More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 17:55:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's Fixed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's Fixed  (Read 43839 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's Fixed
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 06, 03:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time Travel is nega-borked, in the sense that instead of being borked as expected, it is pretty nice. They even avoided the question of changing history with a "Keeper of Time" who jumps out of time portals to tackle you before you have the chance. One tag references the civil war and <i>trying to save an important politician</i> which freaks me out as a bit too much real world reference, but eh.

Time travel sucks ass.  My Sim just got a freakin' kid out of it, due to talking to a couple that "looked familiar" and telling them how good of a couple they are.  Next thing I know, she's got a child.  Didn't get to pick its name, gender, whether or not I WANTED a damn kid...
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 06, 03:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically, you did something that the game told you had unintended consequences, that you knew BEFOREHAND had unintended consequences, and got an unintended consequence THAT YOU LIKELY KNEW WAS POSSIBLE, and you take issue with that. Hmmmmmmmmm.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 06, 05:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's unintended consequences, and then UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 06, 09:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time travel sucks ass.  My Sim just got a freakin' kid out of it, due to talking to a couple that "looked familiar" and telling them how good of a couple they are.  Next thing I know, she's got a child.  Didn't get to pick its name, gender, whether or not I WANTED a damn kid...
That's it? You got a random kid out of simply talking to another couple? I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way...plus I HATE YOU, and your FAT STUPID HEAD!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
girlfromverona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 06, 09:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically a patch fix rather than an Ambitions fix, but scrolling through objects in the Launcher is a gazillion times faster.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 06, 09:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear Trying for a Baby in the Time Machine has a 100% "fertility" rate. At least, that would explain the 11 elderly kids that showed up over the course of several days...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 06, 09:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear Trying for a Baby in the Time Machine has a 100% "fertility" rate. At least, that would explain the 11 elderly kids that showed up over the course of several days...

How is that not funny?  Cheesy I must try this.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 06, 10:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As previously stated, the game runs a lot smoother.  When I saw the size of Twinbrook I was expecting lag, I have none.

There's finally an object that raises fun quickly and doesn't cost thousands of simoleans.  The Gnome Music Box.  The "play" option will max out a half-full fun meter in 30 sim minutes.  I'm sure it's not supposed to do that, but I'm enjoying it.

Careers that are interactive and self-employment.  Ghost busting is going to be my new favorite career (used to be criminal).  You can eat,shat, and watch tv on the job with no real reprecussions.

The notification balloons at the top of the screen being re-vamped.  No more notifications taking up the side of the screen = win.  Though I wish there was a "delete all" option for them.  At least in the old method notifications would disappear over time.  Now they just keep stacking.

This is actually a feature of the game.  The guide (for what that's worth) says that sims can come back, to name a few things, with children, body modifications, and as mummies (if you have WA installed).  Getting a kid is a risk you take by using the time machine.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 12:00:34 by Marq » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 06, 11:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never been able to get two people to get in the time machine at the same time, or get a woohoo in time machine option. >> ... I just occasionally get a random kid that will be an exact clone of the sim that went in due to some random event.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 06, 11:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Eco-Friendly" gives your sim a LOT of moodlet buffs.  Every time he or she does something energy or water-saving -- like car-pooling, shower vs. bath, using the clothesline, etc. -- you get a nice buff.

As far as the laundry system goes, you get two very nice long-lasting buffs for doing laundry:  one when you get dressed (clean clothes), and one when you go to bed (fresh sheets).  If you don't want to be bothered, the maid does laundry too.

I just experienced yet another mood buff due to the washing machine. It started shaking and hopping around a bit (like they sometimes do in RL -cracked me up) and my sim spontaneously ran to it with a 'subdue obnoxious washing machine' message (obnoxious wasn't the exact word, but something to this effect). Then she got a +40 mood buff for being victorious. LOL
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 06, 12:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she got a +40 mood boost from being "victorious" over the vibrating washer.  Uh huh.  Yup.  Sure.  You betcha.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 06, 13:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she got a +40 mood boost from being "victorious" over the vibrating washer.  Uh huh.  Yup.  Sure.  You betcha.
Har HAR.

Not sure what's going on, but loading times seems to vary a lot for me. Most things are zingingly fast, and some things are slower than usual.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 06, 18:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving the new ability to hide library items (families and lots). No more EA Funke cluttering up my selections.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 06, 18:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also get a negative moodlet if the washing machine wins.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 06, 18:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew the new opportunity notifier thingy was nice, but I didnt realize HOW nice- I got a "work out for 3 hours" thing, and it tells you how long you've done it for, in real time. Which is pretty convenient.
morgy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 06, 18:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is just making me want to play more and more...but I can't even get it, for some reason the site is not letting the trans. go through at all, even when I use diff. forms of payment...
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 06, 19:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sim can woohoo in the time machine? Can this result in becoming your own grandfather?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 06, 20:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately no. They Woohoo, and then a child pops out of the machine at some random point later on. Past children are teens/young adults and Future children are elders, from my experience with this thing. They also get a sekkrit outfit relating to their time, which is then unlocked for everyone else to use or something.

Like I said earlier, I think this thing has a 100% fertility rate. I sent my sims in an unholy amount of times, expecting the usual signs of "success", and the next thing I knew an entire army of aging, arthritic spawn kept marching on in non-stop.  Grin
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 06, 21:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also get a sekkrit outfit relating to their time, which is then unlocked for everyone else to use or something.

See, I found (and unlocked for use) a caveman hair, but then I started wondering...where the heck you'd even get said hair? Like, do you go back in the past and pop out revealing your sim lived for a time as a caveman, and then he can style his hair that way? Or what?

From what you're saying, if I have a kid in the past, and he comes out as a young adult, he'll have caveman hair?

Which just...makes...no sense at all, but whatever.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 06, 21:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also get a sekkrit outfit relating to their time, which is then unlocked for everyone else to use or something.

See, I found (and unlocked for use) a caveman hair, but then I started wondering...where the heck you'd even get said hair? Like, do you go back in the past and pop out revealing your sim lived for a time as a caveman, and then he can style his hair that way? Or what?

From what you're saying, if I have a kid in the past, and he comes out as a young adult, he'll have caveman hair?

Which just...makes...no sense at all, but whatever.
I had a Teen girl dressed in sorta a french fashion with a hat with a draping scarf, and then an adult woman dressed as a cavewoman, no special hair though. Both times I tried for baby in the past. Time machine seems like the perfect way to get offspring without having to deal with the "meh" stages, larvae to 12.

Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 06, 22:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying you're sending two people into the past (or future) to TFB? How is it that the woman just forgot she was pregnant for about nine months a couple sim days, had a baby, and then abandoned it in the past (or future)?

This might make sense if you sent a lone man to go woohoo with a random woman in the past, but from what I'm reading, that's not what's happening.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 06, 22:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. It's two people.

*shrugs*

EDIT: And yeah, they get a hairstyle or hat relating to their time period as well.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 07, 00:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the time machine yet. Not sure I really want to at this point, heh.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one, but didn't EA move the "ask if single" interaction from the Romantic menu to the Friendly menu? I'm pretty sure I've seen it there.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 07, 01:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea, that and "Get to know" which was great for figuring out another Sims fave color etc...
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 07, 01:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get to Know was always in the Friendly menu - when it appeared, that is. Sometimes, and this wasn't fixed, it's still true, it just doesn't show up. If there's some semi-logical reason for that, I haven't figured it out. Same with Goodbye. Why doesn't that show up all the time? For awhile I thought it might be trait-dependant but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Something else I noticed - this is not something broken or dumb that they fixed, but you can now take an unpaid leave on your job. Which I thought was pretty cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: