More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:23:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260441 times)
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #475 on: 2010 July 13, 17:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:|

That was totally informative and certainly not a complete waste of space. No wonder you're such a stellar member of the community.

Congrats you too just wasted space.

Anyway, after the latest patch did anyone else's speed ratings for their cars turn into some weird formula instead of just saying the speed?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: 2010 July 13, 17:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New feature of awesomemod. Nothing to do with the patch.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2010 July 13, 19:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, is there a way of putting it back to the way it was?
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2010 July 13, 20:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I just came back from vacation in Champs Les Sims and I have to report further things and borkages apart from broken excavation sites:

1. Consigned goods (inventions, produce etc.) are still being processed while on vacation, i.e. at 5 p.m. I got the nice message that the consignment store was happy to announce the successful sale of three of my marvellous inventions for a total amount of ONE Simoleon (0+0+1). Fine, at home they had a total worth of granting me a promotion in the inventing career, but now, in France, this would buy me nothing but a cockroach if such a thing were available and for sale there.

2. My Sims constantly roll wishes to call some of their vacation acquaintances. But the wish only shows that Sim's face and the text "call". The text string for the name is missing.

3. Explorers who stay in the base camp with you now have the little house icon next to their thumbnails, marking them as visitors of your house. I don't know what that's supposed to mean or what the consequences might be. I noticed it too late to test whether I could now also treat them like guests. The only thing I did notice, however, that they constantly used my bed. Very nice for a romantic vacation when you go upstairs to find some chick from Egypt in bed with your lover. At least this was a lesson to not to clear the dishes after dinner when you're on holidays.

« Last Edit: 2010 July 13, 21:00:40 by vorpal » Logged
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2010 July 13, 20:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, is there a way of putting it back to the way it was?

I'm going to assume this might have to do with either the "UseHigherPrecisionTime" or "BetterBBObjectInfo" Settings. If you don't like them, you can use the Awesome config tool and disable them there.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
easiest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2010 July 13, 23:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the past few days I've noticed when I quit without save it is taking quite a long time for the game to quit.  I timed it this afternoon at 3:49.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same experience?

I'm running the game with a more than adequate PC.  I use only AM, 3booter and fps limiter.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2010 July 13, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to assume this might have to do with either the "UseHigherPrecisionTime" or "BetterBBObjectInfo" Settings. If you don't like them, you can use the Awesome config tool and disable them there.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2010 July 14, 02:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that every time I run the game, the Career Bundle does not appear in the installed content... I installed it again and works, but when i close and run again the game launcher it appears again as a new download and does not show up in the installed content... I already have decrapyfied.... why does that happens?

I have been noticing the launcher seems to have Alzheimer's lately with regard to whether it has installed certain files. If you try to install them, it says they are already installed (well duh) but it seems to forget it installed them every time you restart the launcher.

As long as the content is showing up in the game it's not really a problem and I just ignore it.

Ok... but I don't see the new hairstyles that come with the Set in the CAS anyway... red cubes have not appeared again... but I don't know... There is nothing that proves the set is installed... my launcher doesn't say that it's already installed... It just install it and install it all the times I close and open again the launcher...
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2010 July 14, 20:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading about people having trouble finding all of the poltergeists in the ghost hunter career.  Today I was playing and was having a heck of a time finding the last of 3.  I slowly scanned the lot, noticing that the woooo sounds got louder in a particular corner, but nothing was wobbling.  So I started clicking on every object I saw and found that a large hay stack needed exercising.  The stack was too large to see the wispy animations and for whatever reason it did not lift off the ground as other objects do.  I hope this helps anyone having similar problems finding the last poltergeist to exercise.  Just find where the sound seems loudest and click on every object in sight.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2010 July 14, 21:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That new diner rabbithole that looks like a derelict coach is not recognized as a diner when trying to take a photograph of it.

But Twinbrook is doomed anyway. Took a photo in the graveyard while a friend tried to greet a ghost and it registered as TWO ghosts.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 14, 21:27:41 by vorpal » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2010 July 14, 21:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to photograph the Shower in a Can and have it register properly under the Travel photo collection? That's the only thing missing for me in that collection, but no matter how much I fiddle with the camera and zooming, positioning, etc., all I can get to come up is object (still life)
jenpez
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2010 July 14, 22:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading about people having trouble finding all of the poltergeists in the ghost hunter career.  Today I was playing and was having a heck of a time finding the last of 3.  I slowly scanned the lot, noticing that the woooo sounds got louder in a particular corner, but nothing was wobbling.  So I started clicking on every object I saw and found that a large hay stack needed exercising.  The stack was too large to see the wispy animations and for whatever reason it did not lift off the ground as other objects do.  I hope this helps anyone having similar problems finding the last poltergeist to exercise.  Just find where the sound seems loudest and click on every object in sight.

Or if you stop controlling your Sims, they will randomly fetch the ghosts themselves. I know that the ambitious trait has a different influence on the firefighter and ghost hunter careers, I think it's due to the fact that those are the only 2 jobs with "mini-games" incorporated. Where you have to "solve the problem" yourself.

All Your Base Are Belong To Us!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: 2010 July 14, 22:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most firefighting actions will be done autonomously, same for ghost hunting. Sims will exorcise and capture spirits autonomously, but they won't capture/plead with actual ghosts. Firefighters will attend to fires, but they won't break down doors or convince sims to leave.

Speaking of, is there an actual purpose to pleading with a ghost to go to the afterlife? It takes an eternity and there doesn't seem to be a single bonus from doing it.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2010 July 14, 22:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, talking to them might be a quicker way after you've completed all the Charisma challenges as the banisher can fail and then you get slapped and have to start again.

Secondly, other players use that opportunity to woohoo those ghosts before they send them back to the afterlife. This might feel a tiny bit more satisfactory than just sucking everything in with your gun.

Thirdly, when it's finally time for your own Sim to go to the afterlife, it's probably better to have at least some friends over there instead of only a cartload full of angry victims.
Chaoscity
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2010 July 15, 00:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to photograph the Shower in a Can and have it register properly under the Travel photo collection? That's the only thing missing for me in that collection, but no matter how much I fiddle with the camera and zooming, positioning, etc., all I can get to come up is object (still life)

You know its an action shot, right?
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2010 July 15, 04:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this have been asked before, please re-direct me, I didn't find anything about...

I have a ghost hunter sim... He is in level 7... Yesterday I was playing... evertything ok... Today I played and when I was doing my missions I noticed the game wasn't counting the spirits I was catching... I completed the 3 angry ghosts, the three windows describing the ghosts appeared, but the mission "was never completed"... I tried the other two missions of that day... the same problem... I went to bed and at the next day... THE SAME THING...

Can somebody HELP ME?!
jenpez
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2010 July 15, 08:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thirdly, when it's finally time for your own Sim to go to the afterlife, it's probably better to have at least some friends over there instead of only a cartload full of angry victims.

Interesting, never saw it that way. I just assumed the ghost friends would be lost forever...

All Your Base Are Belong To Us!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2010 July 15, 09:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading about people having trouble finding all of the poltergeists in the ghost hunter career.
I am automating the search-and-destroy functionalities in Supreme Commander, so...don't worry...too much.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2010 July 15, 11:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find that in the config... Going to try the settings.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2010 July 15, 14:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find that in the config... Going to try the settings.

UseHigherPrecisionTime -- the last option under "Interface & Control Features - General".

BetterBBPObjectInfo--the last option under "Build/Buy/Edit Mode".

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2010 July 16, 18:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you REALLY prefer meaningless, bullshit stats, I suppose you COULD turn it off. Can't imagine WHY, though. These numbers are clearly more accurate, as you can see the acceleration and top speed of the car at a glance. The conclusions may surprise you...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2010 July 22, 05:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised when I noticed that a expensive bed is, actually, as good as many cheaps... disappointing but really useful. You should keep it activated.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2010 July 23, 19:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should keep it activated.

Is checking a box suddenly too much work or something?

I sing along with elevator music.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2010 July 24, 07:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should keep it activated.

Is checking a box suddenly too much work or something?

Yes, it's.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2010 July 24, 14:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's.
What did the English language ever do to you?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: