More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:18:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Gay parents and adoption
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gay parents and adoption  (Read 4470 times)
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
Gay parents and adoption
« on: 2010 May 08, 22:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I create a gay couple in CAS and try to give them kids, it only recognizes one person as the parent. I've tried setting both adults to be parents individually, but after the first sim is declared the parent, the other sim can only be "housemate", even if the adult sims are married to each other; when they're out of CAS, this second sim is labelled as a step-parent.

I clean out my caches, I've only got AwesomeMod installed, I have the base game and WA, but not HELS. Tried searching both this site and google, but no one else has even mentioned this. EA bug or something else wrong with my game, maybe?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Gay parents and adoption
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 08, 23:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest going http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0 and installing the super computer. Put everybody into the game in the best format for you and then use any computer to add/ammend the relationships to what they should be.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 09, 20:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. My sister says she's been getting the same issue, but we're both running off the same copy, so maybe it's just our game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 10, 07:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an AwesomeMod CAS feature, which you can toggle on or off in the config. It is designed to sanity-check all CAS rules, which will therefore allow you to do things like parent YAs to full Adults, or have YAs with 12s as siblings, or whatever could be physically performed in the game. And, of course, setups with stepfamblies and half-siblings. Creating "adoption" ties like so borks the genetic engine even more, so it is not encouraged to do this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 19, 08:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha. Thanks, good to know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: