More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 13:40:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Avian Valley Project! No longer accepting help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Avian Valley Project! No longer accepting help!  (Read 10586 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
The Avian Valley Project! No longer accepting help!
« on: 2010 May 16, 16:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am creating a world called Avian Valley.

It is supposed to be a small, densely packed river town, with a slight Louisiana style to it.  It's been slowly progressing, so what's the problem you may ask?  

The problem is that I am a very slow builder, and I have irregularly sized lots (To represent older zoning.) If I were to build all the lots myself, The Sims 4 would be out before I posted it.  I need a team of skilled builders to help finish the town.  

In order to ensure that the lots will fit into the neighborhood, I have exported the world and posted its zip down at the bottom of the page.  When you are done building your lots, export them and post them in this thread.  Also, please post the houses' addresses to minimize confusion.  I don't want five people building houses on the same lot, and me at a loss of which one to place.

I am allowing CC for this project, but I want the amount to be as little as possible. I have a list of all CC I currently have in this neighborhood below. Try not to exceed this list, but if you feel you have to, let me know what CC is required, so I can list it when I post the neighborhood.

Free Store DBC's (All by Yecats)
-Old Town Set (Try to use this one as much as possible.)
Regal Living Set
Lunar New Year Set
Collectionne Stancke
Bayside Set

Free Store Sims3packs
Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Set
10th Anniversary Flamingo

Free Store packages
april1 Set

MTS downloads
CharlieSteal's Huge Uber Watch Flat-Panel

Note that this neighborhood is in pre-alpha stage at the moment, and any glitches you encounter (especially road flickering) will most likely be fixed after testing.

Also note that all credit for houses will be given where due.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5zzmywn5o00
« Last Edit: 2010 May 17, 20:58:44 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: The Avian Valley Project (Good Builders Requested!)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 16, 19:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I right to assume that the reason this is in "The Horror, The Horror!" is because of how scary it is that you don't understand how spawners work at all?
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 16, 19:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to fix the fishing spawners. Actually it was on my list of things to do, before you even said anything, because I noticed that the spawners are where the fish show up. This is opposed to what I thought before, which is that you can only fish if you are directly in front of a fishing spawner.  A stupid mistake, but not a terrible one.

However that aside, the reason it is in the Horror is there is no proper place to ask for help on a project, and this wouldn't fit in Pudding Factory because it's not publically beta yet.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 16, 19:49:43 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 16, 19:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I right to assume that the reason this is in "The Horror, The Horror!" is because of how scary it is that you don't understand how spawners work at all?

Perhaps it will be moved to Spoiled Pudding.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 16, 19:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fixing the spawners. I will repeat that it is in pre-alpha stage. For those who don't know what that is, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Besides, those pictures have been on my desktop several weeks.

Edit: I am taking new pictures to replace the old ones, and changing the download link to a new version.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 16, 20:05:01 by parrot » Logged

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 May 16, 19:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You, again? Didn't you soup when nobody was interested in your 12ish "social experiment"?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 May 16, 21:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, I updated the download and pictures, as well as got rid of the excess spawners (something I should have done before posting.)

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: The Avian Valley Project (Good Builders Requested!) Now Fixed!
« Reply #7 on: 2010 May 16, 21:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that this neighborhood is in pre-alpha stage at the moment, and any glitches you encounter (especially road flickering) will most likely be fixed after testing.
This sort of thing absolutely has to be fixed before you start building or otherwise placing built lots will warp the roads even worse.

Make sure everything is smooth. Add your blank lots. Slowly view your roads close up from all four cardinal directions in Edit in Game/CAW. Then export and load into TS3 and again, view roads close up from all four cardinal directions. If you see no errors there, you are golden. Then build up only one home lot and test every career to make sure there are no carpooling issues. Last, build up another home lot on the other side of the 'hood and test every career.

If all runs well, then you should be okay and have a smoothly-running 'hood. It took me until my third attempt to get it right.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 May 16, 21:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I will delete the currently built lots (after saving them into the lot bin), and slowly replace them in the town as suggested.

Edit: Also for reference, I double-click lots to reconcile them, which I've heard has less of an adverse effect on the surrounding terrain.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 16, 21:31:08 by parrot » Logged

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 May 16, 21:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how the pictures you use to show off the neighborhood are of the rabbitholes, the things that look identical in every neighborhood.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 May 16, 22:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but if you'll notice, the diner has an attachment. This contains a functional diner using the WA cash register.  Many of the rabbitholes will have a similar setup of a non-rabithole portion to the lot, though most will be underground.   

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 May 16, 22:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesnt change that every picture is of a rabbithole, and not at all of the world.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 May 17, 01:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, I clearly don't have enough town building practice to make this neighborhood work.  I will continue playing around with CAW, but I don't think I'll ever have the patience to finish a world.  I'll stick with what I do best, making stories.

As for this thread, I am no longer asking for help.

(Edited out the stupid mistake.)
« Last Edit: 2010 May 17, 20:59:22 by parrot » Logged

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: The Avian Valley Project! Now Closed!
« Reply #13 on: 2010 May 17, 01:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it isnt.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 May 17, 02:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, I clearly don't have enough town building practice to make this neighborhood work.  I will continue playing around with CAW, but I don't think I'll ever have the patience to finish a world.  I'll stick with what I do best, making stories.

As for this thread, it is closed.

LMAO, thanks for this title, it is grate.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 May 17, 16:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's almost as lulzy as your account profile, Parrot.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 May 17, 17:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P&L

Britain called.  They said they were all full.

...Britain.

Oh stupid parrot, you make my sides hurt.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 17, 18:00:54 by snowbawl » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 May 17, 20:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the fact he doesn't mind Australia or Britain...as if they're similar places.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 May 17, 20:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said they were similar.  It's a small inside joke that I picked up after someone said they were going to move to Australia... or Britain. That, and "I lived in Waltham!"
« Last Edit: 2010 May 17, 21:03:30 by parrot » Logged

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The Avian Valley Project! No longer accepting help!
« Reply #19 on: 2010 May 17, 21:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fucking hilarious, too. So glad you shared it with us.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 May 17, 21:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having trouble getting past the whole "here's my map, make my lots, but stick to my theme" thing.  I mean, really?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 May 17, 22:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget that you must use pirated store content...presumably because that is what Australians would do.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 17, 22:10:35 by snowbawl » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 May 17, 22:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having trouble getting past the whole "here's my map, make my lots, but stick to my theme" thing.  I mean, really?

It's fallen amusingly flat, however. Thanks, this was grate.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: