More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:11:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Another problem with the launcher (FIXED)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another problem with the launcher (FIXED)  (Read 4370 times)
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
Another problem with the launcher (FIXED)
« on: 2010 June 13, 21:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried installing and uninstalling. I took out all of my CC for now and usually I rather not use the launcher. I don't have EADM installed either since it caused me too much trouble before and I have ever since patched manually.

Anyway, so my game had been okay until I installed the last patch and Ambitions. It gives me this error: "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Now, I can actually run my game through the TS3.exe file, so I am guessing the problem is only with the launcher. I want to install a new world, lots and a couple of Sims that are in Sims3Pack files, but I can't because the launcher won't work, plus it's a pain really, much as I don't use it I always rather enter my game through it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been lurking moar, yet when I search for this error specifically I haven't found any real answers.

EDIT: Despite what it tells me, there is no error log anywhere to be found.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 03:27:59 by dominno » Logged

LL&P
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Another problem with the launcher.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 13, 22:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I know from my painful experience experience from last week, uninstalling and reinstalling your game can cause all kinds of weird issues with the launcher.  I found that if you don't have the EADM, the launcher won't work after reinstalling.  I couldn't play as my game wouldn't load as it wasn't "up to date".  I finally had to patch everything manually.  The only patches that would work for me were the ones on the MTS Wiki.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 14, 01:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried installing and uninstalling. I took out all of my CC for now and usually I rather not use the launcher. I don't have EADM installed either since it caused me too much trouble before and I have ever since patched manually.

The launcher won't work without a functioning EADM installed.  Try installing the EADM and see what happens.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 14, 01:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher won't work without a functioning EADM installed.  Try installing the EADM and see what happens.

Well, that did the trick! Here I thought I could live happily the rest of my days without EADM. Thank you!

LL&P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Another problem with the launcher (FIXED)
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 14, 06:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you mean 'the launcher won't work' without EADM. I do not have EADM and am able to use the launcher to install sims3packs, I don't use it for anything else. Mind you, I clean out my registry before re-installing the game anyway.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 14, 07:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you mean 'the launcher won't work' without EADM. I do not have EADM and am able to use the launcher to install sims3packs, I don't use it for anything else. Mind you, I clean out my registry before re-installing the game anyway.

Do you use a MAC? if so they don't have the EADM.  Every time I have had a problem with the EADM, usually when it tries to patch and the patch fails, the launcher ceases to function until the EADM is fixed.  Everytime I start the launcher, it also starts the EADM, whether it is being used or not.  Like you, I usually only use the launcher for sims3packs, or to run a check if there is a new patch or not, but don't patch that way.

My experience has always been a broken EADM equals a broken launcher.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Dienvae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 14, 16:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be voodoo then, because I do things like witch and do not have a Mac. When I use the launcher to install sim3packs it just gives me a popup that the EADM couldn't connect. Because I don't have it installed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: