More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:06:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAW and the Debug Enabler.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAW and the Debug Enabler.  (Read 2714 times)
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CAW and the Debug Enabler.
« on: 2010 May 17, 23:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the 'setconfig enabledebug' commands work in Create-a-World, including the ability to make sims which do save in the file when it is exported. However, the system is fiddly, easily put wrong, and it seems many of these Sims are prone to glitchiness. So this method is probably not going to result in populated CAW worlds. Is it even possible to make a non-glitched Sim in CAW, or are some essential BFBVFS-preventative processes simply not running in Edit-in-Game mode? Many of the Sims created this way, so long as they're not altered drastically, seem okay - but that might be superficial. I've only been testing worlds exported with Sims in them today, so I don't know anything extensive.

It would be a fantastic timesaver for everyone involved in world-building (builders and downloaders) if pre-population was even possible in the distant future? Could any awesome mod features help with this?

<meh> siggie. </meh>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: CAW and the Debug Enabler.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 18, 00:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not attempted this and cannot recommend it, although you're welcome to try and let us know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: CAW and the Debug Enabler.
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 18, 01:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Findings

I can only give an account as a non-technical end user, but the results so far are interesting.

- I'm using NRaas Supercomputer + Awesomemod, and no other mods.

Here're the steps:

- Load a test world in CAW.
- Enter Edit-in-Game mode.
- Enter setconfig enabledebuginteractions true in the console.
- Shift+Ctrl+Click on a lot, and select 'Make Sim' from the pie menu.
- A playable Sim will generate, and you gain control of its household.
- Editsim the townie with awesomemod. Mold its facial features, fix its clothes, set its wishes, etc.

- Saving at this point makes a working Sim, saved as a resident of the lot I created it on.

However, trying to add family links seems to introduce glitches.
Trying to make Sims ghosts/dead is impossible, from the looks of it, and will only result in corruption.
Running most of the debug scenarios (like "marry" on another Sim) crash the game, however these relationships all seem to set fine with Supercomputer.

If I upload a test world with a Sim in it (about 6.5mb), would anyone with more tech knowledge risk checking it for corruption, errors, etc?

Edit: Right. Here's a small island containing two Sims set as husband and wife: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b1bc994/n/Stranded_rar
« Last Edit: 2010 May 18, 02:32:09 by tea_and_blues » Logged

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: