More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:58:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Steps On How to install Store Items with the Current Patch 2.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Steps On How to install Store Items with the Current Patch 2.3  (Read 13877 times)
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Steps On How to install Store Items with the Current Patch 2.3
« on: 2010 January 11, 19:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Photo's will show you what to do as it does work for me.

Step One:

Step Two:

Step Three:

Step Four:

Step Five:

Proof:

As You will see, I posted the old time windows, gothic windows and beds and chairs, they all show up, and when installing it threw the launcher it will never give you the icon that it is install, the pic shows you what to do, this worked for me.

It won't work if you install it directly into your mod folder, the game will hang. You must install it threw your launcher in order it to work.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 11, 19:50:07 by Rider » Logged
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Steps On How to install Store Items with the Current Patch 2.3
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 11, 19:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also point Resource.cfg directly to the DCBackup folder and don't have to copy the files to Mods\Packages every time you install something, though some people prefer using the .dbc files from DCCache instead because everything in one package seems to result in better performance.
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 11, 19:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had tried the dbc file and for some reason it didn't work for me, and I did set my config up right.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 11, 21:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you use the launcher as an extractor tool, is that it? Does it make a difference with the other extractors?
And if the ressource file points to the cache, the game will still only show the store items installed pre-patch, or the new ones that the launcher swallows too?
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 12, 01:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It will work with all the store items not bought, if you buy them you don't need this step, the items in the pic are the new items as in gothic beds and so on.
Tiababy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 12, 02:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

once you've installed the items you can just move the new .dbc file over to the new one that you have in the mods folder (if you've gone through the fix post-patch)
You may have to change the 0 to another number but this does work as its how I currently get new files into my game.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 12, 16:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this does just use the launcher as an extractor tool.  From a technical standpoint, it doesn't make a difference compared to other extractors, so it just comes down to what app you're most comfortable with.

The only way a .dbc will work is one that was generated pre-patch.  Otherwise, post-patch, to generate a working .dbc you either need to make one manually as in this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17746.0.html

Or go through this procedure to be able to make working .dbc files with a separate copy of the Launcher.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17743.0.html
cathybb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 12, 16:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brilliant and easy to do.  Thanks for the solution.
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 13, 03:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had tried the dbc file and for some reason it didn't work for me, and I did set my config up right.

Yes, thank you for this idea because I also tried making the dbc file and the items did not show up in game. This worked great and I used the s3pe to combine the files into 1 package file for three categories as stated in another thread. Then I deleted the dcbackup files.
Bia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 May 21, 11:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for this post, it really helped me installing custom content.

But...
It doesn't work with worlds because the .world files you have to put on the folder "InstalledWorlds" in "My Documents"...
It doesn't appear in "Installed Contents" or in the game although the .world is in the "InstalledWorlds". Same problem as the CC.

Does anyone have this problem too?
I really want to install new worlds, I'm kind of sick of Riverview and Sunset Valley  Undecided
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 May 22, 15:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume this was done on a PC, but just wanted everyone to know if you have a MAC, these instructions will work. Just did a couple of files as a test and everything worked. Thank you, this way is so much easier and faster then what I was doing before.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 May 23, 03:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have this problem too?
I really want to install new worlds, I'm kind of sick of Riverview and Sunset Valley  Undecided

The solution to this problem is to take the world files from the InstalledWorlds  in My Documents and placing them in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
I tried it just last night and they appeared in the drop down menu just fine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Bia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 May 23, 18:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so hopeful it would work, but unfortunately it didn't.  Cry

When I put the .world file on Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds I still can't choose any towns on the game.
I'm sending a screenshot of the start screen.

I tried putting on Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds but it still didn't work.

When I downloaded Riverview it worked just fine, I don't understand why I can't install other worlds.

Do you guys think it's because my game is patched?

Please don't give up on me Grin

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 May 24, 23:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly have no idea, the world files I used were installed pre-patch, so maybe that has something to do with it? All I know is that after I installed the patches, I could no longer find my custom worlds that had been previously installed in game. I removed them from the installed worlds and put them with Sunset Valley.world in the Sims 3 files. They can now be seen in game. However, Riverview doesn't work that way anymore. For RiverView you can follow this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029

You could try the alternate .exe method. You pull an old version .exe out of the disk. Change the name of the current .exe. Place old version into that folder, and install packs via launcher. That is how I got the worlds installed previously. Place world files from Installed worlds with sunset valley.world. Replace oldversion with newer .exe to play.
I admit, I am rather stumped, but I haven't tried experimenting any. Once they worked, I didn't question it.

Edit: I just removed and installed Riverview and used Pescado's compressorizer tool and the batch file found here to do it. It installed via launcher just fine. So maybe try that with your other custom worlds?
« Last Edit: 2010 May 25, 00:08:11 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: