More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:49:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Problem with Stairs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with Stairs  (Read 3494 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Problem with Stairs
« on: 2010 May 19, 16:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just finished building around 20 small lots. I went in to play test them and most (not all) are having stair complications. The only set of stairs affected are the ones coming up from the basement. The sims that use them can go down, but when they attempt to go back up they get into an endless loop of reaching the top and going back down. I've tried everything I can think of to try and correct the problem, including moving every object away from the wall, deleting the wall, deleting the stairs and placing new stairs, etc. I need help and ideas.

The floor plan (I know...should have taken a picture while in game) is as such: 10-12 tiles long, 5-8 tiles wide. The stairs have two tiles in front and behind on every floor. There are no objects or deco in the two tile vicinity. There might be a window, but I did attempt to remove them to try and fix the problem.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Problem with Stairs
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 19, 17:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known problem and is discussed in this thread.  From what I recall, there is no solution, apart from picking up the house, rotating it, and setting it back down, which sometimes does the trick.

ETA:  wizard_merlin gives another solution below.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 20, 17:11:20 by jwaas » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 19, 19:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known problem and is discussed in this thread.  From what I recall, there is no solution, apart from picking up the house, rotating it, and setting it back down, which sometimes does the trick.

I thought that was the method to kill a witch?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 20, 01:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't read the earlier thread fully, but it may have been mentioned, if you slide the lower stairs one tile space back, they work fine.  Not exactly the way they should work, but still better than some of the other options.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 20, 10:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a "preferred direction" in a neighborhood which a staircolumn must be oriented in to work. If the staircolumn is oriented in the preferred direction, a TS2-style vertical stack works perfectly. Otherwise, it breaks. This effect does not appear specific to the lot and is actually a global artifact of the entire neighborhood. Its behavior is some deeply-rooted low-level math bug that cannot be affected from within scripting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: