY". If you can't tell the difference between bitching and providing information even if somebody cares or not about it, you are very wrong upstairs
I'm out.
By the way, you are bitching about what I posted.

Don't you mean earlier in the thread?  No where later in the thread does he ask for a save (at this point in time).  Also, maybe a dozen posts above this one of yours, he says he is concentrating on the basegame/WA/HELS with the patches before installing Ambitions.  If he runs your save, it will work for him, because he doesn't have Ambitions.  If you read and comprehended the thread, you also would have seen that the request for a save was BEFORE anyone realised that the schools problem was specific to Ambitions.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2010 June 08, 00:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it was after. Reading comprehension would lead one to note that in my post prior to all of that I mention that Ambitions (not the patch) turned the school into a career rabbithole and no doubt that's what's causing it to bork. I don't think I'm the only one that came to that conclusion.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2010 June 08, 00:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The car problem might be caused by cars being unable to be parked on parking slots. There are 3 next to the fire station and yet my sim still chooses to leave his car on the street. No such problems with bikes.

I don't think so, I've seen NPC's using the parking slots just fine. My first outbreak of derelicts was caused by the work bug causing them to jump out of the car. However, playing with an updated awesomemod where the issue is fixed, something caused the townies to jump out of them again as there's now even a bike stuck in the middle of the road and a crap ton of cars. There was no error log generated so I have no idea what it was. I don't exactly want to nuke them because I want the towns folk to have their own cars but if I have to I will. The car in front of my house keeps changing model which is entirely weird. When I zoom out to map view, it has it's original brand name but zooming in reveals and an entire different brand of car that changes at random intervals. I did notice sometimes the townies reclaim them and sometimes not. The one in front of the house belongs to the family across the street and seems to have been entirely replaced by a different car in their driveway and I am unsure how they managed that unless it was in their inventory.

Are you using NRaas story mod? If so, this sounds like an issue they've had for a while where private activities such as parties, fires, and repomen will alert you as the player but actually mean the other towns-person. I usually ignore it since I never get the money. If, on the other hand, you're not using NRaas at all, I'd call EAxian bullshit.

I am indeed. That's probably being caused by that then.
msflibble
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2010 June 08, 01:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I am all patched up and do not have ambitions, I was running fine until I put in AM and the only problem that I seem to be having is work-related. When I ask the employed person to "Meet Co-Workers" or students to "Meet School Mates" they pop out of the building and stand around looking blank. They still read as "Working" in the job tab and this has happened with several families in different games, started fresh for testing purposes and with caches cleared, prior to launch. If they are just "Business as Usual" no problem, it is only when I direct them to meet co-workers that this happens. I have taken out all other mods for testing and it still seems to be happening. Is this just me, or is anyone else having this problem? I will add that once they have gone home they are listed as "Working overtime" and keep getting performance raises as if they were still at work.

i am having the same problem.
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2010 June 08, 01:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem.
Always remember to capitalize.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2010 June 08, 06:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AntoniusMaximus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2010 June 08, 09:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

The school issue? Oh no, wait. You don't have Ambitions installed. I don't have the school issue when using 1.2.7 without Ambitions.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2010 June 08, 11:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue might be the derelict vehicles all over the town, but then it might be one of the smaller issues being looked into or fixed.

What I found interesting about the school issue was when I went into Edit Town mode, I clicked on the school building, selected Change Lot and then looked at the drop down menu to see the types of lots available. I mistook Academy for School, and it turned out to be the wrong type of lot. So, I changed it to something to disallow visitors for now until it's looked into at a later date. School is missing from the drop down menu as an option to change the lot into a school. So basically, there isn't a way to change the lot type or place a school building down as described by other people. I'm not overly concerned about that since I have Twallan's career-related mods installed to give the kids homework to do from home in my active family.

AM appears to be working all right. I am using AM (time stamped 11:43 PM).

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2010 June 08, 12:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the missing school issue as well when I attempted to create a school using the custom rabbithole rugs.

I sing along with elevator music.
joebagodoe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2010 June 08, 13:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CURSE YOU AWESOMEMOD!

CUUUUUURSE YOU!

Which part of the phrase "test thread" is confusing to you? If you're using AM on sims that are actually important to you, it's your own fault.

It really looked like sarcasm to me... What are you, autistic?

[also sarcasm]
geekgal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2010 June 08, 13:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested it for one hour or so with a new family I created when I got ambitions and everything seemed to be working well until it was time to send one of my kids to school.
I discovered that there wasn't any school anymore. The building is there, it's a community building but not a school and if i try to modify it's use i don't find school in the list.

I know it was working well before I installed Awesomemod because the same kid went to school for 2 days.
I tried with a new family in the new neighborhood and got the same problem.

I tried removing all my other hacks and leaving only Awesomemod, same problem.
I then removed Awesomemod  and the school came back and is working (the kid is at school right now).

I have WA but no HELS, all up to date.

It's the only problem I noticed so far.
Roll Eyes I had the same problem cept I am running the new Ambitions expansion pack and HELS all up to date
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2010 June 08, 14:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read and in some point later in this thread, Pescado asked for a save, I noticed nobody sent one, so I uploaded one. I do know he didn't install the EP just yet. For the time he does, he can use the save. I didn't speak to you either, so I would appreciate you stay out of the question, or politely speak your mind. I am not an idiot, nor new to the site.  And I can assure you I didn't miss the posts and I don't bitch about stuff, I AM A GROWN UP and have better and more intelligent things to do than "omg I can't palay!!!! oh shit I NEED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY". If you can't tell the difference between bitching and providing information even if somebody cares or not about it, you are very wrong upstairs
I'm out.
By the way, you are bitching about what I posted.

Don't you mean earlier in the thread?  No where later in the thread does he ask for a save (at this point in time).  Also, maybe a dozen posts above this one of yours, he says he is concentrating on the basegame/WA/HELS with the patches before installing Ambitions.  If he runs your save, it will work for him, because he doesn't have Ambitions.  If you read and comprehended the thread, you also would have seen that the request for a save was BEFORE anyone realised that the schools problem was specific to Ambitions.

First of all, he asks for the save in page 9.  It's later than the beginning of the thread, earlier than I am posting. Second, what part of "I do know he didn't install the EP just yet. For the time he does, he can use the save." Don't you understand? Need your mommy to explain it to you dumb ass? Third, did YOU mean it will NOT work for him?
If YOU read and comprehend my post, you would notice I was uploading a save (EVEN IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR HIM JUST YET) so he will have one when he needs one. If he doesn't want it, he won't use it. I know he didn't want THAT save, I have THAT save. Better that than nothing, he'll get to the stuff when he gets to it.

LET IT GO. And please read the post before you whine about it.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2010 June 08, 15:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway the Consignment inventory issue is fixed as of AM 6/7/2010 11:43 pm build. Just saying.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2010 June 08, 15:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway the Consignment inventory issue is fixed as of AM 6/7/2010 11:43 pm build. Just saying.
Which issue is that?

1. That consignment sales don't count towards promotions.

or

2. The buy menu sometimes doesn't pull up.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: