More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:05:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing Households in a Neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Households in a Neighborhood  (Read 2364 times)
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing Households in a Neighborhood
« on: 2010 April 29, 23:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to salvage a saved game with a legacy family (already well into the 5th Generation) and I'm looking for ideas on what, if anything, I can do to fix the problem.

Background:
I have WA and HELS, and the game is fully patched up to 3.2.8; there is a fair bit of CC in the game (all of which has been checked with Process Monitor, the Dashboard, the Blue Lot Fixer etc) and all of which seemed to work fine up until this problem. The only mods I use are Awesomemod and the Supercomputer (both the latest versions).  This particular save is about 58 MB in size, but I have managed to play saves that reached 130 MB in size previously without any implosion of this kind.  One issue might be that this was a neighborhood where, after the 1st generation, I jumped around  between about 3 households.  

My problem is that, after loading a save located in a user-made neighborhood (Victorian Bay, version 1), I discovered that more than half of the households in the neighborhood have completely disappeared.  Naturally, this has borked all the family trees, which now generate  "Flagrant System Errors" if they are clicked on. Among the households that have gone missing is the original family home of the legacy family with all of its reward objects, original paintings, nectar, garden and relics accumulated by Generations 1-4, and a family graveyard.  

Initially, I assumed the save had somehow been corrupted, so I tried reverting back to the back up -- the problem still appeared there.  Then I went back to a save of two weeks ago, and the missing household problem still appeared there.  Finally I opened a save in Riverview from February, and I discovered that the problem existed there as well (which surprised me because this was a first generation family of world travellers -- they have travelled extensively, but the neighborhood is not that populated).  So I tried various things:  I removed all the CC (except awesomemod).  I removed "The Sims 3" folder and let the game generate a new one.  A new save created after this in Sunset Valley did not show the disappearing family problem yet, but I haven't played for much more than a week there. As well, after generating a new TS3 folder and reloading a backup of my original game, I'm still finding missing households in that save/ neighborhood.  

I did search under various key words, such as disappearing households, corrupted neighborhoods and problems with legacy games (among others), but I haven't found any threads discussing the same problem as mine. So, at the risk of being flamed, I'm risking a question or two: Can this game be salvaged (and if so, how?) or should I write this neighborhood off?

I would welcome any ideas, suggestions, links or observations on my missing household problem.  (Oh, and sorry for the long-winded explanation of the problem).  
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Missing Households in a Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 03, 17:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: