More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:08:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Fixes for the store castleset
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fixes for the store castleset  (Read 6055 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Fixes for the store castleset
« on: 2010 June 04, 22:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are a few fixes for the store castleset: the footprints have been changed so they can be placed and stacked without moveobjects on, they can be seen from neigborhood view and the category of the non-column items has been changed to roof decorations since the misc decor is so cluttered.

If you installed the game via the launcher you can just drop the file in your packages folder.
If you have extracted and made package files of your store content you will probably need to have an override folder and a properly set up resource.cfg for this to work. Info on that can be found around here somewhere or at MTS.
This file is not decrapified, so do that if you have otherwise decrapified content.

* fix_castleset.package (35.7 KB - downloaded 539 times.)
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Fixes for the store castleset
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 05, 13:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is incredibly useful, thank you.

Are these new objects that over-ride the castle ones, or is this a hack that modifies behavior in some way? It's early in the morning and I do not seem to be parsing well right now. Tongue
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 05, 14:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is incredibly useful, thank you.

Are these new objects that over-ride the castle ones, or is this a hack that modifies behavior in some way? It's early in the morning and I do not seem to be parsing well right now. Tongue

These are overrides for only the necessary parts of the files, but not the complete objects. So you still need to have the set installed.
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 06, 15:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack was breaking my game so I took it out and problems are solved.

What happened is it turned all the sims character windows semi transparent. Also it changed the lighting/coloring in game so for instance it was difficult to decipher among the colors of the sims need bars. The need bars that should have been yellow were instead a dark green, a few shades darker than the normal green bar.

Also when I was in map mode it was difficult to maneuver around the map in that the camera tilted in annoying directions when trying to focus on things. It also caused the camera to fly around the map at super speeds, which isn't bad except it made things somewhat difficult to control. I never actually tested it for the purpose it was made because of these problems.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 06, 18:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very odd. I can't figure out what would cause that kind of error. Could it be a conflict with another mod? How did you install your castle set? Is it from here or bought in the store?
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 07, 01:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even though I bought the castle set from the store, I use the package/dbc file from here though none of that is in the game at the moment. I actually thought this hack was  the castle set modified, but now realize it is a mod to change certain characteristics of the castle set. So, the castle set wasn't in the game at the time the mod was.

Maybe thats what caused the problems? It seems unlikely though. But I guess there's only one way to find out and thats install the castle set and this hack in the game. I'll do that and will get back to you on this soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: