More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:05:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Ambitions "Fog emitter" can show other effects. Updated to Late Night
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions "Fog emitter" can show other effects. Updated to Late Night  (Read 49748 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Ambitions "Fog emitter" can show other effects. Updated to Late Night
« on: 2010 June 03, 21:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new fog emitter which can be found in the buydebug catalogue (blue-green sphere in misc category) can display almost any in-game effect. With testingcheatsenabled true, ctrl-shift click the sphere and choose "set visual effect" and just enter the name of the effect.

I made a text file with hopefully all effect names. They don't all work and some only show up at night.

Short (15sec) example video:

The effects used in this are:
bakingdishsteam
s30_elecbreakcomputer
engagementringglowfxinter
ambrosiaplate
firepitburning
waterfall_1_short
waterfall_1_shortsplash

They are placed with the geoblending method.

EDIT: Text file with effects updated to Late Night.

* Sims3effects.txt (96.02 KB - downloaded 1070 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 December 16, 22:45:25 by Goggalor » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions "Fog emitter" can show other effects
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 03, 21:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

waterfall_1_short

So basically, we now have placable waterfalls?
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 03, 21:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, haven't tried the large ones yet, but I can't see why they shouldn't work as well.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 04, 21:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new fog emitter which can be found in the buydebug catalogue (blue-green sphere in misc category) can display almost any in-game effect. With testingcheatsenabled true, ctrl-shift click the sphere and choose "set visual effect" and just enter the name of the effect.

I made a text file with hopefully all effect names. They don't all work and some only show up at night.

I knew you could use them for more than just fog, but hadn't taken the time to explore.  Thank you for saving me some time.  You say that not all of the effects from you list work; do you have a list of the ones you know work, or ones you've tried and know they don't work?
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 04, 21:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew you could use them for more than just fog, but hadn't taken the time to explore.  Thank you for saving me some time.  You say that not all of the effects from you list work; do you have a list of the ones you know work, or ones you've tried and know they don't work?

I haven't made any notes of the ones I've tried, sorry. Most seem to work. A lot of them aren't looping though, so they will only play once. Also, some of them (like the various swimming fish effects) are placed under the sphere and thus will only be fully visible if the sphere is raised a bit from the ground.

Btw, the sphere effects can also be triggered via the various tomb building objects. This could be very useful for movie making I suppose. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 04, 22:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or walking into a room and causing a torrent of water to come flowing down

Or maybe you could pull a trigger that unlocks a discoverable door, and also turns on a waterfall. "The room must be drained of water now! Maybe the door will move?"

Lots of fun options for that.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 05, 02:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or walking into a room and causing a torrent of water to come flowing down

Or maybe you could pull a trigger that unlocks a discoverable door, and also turns on a waterfall. "The room must be drained of water now! Maybe the door will move?"

Lots of fun options for that.

Does the water actually stay in the room? Or are we just imagining here? Because that would be an awesome tomb effect, we would just need some giant rolling boulders and we could recreate a Legend of Zelda dungeon. That would kick ass.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 05, 02:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I mean a push-able door is un-pushable. Then you find a switch, which causes a waterfall and unlocks the door, and TNS text that explains that the room must be drained of water now. Its a better excuse for a door to be closed.
simbolic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 05, 04:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: I just tried it. I did an experiment and  typed in fireflies and the result was fireflies flying around. Very nice affect for decorating areas. Grin
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 05, 17:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that fish spawners can function in pools and we know about these multiple effect fog emitters, we can also create some excellent additions to indoor/outdoor gardens. I have a botanical garden under the huge glass dome that is going to benefit immensely from this knowledge. Babies can also be placed in the bottom of pools, as I learned quite by accident during a recent renovation, they breathe underwater!

I'm looking forward to placing fireflies in my park lots and picnic areas, thanks for the info.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 09, 16:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, the possibilities with this are truly endless. Water effects in paticular are pretty awesome.

I'm REALLY glad that, with both TS2 and TS3, they gave up on Rain and decided to work on it some more, because this "torrential rain" looks horrible.

The snow is really pretty, though.

This stuff can add so much to custom lots, it's amazing!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 09, 22:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah, didn't see the snow yet :/

I've been busy going through these various new effects, and the depth here is staggering if you have imagination.
In this pic, a sim pulls the switch and a laser then zaps a bug inside the test case. The wonky alignment is fixable.
You can make your own interactive objects in a sense. I also made a flea circus in a display case.

I'm busy compiling a list of the best 'permanent' and 'non-looped' effects. It may take a while but I will upload a txt with some easily listed commands.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 13, 15:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that fish spawners can function in pools and we know about these multiple effect fog emitters, we can also create some excellent additions to indoor/outdoor gardens.
Pretty sure fish spawners functioning in pools is an AwesomeMod feature, the base game does not support that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 13, 20:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alot of these triggered effects could benefit from some sort of simple wall button which triggers them, with sims perhaps using the doorbell animation while pushing it. Ancient torches and wall holes are a bit meh outside of dungeons.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 13, 23:11:23 by tizerist » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 13, 21:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a collection of effects for making custom fountains:

ep2firehosewater (sideways spray)
waterspout (tall spray upwards)
waterspoutdown (spray downwards, beneath emitter)
tubwaterbreak (tiny spray straight up)
sinkwaterbreak (tiny spray that kinda tilts)
showerwaterbreak (downwards drip effect)

There's also "pool bubbles" which look like giant aquarium bubbles, great for pool aquariums.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 13, 23:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complete permanent effects, plus some temporary ones: (version 2)

* EFFECTS LIST.txt (31.48 KB - downloaded 996 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 November 18, 18:34:41 by tizerist » Logged
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 15, 16:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure fish spawners functioning in pools is an AwesomeMod feature, the base game does not support that.

Sims with the "insane" trait can fish in pools in base game.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 15, 16:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, but that doesn't have a single thing to do with what he said.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 22, 12:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it does.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 July 08, 19:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

List above finalised.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 July 13, 06:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complete permanent effects, plus some temporary ones:

I was playing around with the different effects that you listed and discovered that the ‘Bats from hole' is not a onetime event.  I noticed it seems to reoccur every time my sim comes home and every time I change camera view from upstairs to down stairs and vice versa.  I thought you might want to adjust your list accordingly.  You might want a category for event triggered animation, or something like that.   
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 July 13, 13:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing around with the different effects that you listed and discovered that the ‘Bats from hole' is not a onetime event.  I noticed it seems to reoccur every time my sim comes home and every time I change camera view from upstairs to down stairs and vice versa.

Yeah, that's because it happens one time whenever your camera is in the proximity, rather than happening continually when you look at it. All the one-time effects do that.
If it truly did only happen once, and never again, it would be a useless effect.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 13, 14:27:41 by tizerist » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 July 13, 16:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing around with the different effects that you listed and discovered that the ‘Bats from hole' is not a onetime event.  I noticed it seems to reoccur every time my sim comes home and every time I change camera view from upstairs to down stairs and vice versa.

Yeah, that's because it happens one time whenever your camera is in the proximity, rather than happening continually when you look at it. All the one-time effects do that.
If it truly did only happen once, and never again, it would be a useless effect.
Happening one time would not make it a useless effect.  All effects are triggerable and can be used much like the traps in tombs.  You wouldn't want the bats to continue to come from a sarcophagus rather than only coming when it is opened.

If you knew that the effects were repeated due to a certain event you should have mentioned that in the list you had made; rather than give misleading information such as the label "Plays Once" implies.  Apparently they are not in fact onetime events.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 July 13, 19:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you knew that the effects were repeated due to a certain event you should have mentioned that in the list you had made;
rather than give misleading information such as the label "Plays Once" implies.  Apparently they are not in fact onetime events.

Look, it does play once. Per camera visit. Hence the "Plays once" title.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 July 13, 19:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You clearly don't understand what the word "once" means.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: