More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:40:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Product Registration Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Product Registration Mod  (Read 69604 times)
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Product Registration Mod
« on: 2010 June 02, 17:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is The Ultimate Career Bundle.
http://www.mediafire.com/?izyejmtjjdq

While looking through the XML from Ambitions I noticed Opportunities_EP2, Inventing, and SculptingData had the field <ProductRegistrationRequired>EP2</ProductRegistrationRequired> set on a couple of the items (2 investigator case chains, 2 inventions, and 2 sculptures).  The sculptures and inventions are the ones from The Ultimate Career Bundle Registration Reward, which also mentions exclusive investigator cases.  Looking in EP2RegIncentive.Sims3Pack provided by sunhair I couldn't find anything about the investigator cases.  I don't think simply installing the set would mark the product as registered, so I made a mod for those items to not require product registration.  When using this mod you need The Ultimate Career Bundle installed, since it contains the actual data for the sculptures and inventions.
http://www.4shared.com/file/jnwGL1Dt/ProdReg.html

ETA:  I updated the file to remove the tag <SKU_Registered>EP2</SKU_Registered> in JobsAndTasks found by Crysill.  That should unlock some interior design jobs.  The mod now modifies Opportunities_EP2, Inventing, ScultingData, and JabsAndTasks.

ETA2:  I removed the tags <SKU>Store</SKU> and <EPVersion>Store</EPVersion> found by Crysill.  Now the sculptures and inventions should work no matter how you installed The Ultimate Career Bundle.

ETA3:  Crysill found out changing the tags from Store to EP2 did not work for the sculptures and inventions.  He also figured out BaseGame worked fine, so I've updated the mod to reflect his findings.  Newest version of the mod was uploaded June 5th 7:00 PM UTC.

ETA4:  Updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 12:54:09 by Rothchild » Logged
SimsManiac
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Product Registration Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 03, 00:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rothchild for your mod Smiley

Anyway I have a request for you.
PLEASE could you update your No-Mosaic mod for Ambitions ?
Thanks
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 03, 00:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering why some things were missing from my game after I installed the registration pack. Installed this and it worked.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 03, 04:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HELS no-mosaic mod from MTS still works in Ambitions.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 03, 04:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read ghost-hunting ghosts disappear. I would assume various firefighting effects bork too, but I never bothered to test.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 03, 04:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right.  I was playing a ghost hunter sim and I couldn't see the ghosts, but he free-will targeted them on his own.  I didn't even think about the no-mosaic mod; the same thing happened with the fish tanks in HELS before it was modified.  *slaps self*

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 03, 05:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has a mod called Decensor that is reportedly working with EP2.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 03, 05:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jackasses, this is not about a fucking no mosaic mod!  I explained how simple that mod was back when I did it for WA at MTS.

This thread is about the <ProductRegistrationRequired> tag in the XML.  I'm only interested in removing that tag (this mod), or information on how the game knows what's registered.

I was wondering why some things were missing from my game after I installed the registration pack. Installed this and it worked.
So, you can confirm those items weren't available without the mod?

ETA: grillcheesesammich is correct.  Twallan has a script mod that will remove the censor.  You'll get the censor for about a quarter of a second and then it's gone.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 03, 14:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another interesting set of entries is in JobsAndTasks (0xBAAB3D95EEA15F2E). There are three Interior Designer jobs (aptly named RegistrationIncentive(0, 1, and 2)) that include the property:
<SKU_Registered>EP2</SKU_Registered>

Besides those in use, it appears that there are a few other files with default "Undefined" registration-related properties that currently have no entries overriding them. Somehow I doubt that they don't intend to expand on this 'feature' in the future.

EDIT: Seems like it would be simple to bypass this in any core mod; everything that parses these values checks Sims3.SimIFace.GameUtils.IsProductRegistered(ProductVersion). Just need it to always return true.

EDIT2: I'm not in a position to be able to test it right away, but just threw together a mod which hopefully does what I just said. Most core mods do not modify SimIFace (the version of Awesomemod that I currently have does not), so it should be compatible with them. It is probably not necessary at all, since XML editing appears to unrestrict the content just fine. Still, it would be good news to me if this works without the XML tweaks; one can never be sure what else EA might decide to lock out from most of their user base.

June 9th EDIT: We've discovered everything we need to know about registration, and Rothchild's XML mod addresses all of it. The core solution no longer provides practical or experimental value. Attachment Removed.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 10, 02:39:20 by Crysill » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 03, 14:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jackasses, this is not about a fucking no mosaic mod!  I explained how simple that mod was back when I did it for WA at MTS.
There, there, no need to get upset and kermitflail.  Pop a valium or 20 and settle down.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 03, 14:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My installer won't install the Ultimate Career Bundle.  So I'll have to play around with that until I get it to work.

In the meantime I have a question about what it includes.  Which inventions does it add and what do they do?

If the inventions are worthless I probably won't bother, otherwise I have some work to do to somehow get this to work.

Thanks
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 03, 16:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I was running with this yesterday and no problems but I just tried yanking it out and the hairs and hospital gown are still showing as available. I assume the inventions would too but I have not gotten that far yet.

I hadn't actually checked to see if the ultimate career bundle items were showing prior to installing this, but when I yanked it out I cleared my cache files so it shouldn't be any sort of residual effect from having had this in.

For what it's worth, I did decrapify the ultimate career bundle prior to installing it but I don't think that should have any bearing on whether these items show or not.

Wouldn't be the first time EA bungled something up.

Oh and for those having issues getting the sims3pack file to load someone uploaded a package version of the ultimate career bundle.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 03, 16:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, does the ultimate career bundle only work if you have EP2 installed? Or will it work with just the base game?

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 03, 16:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, there, no need to get upset and kermitflail.  Pop a valium or 20 and settle down.

I dunno, I think this person fits right in.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 03, 17:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another interesting set of entries is in JobsAndTasks (0xBAAB3D95EEA15F2E). There are three Interior Designer jobs (aptly named RegistrationIncentive(0, 1, and 2)) that include the property:
<SKU_Registered>EP2</SKU_Registered>
Awesome find!  I updated the mod to remove those.

Hmm, I was running with this yesterday and no problems but I just tried yanking it out and the hairs and hospital gown are still showing as available. I assume the inventions would too but I have not gotten that far yet.
The hair and gown show up fine without the mod, but based on the XML you wouldn't be able to get the inventions and sculptures via inventing and sculpting unless the expansion is registered, same with the couple investigator cases and interior design jobs.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 03, 18:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been able to get around to testing:

I've tested by sculpting and inventing non stop with static moods. Neither with this nor the core mod was I able to sculpt an Octopus or Gryphon, and I wasn't able to invent a Robot Widget (different from Toy Robot, Claw something-or-other) or Fish Tank Widget (Presumably Air Bender). Due to the random nature of sculpting and inventing, I can't deny that I've just been very unlucky.

All the ones which had ProductRegistrationRequired=EP2 also had another suspicious entry, however:
<SKU>Store</SKU>
for the sculptures and
<EPVersion>Store</EPVersion>
for the inventions. Unsure if having the decrapified Sims3Pack would count for the version, I removed those values and tested again, eventually sculpting a Gryphon.

Only been testing for about an hour so the random factor is very high, but removing those properties didn't seem to hurt anything, and I can confirm that those objects can be invented/sculpted with only the XML edits. I cannot, however, confirm that EA ever correctly restricted this content in the first place, once again due to the random nature of it all.

EDIT: After some modifying to ensure that only Octopuses and Gryphons could be sculpted, attempting to sculpt without the above change resulted in "FailureObject"; big red cubes. Removing the "Store" version requirement caused Octopuses and Gryphons to be sculpted, as expected. This may be a quirk with my particular installation. I have yet to witness the invention the Robot (Claw) or Fish Tank (Air) widgets in any combination of tweaks.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 03, 22:23:04 by Crysill » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 03, 19:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For my testing, I managed to craft a robot widget with the mod. When I had it removed, it did not exist anymore. Due to the random chance, I cannot confirm or deny the chance it'll exist.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 03, 19:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps people wouldn't be confused about what this mod does if the first post actually had fucking information in it.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 03, 20:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT is Claeric waving his dick around? It must be a day ending in "y."

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 03, 20:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the first post never once actually says what it does or why you need it, which is a pretty logical source of confusion.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 03, 20:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To sum it up;

A package came out that adds a few extra inventions and sculptures (along with hairdos) to your Ambitions game. It's one of those packs that's free once you register your EP.

Obviously for us, getting the package without registering the game is easy-fuckin'-peasy.

HOWEVER, there is code stopping the inventions and sculptures from actually being made by your sims, unless Ambitions is registered in your online account. This mod simply overrides that and allows the added stuff to work.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 04, 13:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I know that the mod is working for me? Like, what should I look for?
iamafatcat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 04, 13:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The content it unlocks showing up, maybe?
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 04, 13:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The content it unlocks showing up, maybe?
I know that... but what content?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 04, 13:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest one to spot is the hairstyle.  It's available for both genders, and shows up in CAS.  It's the short hair with random wisps and curls flipping up all over it.  Just look at its thumbnail on the Sims 3 Store site.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: