More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:20:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Refurbishable Car Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Refurbishable Car Error  (Read 3821 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Refurbishable Car Error
« on: 2010 June 02, 08:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I finally got around to arring and installing FT, and launched the game to play with it.  What do you know - only took one try to make it throw an error!

This was an EA-placed lot in Desiderata Valley (the John Mole house), refurbishable car was bought from buy mode, but the driveway was pre-placed.  The error happened during the painting phase, twice, at exactly the same part of the animation (the guy had painted one side of the car, gone around to the other, finished his painting, and stood up, like he was going to do the looking-at-it-critically thing, or maybe go back around, and then the error occurred).  He was painting it black, if that matters at all.

And yes, before I even started the game, I went through the DC and add all FT-related hacks I noticed that I passed over in the past due to not having FT installed.  I have every other EP except BV.

* ObjectError_F001_t155488.txt (75.86 KB - downloaded 274 times.)

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
Re: Refurbishable Car Error
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 02, 19:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anything blocking the area surrounding the car?  This garage had plenty of room to work on the car, but would throw an error on the final step (leaving my sim with an interesting stuck effect that made me wonder when he'd taken up smoking).  I moved the car to a wide open space and it could be completed.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Refurbishable Car Error
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 02, 20:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is nothing blocking the car, but he doesn't seem to want to walk past it on the right for whatever reason.  Blech.  I'll deconstruct some walls and see if he can finish it then.

ETA:  Nope - not even with nothing near the right-hand side of the car for four or five tiles, it still throws the error.

ETA:  After consulting SimPE, I inventoried the car and rebought the driveway.  Tada, works now!  Is everything that comes pre-built with the game broken?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 02, 21:34:33 by rufio » Logged

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: