More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:27:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I fucked up, help me fix it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I fucked up, help me fix it  (Read 4720 times)
TheLemonOfIchabod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I fucked up, help me fix it
« on: 2010 July 19, 01:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So today I thought it was a good time to download all the store items from here. I followed the instructions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.25.html and something exploded. I decrapified all possible files, including my saved games. On the bright side, the store items installed in my game and worked perfectly. Unfortunately, Riverview and my legacy family are now worthless. When I load the file, I get a box reading "MISSING OBJECTS WARNING: Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced." I shrugged it off, thinking the decrapifier might have missed a couple store items, which wouldn't have mattered seeing how most worked. The missing objects turned out to be crucial buildings in Riverview, as I discovered when I saw that the adults were unemployed and that there were "no schools to attend in this town." The school, spa, city hall, army base, hospital, and possibly a few other rabbit holes are fucked. They're technically still there, but they're flat grids without any buildings on top. All interactions involving careers or anything useful are gone, and the only one left is to "visit" the place. To be clear, this is NOT the bug where the buildings are all blue squares. I left without saving and tried decrapifying the neighborhood, even though I was sure I already had. Nothing's fixed. I delete the cache files--nothing's fixed. I go through and uninstall all the store crap I spent an hour putting in my game and I empty my mods folder. Problem remains. I move my saved games to the desktop, uninstall Riverview, delete all my caches, reinstall it, and replace the saved games. Riverview's still fucked. In retrospect, my problem COULD have been that I didn't empty the DCCaches folder before decrapifying, but it's too late now. I'm running out of options and don't want this family to be lost forever. Is there anyway to fix this?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: I fucked up, help me fix it
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 19, 02:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... you fucked up big.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 19, 03:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty out DCCache, decrapify Sims3Packs, reinstall, decrapify saves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TheLemonOfIchabod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 19, 03:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty out DCCache, decrapify Sims3Packs, reinstall, decrapify saves.
Would decrapifying them again really help? Especially since it still doesn't work after removing the sims3packs and reinstalling Riverview? But hey, I'll try it, thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 19, 12:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saved games must also be decrapified after you decrapify an installation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TheLemonOfIchabod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 19, 22:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saved games must also be decrapified after you decrapify an installation.

Your last advice helped perfectly, thank you. But I actually only downloaded some of the items, so before I download the rest, is it safe to use the batch command, and if so, do I need to empty out DCCache and decrapify the saved games? I thought the batch file already decrapified the saves, but I could be wrong.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 20, 05:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying your save only needs to be done once. From that point on, it is clean.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: