More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:00:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod crashes at loading screen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod crashes at loading screen  (Read 12535 times)
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Awesomemod crashes at loading screen
« on: 2010 May 30, 12:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to find a solution all morning, without much luck.
So I'm just going to ask.

I'm only using the base game.
I've taken out all other cc, so it's not a conflict issue with other mods/hacks/whatever
I've done everything it said to do there http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=403042
The no intro mod works, but then it crashes when it starts loading, and I've tried loading the game without the no intro mod and it crashes at the same place.
I've tried it with both versions of the awesomemod, and neither work.

Any help?  Huh
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod crashes at loading screen
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 30, 13:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like yet another case of framework fail. SEARCH MOAR, lazyass.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 30, 22:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime the game doesn't fully load, it is most likely a framework fail. Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY. If for some reason you are too incompetent to follow simple directions, use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014.

Now.. GO AWAY.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 31, 00:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to find a solution all morning,

I highly doubt that.  

You think you're the first and only fucking idiot with this problem?  It is well documented all over the place, and any half-arsed moron could have, and would have found the solution to the problem with a simple search.

Edit: Fixed fuck-up again
« Last Edit: 2010 May 31, 01:44:10 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 31, 00:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I highly doubt that. 

You think you're the first and only fucking idiot with this problem?  It is well documented all over the place, and any half-arsed moron could have, and would have found the solution to the problem with a simple search.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 May 31, 01:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I highly doubt that. 

You think you're the first and only fucking idiot with this problem?  It is well documented all over the place, and any half-arsed moron could have, and would have found the solution to the problem with a simple search.

Damn it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 May 31, 13:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime the game doesn't fully load, it is most likely a framework fail. Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY. If for some reason you are too incompetent to follow simple directions, use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014.

Now.. GO AWAY.

Yeah, I'd already done that. I checked it again just to make sure, but it still didn't work, and the framework installer didn't find any issues.
Oh well, thanks for your help anyway. (:
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 May 31, 16:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should try MANUALLY installing the framework. Hardcore high-tech, I know. But my bet is on you being too stupid to be able to do that.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 01, 09:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should try MANUALLY installing the framework. Hardcore high-tech, I know. But my bet is on you being too stupid to be able to do that.
I did. I then ran the framework installer and there weren't any problems.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 01, 14:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok do you have World Adventures, High Tech Stuff and/or Ambitions? did you installed Framework on their directories?
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 01, 14:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok do you have World Adventures, High Tech Stuff and/or Ambitions? did you installed Framework on their directories?

Nope just base game, version 1.2.7.00002.
I think I read somewhere that the current mod was only working with WA? I may have misread though.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 01, 14:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No but it does require the latest patch ... that is right now  1.11.7 as 1.2.7 is very much outdated.

Even if it should just throw a "core mismatch" message and not a crash but 1.2.7 is so freaking old that might be the cause ... either way if you want to use AM properly, you always need to keep up with patches.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 01, 14:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No but it does require the latest patch ... that is right now  1.11.7 as 1.2.7 is very much outdated.

Even if it should just throw a "core mismatch" message and not a crash but 1.2.7 is so freaking old that might be the cause ... either way if you want to use AM properly, you always need to keep up with patches.

Oh really, I swear I got a new patch only a couple of weeks ago :/
Okay, well I'll dl the new one and hopefully that will work, thanks for your help (:
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 02, 08:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh really, I swear I got a new patch only a couple of weeks ago :/
Okay, well I'll dl the new one and hopefully that will work, thanks for your help (:

AwesomeMod pretty much only runs with the most current version or patch of the game that you are currently running. If you don't patch, AM will throw you an error that it has expired. Again, I still believe it is a framework fail because you didn't even get the 'core mismatch' error as Drakron stated. I wrote a step-by-step tutorial on installing framework manually.. you can find it here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1398.0

It is literally as basic as it can get. If you still can't get it to work, then you are officially fucked.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 02, 15:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I thought you were too smart for patchfail, since that's fucking BASIC, man. Huh.

rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 02, 22:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I thought you were too smart for patchfail, since that's fucking BASIC, man. Huh.
Sorry  Embarrassed
I can't even get the patches to install now, stupid game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 03, 10:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they meant the new patch, 1.12.7. AwesomeMod has not officially been certified for that, although there is a test version out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 03, 15:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OIC. So they're too stupid to TYPE properly. Problem identified, I knew it was ID ten T-related somehow.

rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 03, 16:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it was 1.2.7. Except I've reinstalled and now it won't update to any patch.
I've just given up on it.

EDIT:
Fixed it now. I reinstalled for the fifth time, the only thing I changed was setting it to USA rather than UK. Works perfectly. Patched upto 1.12.7 and then installed both WA and Ambitions. And awesomemod is running beautifully.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 19:40:20 by rocki-i » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: