More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:50:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim Teen Becomes Foreigner
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Teen Becomes Foreigner  (Read 5121 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Sim Teen Becomes Foreigner
« on: 2010 May 26, 17:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, what happens when you forget to bless your sim home.

After switching to a different home the other night (across the street from this particular home) I noticed something strange upon starting the game up this afternoon. Not only did the home in question get new occupants, the other family moved to a crap home across town (they're roughly $400K deep so no reason to move into a smaller home). Upon inspecting the new home, the teen daughter was missing. I switched to the home to find out what was going on and their daughter was marked "Long Distance" in the friends list. After evicting the uglies and moving my family back to the preferred home, I invited the daughter over. I wasn't able to ask her to move in or use ctrl+click to switch to her. I used the 'Supercomputer' hack to add her to the house then things got a little stranger, she only had one outfit in her 'change outfit' and when I attempted to set her back up again using the dresser, the game locked.

At this point, it doesn't look like she'll be playable. Is it possible that maybe she was at school when the family moved out and she just got left behind and thus, broken? Has anyone ever had a similar situation? I tried using fixall when she was on the lot as well but nothing.

Instant gratification takes too long.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Sim Teen Becomes Foreigner
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 26, 17:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The closest "similar" instance I can come up with is with NPCs. Twice I have destroyedallnpcs in order to freshen the line up. Both times at one of the NPCs that should have been poison gassed then became "long distance" in the relationship panel. One was a teen babysitter the other was an adult maid. I've not seen the issue with a moved in family.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 26, 22:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Looks like there's a second layer of simstubs that needs cleaning up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 27, 04:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still kicking some ideas around in the game but no solutions unfortunately. Guess I just let her live in unknown space lol

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 27, 13:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the problem is figured out but not fixed. Someone was playing my game and saw the teen stuck inside the ground and unable to move or be interacted with and they used the EA 'delete' function on her to fix the problem. Now to figure out how to undelete her Sad

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 May 27, 14:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ You could have just moved her with moveobjects on I think.

This happened to me too with 2 kids, when I hopped across the pond to drag said teens back home by their darned pigtails, they were nowhere to be seen.
I just cloned them again in CAS. These new clones don't have any actual relationship to their parents now though, which sucks.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 May 27, 21:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving a Sims 3 sim is a pain in the arse anyway. Try "resetsim firstName lastName" and see if she reappears at home.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 May 29, 00:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, resetsim worked when I invited her over to the lot then then I moved her in with EA's built-in. Now to figure out how to get her to have more than one outfit so that she'll stop doing everything in her everyday clothes (including showering)...

Maybe when she ages up to young adult it'll magically get fixed since trying to use the dresser to plan her outfits locks up the game. Well, I hope anyway.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: