More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:55:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260429 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #425 on: 2010 July 03, 06:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, does it appear OVER anything in front of it? As in, is it always right in front of you when on screen, going through objects, sims, walls, plants, land itself?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2010 July 03, 06:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten that three times now, I think, all in various sculpted forms (like stone, ice and wood).  I just let her continue and then sell it.  The only thing it seems to go through is the block of material itself - it's not a graphical error.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2010 July 03, 08:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it a function of having awesome and not having the Ultimate Career Bundle?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2010 July 03, 08:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts! It has been mentioned here and in various other places that they don't stay in the graveyard or any other lot where their gravestones or urns are. But that's not all. While I spent many nights trying to befriend a ghost I observed several things:
1. Not only do they come out heading for the nearest possible exit in order to jump into a car and leave for good but when you try to stop them from doing that by running over and greeting them, the greet interaction stays in my sim's queue until it is very close to that ghost and then just vanishes. Sometimes the thumbnail in the action queue will have that red cross signalling the cancellation but most of the times it's just gone. In the past this meant that the intended action was to be replaced by the "A Ghost!" action but now there is no such thing. The sim may go through the animation (disgusted or cheering) but this does not show in the action queue as such.
2. So now, sim and ghost stand there staring at each other and my sim tries to greet again. At that moment when I click on the ghost the ghost will most of the times be reset and gone. Once I also had it happen that not only the ghost was reset but also my sim was immediately teleported home. The sim itself was not reset, however, as its motives and wishes panel remained intact, it just got teleported back home.
3. So, I became fed up and went shopping for urns in the mausoleum and placed one on my home lot. This ghost does not leave the lot but causes actions to drop whenever it appears, and again these actions are not dropped and replaced by the "A Ghost!" action, they will just cancel and my sim will either stand around or do the jig of being disgusted.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2010 July 03, 19:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, does it appear OVER anything in front of it? As in, is it always right in front of you when on screen, going through objects, sims, walls, plants, land itself?
Yup. It could only be removed by Nuking.

Isn't it a function of having awesome and not having the Ultimate Career Bundle?
No idea what the Ultimate Career Bundle is, so it's not something I have.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2010 July 03, 22:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ultimate Career Bundle was/is a 'free' addon for Ambitions (basically your pat on the head for registering). Awesome fools the game into thinking that it is registered and it believes it can make the extra statues and inventions that came with the bundle so it tries and fails and we get ugly red box.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2010 July 04, 06:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Madame Mim said.

This is the Ultimate Career Bundle.

See also here or here for the Sims3pack.

It's basically EA's reward for buying and registering Ambitions. Among the items included in the pack are two additional sculptable items and two additional inventable items.

Ambitions itself contained references to it that checked for registration. Pescado yanked those checks out of Awesomemod several versions back. It's possible in doing so it inadvertently opened up the possibility of creating those items even if you don't have the required resources.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2010 July 04, 07:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance the inventables & sculptables are available separately for those who don't want the crap bloated hair and other files in their game? Otherwise, I'm just going to live with the occasional red boxes and sell them when they come up.

Never mind, I'll separate them myself.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 04, 07:49:39 by BlueSoup » Logged
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2010 July 05, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My level 10 education sim appears to have a great lecture aura. Whenever she's in the room all other sims get an "intrigued by great lecture" moodlet with no icon. This wouldn't be so bad but it prevents her from doing any non friendly interactions. eg she'll be joking with somebody but it won't let her advance past being amusing because the great lecture keeps flicking back to "x thinks x is okay"

I don't know if this is an ambitions bork or something related to awesomemod. I'm not using any other mods except for the photography fix.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2010 July 05, 16:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not familiar with this career, so does she have any moodlet indicating that she's lecturing? If you have AM, try Ctrl-Click to get rid of the moodlet and see if that works. If not, maybe resetsim will fix it.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2010 July 06, 02:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not familiar with this career, so does she have any moodlet indicating that she's lecturing? If you have AM, try Ctrl-Click to get rid of the moodlet and see if that works. If not, maybe resetsim will fix it.

Education is a new career that came with Ambitions. Oddly, unlike all the other careers that came with Ambitions, this one is not playable. Instead it's an old style career that runs via a rabbithole.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2010 July 06, 05:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She doesn't have a moodlet. Resetsim and fixall do not fix it and neither does quitting the job. She does have a friendly interaction "give great lecture" which disappears when she quits work. I presume the moodlet the other sims have is supposed to be associated with this and something is making it fire all the time.
Dienvae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2010 July 06, 17:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just noticed a new borkeness. A sim I was playing had a wish to buy something for $100 and another wish to purchase a new painting worth at least $250. Went into buy mode to buy a painting, chose one and fiddled around with placing it on a wall and then changed my mind and left buy mode. Both wishes were fulfilled even though I never purchased the painting. Roll Eyes
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2010 July 07, 11:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Route fail! It's everywhere. Sending my sim off to a community lot, route fail. I have to actually walk them through one step at a time, clicking down the street until they get close enough to their destination.

Next biggest problem was a recent house of mine, I had two sets of stairs, from basement to ground, then from ground to foundation. My sims would go up the basement stairs, but wouldnt go anywhere else, I'd tell them to "use foundation stairs" and they would go *down* the foundation stairs and wind up somewhere in the basement! when I moved the foundation stairs, they got stuck next time they came up to ground level and couldn't move anywhere. I was also unable to replace those again later after using move objects to place the sims elsewhere.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2010 July 07, 14:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next biggest problem was a recent house of mine, I had two sets of stairs, from basement to ground, then from ground to foundation. My sims would go up the basement stairs, but wouldnt go anywhere else, I'd tell them to "use foundation stairs" and they would go *down* the foundation stairs and wind up somewhere in the basement! when I moved the foundation stairs, they got stuck next time they came up to ground level and couldn't move anywhere. I was also unable to replace those again later after using move objects to place the sims elsewhere.
It's probably Gretchen's remains blocking the stairs in the basement.  Have you tried quick lime?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2010 July 07, 14:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably Gretchen's remains blocking the stairs in the basement.  Have you tried quick lime?

Lips sealed Why no, I haven't!

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: 2010 July 08, 03:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both your route failure problems are extremely common symptoms of "doing shit you shouldn't disease", likely caused by using moveobjects to take sims and move them around to different levels of the house, making them totally unaware of what is on what level and what isn't, including themselves.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2010 July 08, 09:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both your route failure problems are extremely common symptoms of "doing shit you shouldn't disease", likely caused by using moveobjects to take sims and move them around to different levels of the house, making them totally unaware of what is on what level and what isn't, including themselves.

I'll accept that for the last problem with the basement stairs... but not the first one. Since when is sending them to a community lot something I shouldn't do? MoveObjects played no part in that,

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: 2010 July 08, 17:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New patch out later today.

Major fixes (based on issues that have been noted a lot here)

Sketches your Sims create using the Drafting Table are now valued properly based on your Sim's Painting Skill Level and related Profession Level

Fixed issue that prevented players from Changing Active Household while in Edit Town mode

Optimized memory usage when deleting lots via Edit Town mode

Optimized memory usage for complex Sim homes created with Buy Mode

The "Intrigued by Great Lecture" moodlet now has an icon

Create-a-World will now work properly once The Sims 3 Ambitions is installed

Sims will no longer cheer at City Hall forever when switching active households after a celebration

Fixed an issue that caused Sims to have broken or inappropriate hair styles after aging up

Inventions sold at the consignment store will now count towards a Self-Employed Inventor Sim's promotion
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2010 July 08, 17:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The update has arrived. What a list of borked crap that they are fixing...notice that the list does not specifically include a fix for the inability to dig at foreign digsites - but says it fixes some invention that in some way may be related, so wonder if that's it?  Don't know. Won't be installing the patch until Pescado has an update for AM for it.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2010 July 08, 18:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The update has arrived. What a list of borked crap that they are fixing...notice that the list does not specifically include a fix for the inability to dig at foreign digsites - but says it fixes some invention that in some way may be related, so wonder if that's it?  Don't know. Won't be installing the patch until Pescado has an update for AM for it.

It's about time!  I've been having CAW withdrawals something fierce.  Normally I'd wait until AM updates as well, but I think I'll just remove AM for a bit and get right to adding Ambitions lots to my world.
First the champagne!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: 2010 July 08, 18:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning Goddess. Persons have said that CAW still fails to function properly.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2010 July 08, 18:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning Goddess. Persons have said that CAW still fails to function properly.

Yes, I'm glad I thought to read the forum before doing anything… Well the Champagne is already open; might as well get drunk! 

The patch = "It's a trap!"
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2010 July 08, 18:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take it the lights are still borked then? What little EA bothered to do with getting some lights (a couple of lamp posts in this case) to cast light beyond lot boundaries (though not up multiple floors) didn't appear to work for long in my game.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2010 July 08, 20:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe EA can bring a patch out that I can actually update my game with.     Instead of getting error invalid file found every time I try and update with this new patch. Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: