More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:55:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lost Snake Charming Basket
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost Snake Charming Basket  (Read 3982 times)
starsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lost Snake Charming Basket
« on: 2010 June 30, 04:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims is is fanatically practicing snake charming when I'm not watching and she leaves the basket in odd places rather than returning it to her inventory.

Is there an easy way to locate it when she 'loses' it?

Trying to find it by skimming the ground and looking for it is annoying, and, while I'm not opposed to buying her a new one, I'd rather not have hundreds of baskets laying about.

I haven't been able to find any sort of cheat that automatically returns lost property to the sims inventory, and restoreallstolens doesn't seem to have any effect in this case.

Does anyone have any insight?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Lost Snake Charming Basket
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 30, 04:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just place it instead of keeping it in her inventory, and just drop it in her inventory when you're planning to have her perform in public.  Other than that, you could look for a mod that stops them from using the basket on their own.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
starsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 30, 14:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That will work for the future, thank you so much.

I know there are a least two lost baskets somewhere in Twinbrook. Is there a way to locate them either by name or object id?
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 30, 17:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always tell her to practice snake charming and watch where she goes? Isn't it a supreme Commander task? (I don't use them much so I can't remember.)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 30, 19:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe if you go to edit a lot that a sim has left something on; it pops in to their family inventory.  Just go to edit each of the places she has visited since you last saw it.  You don't have to do any actual editing, and then check the family inventory.
starsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 30, 23:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as I can tell practicing snake charming isn't available in SC, so I can't try that. I'm also not sure that even if it were, she wouldn't just drop it from her queue upon realizing that she doesn't have a basket in her inventory. If it is definitely in SC and I missed it, where can I find it to try this?

I tried going into Edit Town and selecting lots that she has been on or near, but the basket(s) didn't magically turn up. She was probably wandering just outside a lot when she lost the last one, since I had her out collecting things.

Any other ideas?
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 02, 18:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims suffered a similarly tragic loss of his snake-charming basket. I just bought him another one. A few simdays later he went to buy groceries and some random dude was playing it in front of the grocery store. I suppose it could get annoying if I lost, say, 20 of them, and they were littering every community lot-- but I decided I kinda like having a couple random snake baskets floating around that the community can abuse.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: