More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260442 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #275 on: 2010 June 11, 14:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an Ambitions bork?
 Huh
My sim happily seeded sprogs throughout the town and now if I check the family tree, I can look into the extended families because of this.

Three of the women he's managed to fertilise, have had other children before or after with another man.  All of a sudden children in these families have started karking it!

A notice popped up, that one child had died trying to fix something and they shouldn't have been messing with something like that.  Two others have died and they were only toddlers.

Also Morgana Wolf (I think that's her name) she's had one child, now a teen.   Could see she was preggers again, but no baby has appeared. I'm sure if I went into play her family I would find another toddler or child has died.

I've never had this happen before while playing Sims 3, thought it rather strange.  Anyone else happened upon this?

I haven't had this happen, but you could check to make sure you have a bed for the toddlers to use as soon as they become children.  The game might be killing them off because the house does not have enough beds to accommodate the size of the family. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: 2010 June 11, 14:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this one is a bork or my confusion, but I could swear the upgraded Banshee Banisher is suppoesd to be able to remove multiple ghosts/spirits at one, but I can't figure any scenario where it will work- ghosts right next to each other, ghosts in front of each other, nothing.

Also, the spirit finder thingy you get at level 10 will spawn spirits INSIDE homes, which is just a huge burden and seems redundant (isn't stopping spirits in homes the point of the jobs, and catching them on the map the point of the device?).

Cars also seem to function magically now which I don't like:

1 car.

Sim A: Drives car to theater. While in theater...
Sim B: Drives to consignment store, magically summoning the car from Sim A's parking spot at the theater. While at the store, Sim A leaves the theater.
Sim A: Drives home. Magically summons the car from consignment store parking lot.
Sim B: Drives home. Magically summons the car from home.

>:\
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2010 June 11, 14:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem as Shortyboo.
The first game I played, all the family links were okay. Then that save got corrupted so I started over with the same family (the Jones-Smith-Brown whatever) and they weren't related any more. They had lot all friends outside of the household.
I investigated, and some families in this save are borked this way, while others work just fine (the Rackets are correctly related).
What puzzles me really is that it worked in the first round and not the second.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue, then. Is there any way to fix their relationships and make them related again?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2010 June 11, 16:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this one is a bork or my confusion, but I could swear the upgraded Banshee Banisher is suppoesd to be able to remove multiple ghosts/spirits at one, but I can't figure any scenario where it will work- ghosts right next to each other, ghosts in front of each other, nothing.

You have that confused with the harvester.  The harvester is a collecting device that you invent at level 4 of the inventor skill.  It will pick up multiple collectables at a time.   
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2010 June 11, 16:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am not confused. THe game tells you that it can pick up multiple spirits in one swoop (one "fell" swoop, I think was the exact wording). I have never encountered the harvester apart from unlocking it for purchase.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2010 June 11, 17:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the upgrade is definitely meant to suck up multiple ghosts at once, but I too have yet to be able to do this.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2010 June 11, 18:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got Ambitions to load, so I picked a household at random to play in the new town. It was the Bayless family. Anyway, the first thing I did was check out their traits, relationships, etc. and I noticed some odd things. None of them know anyone, not even each other. And none of them have anyone attached to their family trees. I figure this was supposed to be a family with a mom, dad, teen daughter and child son. Is this broken for anyone else? I switched to another family, and their family tree was ok, so I'm not sure what happened.

A similar issue just happened in my game too. I've been playing Ambitions and Twinbrooks for some days  (w/o mods) and all the relationships from the premade families were normal (family ties, friendships, enemies....). There were bugs and strange things but not that!
Here I just put the last version of Awesomemod in proper place for test sake, and the sims of the households I loaded knew absolutely nobody. For instance, the Curious family is not a family anymore, they are just acquaintances to each other and their relationship panel is completely empty. Weird.

I removed AM, cleared caches, loaded game and everything seemed to be fine again in Twinbrook. So I made a save of the Curious, exited, put back AM and tried again. My finds :
1. In that save (made w/o AM) the relationships stay normal for the Curious and various other households I checked.
2. If I create a new game, again the relationships are borked (inexistant).
3. I checked in Sun Valley and Riverview and everything seems to be normal there.

Although I'm not 100% sure it's AM related, I'll post in the test thread if it can be of any use. For me, the bug seems to appear only with the mod. But since this happens only in Twinbrook too, that might very well be EAxian weirdness.

For the ones who encounter this bug, do you have Awesomemod installed (and/or other mods )?
Can you eproduce it in other towns?

Sh*** I was so happy to have AM back after a few days of pure EAxianity  Roll Eyes
Anyway, to fix it, the Super Computer of Twallan is pretty good for the job and AFAIK is already updated.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: 2010 June 11, 21:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue, then. Is there any way to fix their relationships and make them related again?

I use Twallan's Super Computer. It seems to stick.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2010 June 11, 21:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an Ambitions bork?
 Huh
My sim happily seeded sprogs throughout the town and now if I check the family tree, I can look into the extended families because of this.

Three of the women he's managed to fertilise, have had other children before or after with another man.  All of a sudden children in these families have started karking it!

A notice popped up, that one child had died trying to fix something and they shouldn't have been messing with something like that.  Two others have died and they were only toddlers.

Also Morgana Wolf (I think that's her name) she's had one child, now a teen.   Could see she was preggers again, but no baby has appeared. I'm sure if I went into play her family I would find another toddler or child has died.

I've never had this happen before while playing Sims 3, thought it rather strange.  Anyone else happened upon this?

My first sim (base-game, obviously) was an 'alien' that I used to pollinate the women of the town (really, just a green sim with a weird face) - I had older-sibling sims randomly up and die before their time and such all the time, even one family where he pollinated a woman with twins with just disappearing entirely - they apparently moved out, but the twins were still in his family tree, perpetual toddlers, even as younger siblings reached YA stage. That was pre-AwesomeMod. AwesomeMod quashed all that crap for me, haven't had another problem since.

I know AwesomeMod is not technically ambitions compatible yet, and definitely not advised for a game with 6s or 12s because of the school thing, so my advice would be to play another neighbourhood and/or wait until it is ready.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2010 June 11, 22:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Stylist borked for anyone else? 'Cause no matter what I do, my clients ALWAYS hate their makeover.

Stylist is borked for me. Every time I try to do a job, nothing gets checked off, the customer hates it, and it says I didn't do the requested makeover.
I tried a Stylist for the first time last night, and got customer approval each time.  I think the key is to ONLY change what the customer is requesting, especially in the case of accessories.  I only touch accessories if the customer is specifically wanting new ones.  If the customer wants a new Everyday outfit, for example, don't touch the hair, makeup, or accessories.

On the other hand, you might be doing this already and just have a conflict somewhere.  Heh.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: 2010 June 12, 00:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim's icon switched back and forth between normal and this for a few hours.

And it appears that Window + Reflection only reflects to the edge of the lot...except for the distant terrain.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2010 June 12, 02:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars also seem to function magically now which I don't like:

1 car.

Sim A: Drives car to theater. While in theater...
Sim B: Drives to consignment store, magically summoning the car from Sim A's parking spot at the theater. While at the store, Sim A leaves the theater.
Sim A: Drives home. Magically summons the car from consignment store parking lot.
Sim B: Drives home. Magically summons the car from home.

>:\

I can verify that I have also seen this nonsense with cars. LAME.

As for the Stylist career, I have changed/added several accessories before and still recieved a positive rating. There have been a few times where I accidently clicked on the check before I was finished and I got a negative review each time, but it's been a mixture. Earlier tonight the job asked for one accessory and I selected two and still got a positive review. I get some positive ones, but my sim is at level 9 and I'm getting a lot of negative reviews along with '(sim) did a good job, maybe client is too picky' messages. I take that to mean that I added all elements required for the job; maybe it just gets more difficult to please the higher you go. Otherwise I have to wonder if it is somewhat random as to what kind of rating you get.

As for other news, it doesn't seem to affect adults but my toddlers ages are getting reset with the "plan outfit" (on the dresser) command. One step forward, two steps back.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 03:05:20 by Tangie » Logged
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2010 June 12, 03:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the option to become self-employed. Is there some trick to it or is it borked?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2010 June 12, 03:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to 'register' as self-employed at the City Hall. Are you missing the option?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2010 June 12, 03:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to have one point of skill in the profession in question... ie one point of gardening to become a gardener. You might also need to wait for daylight hours, if the city hall is closed, but I'm not sure on that point. Otherwise, no, not much of a trick to it.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2010 June 12, 04:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to have one point of skill in the profession in question... ie one point of gardening to become a gardener. You might also need to wait for daylight hours, if the city hall is closed, but I'm not sure on that point. Otherwise, no, not much of a trick to it.

Ahh, so that's the trick. I didn't think of skill points. I was going for a stay-at-home mom and thought she wouldn't get all the wants for a career if she were registered as self-employed. Oh, well.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2010 June 12, 09:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money made from selling items through the consignment store don't count toward the inventor self-employment career earnings. Not sure if this is a bug, but it would be logical for it to count.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2010 June 12, 09:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that moving lots around with the new tool will erase the address of any moved lots. Bit ridiculous how there is no simple way to add/edit a lot address.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2010 June 12, 14:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing with a few updated mods but no AM yet. I started a new game and choose the Curious family since they had a kid (so I can test the school) and a toddler (to test the age thing with the dresser). The first couple of days, the school bus did not arrive but I could send Bunny Curious to school and it seems to be working fine - school bus is also now coming to pick her up.

The first time I sent Notzso Curious (the toddler) to the dresser, it subtracted one day from his age. A few sim days later I sent him to the dress again, and it subtracted two days from his age. Another few sim days after that I sent him to the dresser and it added 3 sim days to his age. Curious and curiouser. Tongue

I'm going to test this some more in some other families and report back.

ETA: Oh for pity sakes. I just restarted this game, and now the toddler's age has been completely reset. I guess I'm going to have to remove all my mods again to see if this is being caused by one of them. Is anyone else seeing borked ages on toddlers?

ETA2: Took my Mods folder completely out and started a new vanilla game with the Curious clan. School bus has never arrived and I have to click on 'go to school'. Sent toddler to the dresser multiple times, and restarted the game once. There doesn't seem to be a particular pattern; here are the results:
Dresser #1: Added two days to the toddlers age, from 11 to 13.
Dresser #2: (next day) No days added
Dresser #3: Added one day, 11 to 12
Game restart: No change
Dresser #4: Added 3 days, from 11 to 14
Dresser #5: Added two days, from 13 to 15

« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 19:22:06 by Tangie » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2010 June 12, 17:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they mess with the "Get to know" social at some point?

Mind you I completely skipped over World Adventures when it first came out and haven't played this game for nearly a year until recently, but I remember that social used to allow your sim to learn traits of another sim. Now no matter how many times I use it I don't seem to learn any traits.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2010 June 12, 17:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its been borked for a while, WA did it I think.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: 2010 June 12, 17:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty much completely anti-borked if you have the uh...the trait that makes you learn traits faster. Whenever my interior designer would talk to a sim about a job, they'd immediately learn every trait they had. THis was only after I had cheated and added the trait onto her, before it would take hours.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2010 June 12, 18:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the Perceptive LTR it's pretty near impossible to discover others' traits nowadays.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2010 June 12, 18:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it used to be quite easy to discover them all. But now, even related sims (such as spouses) never seem to find out all of the other sim's traits in their lifetimes anymore. It's gone from one extreme to the other.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2010 June 12, 19:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very strange and related issue: in Twin Peaks (something like that, whatever it's called), relationships don't seem to get "set" at all until you select the family. I've been playing several games with the Curious family and each time I start up a game with them, they all have the 'new friend' moodlet. And the only sim in the family that seems to know everyone else's traits is the toddler, Notzo Curious. Every other family member has no knowledge of anyone else's traits.

On the game I've been playing until my experiments with the Curious', even with the Observant perk the game would only reveal one trait instead of 3. Some players were reporting that the other two traits were listed separately instead of all in the same announcement, but when I scrolled through the announcements I still only saw one trait.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: