More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:47:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EA Data Logging - Ambitions & Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA Data Logging - Ambitions & Patch  (Read 47452 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EA Data Logging - Ambitions & Patch
« Reply #75 on: 2010 June 06, 05:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a few real people get to do EA's surveys, the 12s massrush them and then the surveys close. EA may as well just have a big tickbox labelled 'Pets' and leave it at that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 06, 12:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The code-generated data tells them what people do with the game now, it doesn't tell them what people WANT the game to do.  It tells them what objects and interactions people use now, not what objects and interactions they WANT.

I do no think they care about how you are playing to that level of detail.

I think that the user profiling and in-game ad capability are two parts of the same EA strategy.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 06, 18:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a few real people get to do EA's surveys, the 12s massrush them and then the surveys close.

"Coming soon:  'The Sims 3 - Twilight'".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 06, 18:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a few real people get to do EA's surveys, the 12s massrush them and then the surveys close.

"Coming soon:  'The Sims 3 - Twilight'".

Ugh, bite your tongue!

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 June 06, 21:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I was thinking yesterday how much I missed vampires, and then had the most dreadful realisation that if we got them in TS3, they would MOST PROBABLY SPARKLE.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2010 June 06, 21:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the Sims 2 vampires were also an unpleasant extreme. Two ends of the scale:

1. Bleh I vant to suck ur blood bleh bleh im a bat, semi-badass vampires
2. Teehee, I'm passive agressive and a total douchenozzle but hey, you love me anyway! Shing, sparkle sparkle

I want in-between. Gimme some sexy vampires who are ALSO badass, who have lots of sex just because they can, don't need to eat human food, HAVE to drink blood, and can fly and conjure fire and use light magic and such. Vampires that slowly turn transparent and glass-like after a long time of being vampires before turning into solid glass and existing in suspended animation forever.

Yes. Yes, I do indeed like Anne Rice vampires, WHAT OF IT?!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 June 06, 22:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the classic monster movie\superstition vampires. Rising from the dead, sapping blood or life energy, ridiculous ways to kill and deter them. Who knew that vampires where obsessive compulsive? Steal their sock, fill it with rocks, and sink it in the river, they won't roam. One common way to distract them was to throw poppy seeds at them, they'd be compelled to stop and count them. Sleeping in a circle of salt with protect you, not just from vampires, but other evils as well. The way to stop them from rising from the grave is to drive a stake through their chest, pinning them into the ground. I suspect that is where the driving a stake into their heart to kill them came from. Cut their head off and fill their mouth with garlic, will stop them. Also, vampire pumpkins and watermelons.

I'll admit, a sexy vampire is pretty nice, but the real superstitions are much more interesting.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 June 09, 13:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have EA blocked from accessing the internet, and I unchecked keylogger in the game options.  However, every time I go into the options menu, the keylogger is rechecked again.  How do I get the stupid thing turned off FOREVAH?! 

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 June 09, 19:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of interesting paranoia speak here but have any of you even bothered to run a packet sniffer before getting all up in arms?

Instant gratification takes too long.
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 June 13, 01:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The data logging was enabled by default on my game as well though it doesn't matter as it's blocked from the net.  Why people allow games like this to access the net is beyond me.  The only real excuse is if the game is an online mmo.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 June 13, 06:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Online Massive Multiplayer Online?

Ahem, anyway, the check box that let's you enable and disable the data logging doesn't seem to work properly (at least in my game). If enabletelemetry is 0 in Options.ini the check box is unchecked. If enabletelemetry is 1 the check box is... also unchecked!
The only way to disable it is to manually edit Options.ini and set enabletelemetry to 0.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 June 16, 20:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the specifics, Tyyppi - that's the info I needed.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: