More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:56:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  OMG The earthquake scared me so bad...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMG The earthquake scared me so bad...  (Read 13662 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
OMG The earthquake scared me so bad...
« on: 2010 June 04, 17:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm sitting at the firehouse playing video games; just another boring day on the job; when BLAMO!  I thought my game exploded.  The screen started shaking and there was a horrendous noise.  Fires braking out all over town; people trapped under piles of rubble; gas leaks in numerous homes; it was pandemonium I tell you!   
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: OMG The earthquake scared me so bad...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 04, 17:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that's horror horror, but I dont think that's the kind of horror this forum is for Wink

I do sorta wish MATY had a general discussion type forum, for this kind of stuff, though.

I've yet to see an earthquake, but I played with firefighting for a minute or two, and I think the most jarring thing was seeing the plumes of smoke from afar. It was kinda ruined when I noticed it was only a two tile fire, but the music and the smoke and the siren was really awesome.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 04, 17:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that's horror horror, but I dont think that's the kind of horror this forum is for Wink

I do sorta wish MATY had a general discussion type forum, for this kind of stuff, though.

I've yet to see an earthquake, but I played with firefighting for a minute or two, and I think the most jarring thing was seeing the plumes of smoke from afar. It was kinda ruined when I noticed it was only a two tile fire, but the music and the smoke and the siren was really awesome.

The main reason I posted is because I thought some people might want to know that despite all of the glitches everyone is reporting, the expansion pack has a whole lot of awesome to it as well.  The fires get bigger and cooler.  They just start out small.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 04, 17:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to experience Earthquakes, even though my sim has been Fire Chief for some time now.

Just a question. Does anyone know whether destroyed items get replaced? I'd hate for an Earthquake to ruin the town, and everyone leaving me to clean up the entire mess.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 04, 17:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was gonna make an "Ambitions: What's Fixed" thread but figured it might not get a very nice reaction.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 04, 18:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to experience Earthquakes, even though my sim has been Fire Chief for some time now.

Just a question. Does anyone know whether destroyed items get replaced? I'd hate for an Earthquake to ruin the town, and everyone leaving me to clean up the entire mess.

At first I thought the damage done to homes during fires would be a huge hassle to constantly switch households to replace charred furniture.  My firefighter responded to a fire in a house that had a fire before.  The damage from the first fire was still there.  When I switched to that family, I was surprised to discover that there was no damage from the first or second fire.  Apparently the damage is only perceived wile you are actively playing the firefighter.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 04, 18:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was browsing through the Gameplay Data, and apparently, after a certain amount of Sim-days, the game replaces all of the broken stuff. I noticed when I "detonated" my neighbor's couch (very fun btw) it came back after a day or two.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 04, 23:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't waste time and money on couches. Detonate their $100000 cars instead. A few hundred pieces of scrap and a pretty satisfying explosion to go with it. Also the "So-and-so is acting inappropriately and may be asked to leave" or whatever message after detonation provided a chuckle. And if you can asplode something touching an exterior wall, you can also blow up things inside the house. The wall itself will remain unharmed, but this particular act of terrorism is fairly entertaining.

But refrain from detonating your personal fire truck. I went to maintain and missed a click. I also felt pretty dumb.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 05, 00:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Detonating Agnes Crumplebottom's car is pretty great - over 2000 scrap pieces, and the explosion made me happy in my pants.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 05, 00:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the "Innopropriate but in a Good Way" reward, you won't get kicked out for being so, which helps if you want to charbroil the other members of the family with danger-close explosions lol.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
grannysim
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 05, 01:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are so many knowledgeable and talented members here and that is why this is the first site I turn to when I'm looking for answers to problems I'm having with my game. For general game play discussions this is the last site I'd rely on because everyone seems embarrassed or hesitant to admit that they even play the game, much less enjoy it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 05, 01:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Detonating Agnes Crumplebottom's car is pretty great - over 2000 scrap pieces, and the explosion made me happy in my pants.
Detonating your FAT STUPID HEAD is pretty great. I'm going to add that next.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 05, 02:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being able to detonate people would be awesome, fat head or no.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 05, 02:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just please do not come back and regale us with tales of the ensuing "happy in your pants".
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 02:30:29 by snowbawl » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 05, 02:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terrorist trait: 

Sim autonomously detonates public property when his entertainment is too low.
Sim gets a positive "happy in the pants" moodlet when he blows up public property.
Sim gets arrested if anyone sees him.
Sim detonates other sims if he doesn't like them or they get insult him.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 05, 03:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's already planned, assuming we ever get a Mr. Falor, Neighborhood Terrorist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chryseis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 05, 11:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I detonated some piles of scrap. . . Made a nice Kaboom Smiley

Single Pile - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaYEUElWKU
Double Explosion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHruNDTuLQ
Sexy Spolsion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGw6TCye4A

I recorded them for your viewing pleasure. Pity the quality sucks. . .

And maybe one day we can have trait mods . . . I know i'd love the terrorist one xD. . . Epic.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 05, 17:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG IT'S A BLUESOUP!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 05, 17:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's already planned, assuming we ever get a Mr. Falor, Neighborhood Terrorist.

Do you think you could include the trait to allow breaking into homes all the time? I love doing that when my sim is "investigating" stuff.

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 05, 23:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm sitting at the firehouse playing video games; just another boring day on the job; when BLAMO!  I thought my game exploded.  The screen started shaking and there was a horrendous noise.  Fires braking out all over town; people trapped under piles of rubble; gas leaks in numerous homes; it was pandemonium I tell you!  

So what happened to your hood? Are the items permanently damaged or do they reset? I will be very upset if a hood I have spent a zillion hours playing and building is halfway destroyed.

Does it restore itself like it does for the individual fires, per posted above?
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 06, 00:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm sitting at the firehouse playing video games; just another boring day on the job; when BLAMO!  I thought my game exploded.  The screen started shaking and there was a horrendous noise.  Fires braking out all over town; people trapped under piles of rubble; gas leaks in numerous homes; it was pandemonium I tell you!   

So what happened to your hood? Are the items permanently damaged or do they reset? I will be very upset if a hood I have spent a zillion hours playing and building is halfway destroyed.

Does it restore itself like it does for the individual fires, per posted above?

I'm pretty sure that's what I said it does right?

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 06, 00:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that when you're a firefighter, the town is stagnant, but it appears to change for you and you alone.

Fire damage is there while you are you, but if you were to switch to the damaged house, it is fine. Similarly, when stuff is destroyed by you, it respawns later- it seems like the game might place some kind of marker for the object? Because it certainly can remember to restore custom-placed objects, it isn't as if the lot must be pre-built and it reloads it from memory.

Which makes me wonder why the fuck they couldn't get the tombs to reset themselves, when clearly objects can reset after a few days. :|
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 06, 01:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which makes me wonder why the fuck they couldn't get the tombs to reset themselves, when clearly objects can reset after a few days. :|

That's the first thing I thought when I read your post!

Given my current expectations, I suppose they didn't think to update it in the patch…

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 06, 01:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FireDrake: You stated that a couch was restored after a few days. That is different from a disaster to a town. If your answer were the case, then the town would take a few days to be restored .... but per a subsequent post, that is not the case. Thankfully.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 06, 01:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FireDrake: You stated that a couch was restored after a few days. That is different from a disaster to a town. If your answer were the case, then the town would take a few days to be restored .... but per a subsequent post, that is not the case. Thankfully.

I didn't say just a couch, I said that it fixed it all. It says it right there. I just noted that in-game the couch was fixed. Maybe the XML's are lying to me? Idk.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: