More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:02:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CC won't show up in Ambitons help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CC won't show up in Ambitons help!  (Read 7919 times)
nekotlc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
CC won't show up in Ambitons help!
« on: 2010 June 02, 03:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get some hairs and clothes I downloaded to show up in Ambitons.  I've no idea where to put the files. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: CC won't show up in Ambitons help!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 02, 03:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is good information on how to set up the Mods folder and the Resource.cfg at http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3184333#post3184333. Take the framework (.dll) out of Programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin folder and follow the instructions in the link. Worked for me.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
nekotlc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 02, 04:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little confused... how do I create a Resource.cfg file? That link isn't much help. I'm not that computer savvy,  Please tell me what to do.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 02, 04:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I am being nice tonight, cause I would normally tell you to search for the information. Has been covered here numerous times and that is how I learned to make the Resource.cfg file. I don't like holding hands so try to grasp this.

Bring up notepad from your accessories folder. Copy the information from Jonha's post about what goes in the resource.cfg and paste it to notepad.  Save as Resource.cfg and the file will show as Resource.cfg.txt. Right-click the file and click rename, drop the .txt and you will have the correct file. Move to the new Mods folder in Documents~The Sims 3.

Okay, I have done my good deed for the day. In the future, read the FAQ and when you need answers, believe me, they have been discussed here numerous times. Just search for it. That's what I do.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
nekotlc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 02, 09:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you for the advice, I was able to get my CC to show up. Thank you for helping.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 02, 14:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, perhaps I was lucky, or I fluked this. When I installed Ambitions tonight, I did not move my Mod's folder at all, infact all I did was delete my AwesomeMod file. I loaded my game and EVERY piece of CC was still in my game, no flaws, no errors, my neighbours did not suddenly appear to have huge piles of blue squares.

Work's wonderfully, all of them show up correctly and clearly. Maybe EA had some sort of hidden agenda with us having them in that specific folder? I don't know makes no sense to me to change something that works already, or am I missing something here?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 02, 20:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, perhaps I was lucky, or I fluked this. When I installed Ambitions tonight, I did not move my Mod's folder at all, infact all I did was delete my AwesomeMod file. I loaded my game and EVERY piece of CC was still in my game, no flaws, no errors, my neighbours did not suddenly appear to have huge piles of blue squares.

Work's wonderfully, all of them show up correctly and clearly. Maybe EA had some sort of hidden agenda with us having them in that specific folder? I don't know makes no sense to me to change something that works already, or am I missing something here?
THAT is great to read! I wonder if that would bypass those damn nag-screens that Pescado and some testers are reporting when starting up Ambitions since the patching?  Did you get any unusual nags about mods? Have you tried the AM tester version that's floating around?
I don't mind keeping my framework and current  file configuration if it means that things still run smoothly. Can anyone state some benefits associated with the new folder setup that EA is proposing?
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 02, 20:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone state some benefits associated with the new folder setup that EA is proposing?

Everything in the MyDocs folder shows up with a custom content icon and is sortable with the "Show only custom content" filter in CAS and Buy/Build mode. CAS items are now also deletable in-game, though objects aren't. I haven't had any trouble with moving my mods so I'll probably keep most of them in the new folder.
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 02, 21:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to run mods from both file locations at once, like in two batches for example?
I would love to see the icon and be able to delete clothing and bad hair (!) in CAS  (finnaallyyyy--bye bye skin colored mermaid tail from hell)
but I don't really care to have the screen warnings at startup for AM and xml mods.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 02, 21:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is they wanted people to put them there in an effort to cut out AM no-cd option or use, this is tin foil hat thinking, or wanted to hear less bleating about how confused everyone was about mod install.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 02, 21:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep thinking it's a wooden horse for sure. Time will tell eh?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 03, 00:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THAT is great to read! I wonder if that would bypass those damn nag-screens that Pescado and some testers are reporting when starting up Ambitions since the patching?  Did you get any unusual nags about mods? Have you tried the AM tester version that's floating around?
I don't mind keeping my framework and current  file configuration if it means that things still run smoothly. Can anyone state some benefits associated with the new folder setup that EA is proposing?

Absolutely no nag screens at all on my end. Have not tested the new AM yet, I will have a look into it as soon as I get time, currently doing my essay at the moment so really cannot afford to play the sims, just decided to browse this for a second >>

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: