More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:04:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Still planing with TS2 anyone ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Still planing with TS2 anyone ?  (Read 44564 times)
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Still planing with TS2 anyone ?
« Reply #75 on: 2010 July 17, 17:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy with the sims2. And I haven't seen any talk of pudding that makes me want to buy or arr it.

May all your fears & worries come true.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 July 18, 00:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After nearly daily reading of the official forum for the game for the past year, I'm determined to never buy or install the sims 3, mostly because EAxis is determined to ruin: 1). your computer 2.) your game 3.) your mind.

How many times does one have to reinstall the game to get a patch to work? How many times do you have to rebuild the game from the start when you crash it? How much time do you have in your life? How much software do you have to fix when you install it? How much do you have to buy to get the game to work properly? In fact, do you have a limitless bank account for EA to just grab?

That's just the start of the problems I' ve seen. I won't even mention that I don't like how the puddings look, what limited interactions they have, the rabbit holes, or the intolerance of CC from the game. We won't mention the fact that EA would like you to hand over the control of your computer to them for their "phone home" opt-in.

Plus the fact that EA is not improving their customer relations, their technical support or support, period. I know that only a small fraction of players are on the forum, but if they're any indication of what's going on with the silent majority, fuggedaboutit. I don't want a half-made, poorly written, badly coded piece of overpriced shit near my computer.

In other words, I'm staying with Sims 2. Still discovering some things I haven't done-and it doesn't crash at all!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 July 18, 02:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many times does one have to reinstall the game to get a patch to work? How many times do you have to rebuild the game from the start when you crash it?
You know, I've never had any of these problems, and I'm the one who does the craziest crap to it. The people who can't install the patches correctly are just idiots.

How much time do you have in your life? How much software do you have to fix when you install it? How much do you have to buy to get the game to work properly? In fact, do you have a limitless bank account for EA to just grab?
Buy? Huh?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 July 18, 21:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mary, most of the reinstall issues actually dissapeared with the last patch. Now that you can put your Mods in your My Documents folder, patching is relatively simple. Plus, EA figured out that there was an issue with the Download Manager (surprise, surprise) and once you update the EADM, the game patches in the right order and there's no need to reinstall.

As to the question of the look and feel of the game though, that's purely personal choice. Personally I really like Sims 3 and the couple of times I've fired up Sims 2, I haven't played it for all that long. The load screens between houses annoy me now I'm used to Sims 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: