More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:11:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Another World: Paradise
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another World: Paradise  (Read 16997 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Another World: Paradise
« on: 2010 April 10, 18:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creative-ass name, right?

("Visit...Paradise")

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8714/screenshot743868323.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1262/screenshot753876400.jpg
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6439/screenshot763880460.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1070/screenshot793886548.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2824/lots3890588.png

Images are too big for image tags. But if you're awesome you have text-to-image anyway.
Has most base game spawners with the exception of freshwater fish. 7 lots, most of which I put there just so you can have more control over how it looks, since it's so small.

I'm quite proud of the terrain painting, I love the water. After playing with my desert world, on the largest map size possible, I wanted something small and different, so I made this tiny island with nothing civilized on it.

Biggest lot is 50x50. Sell your paintings and found gems and rare insects and books over 3G internet and work up to building a mansion and being king of your own island. Or live in miserable abject squalor living off potatoes.

More info and download here:

http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspot.com/2010/04/paradise.html

Cheesy

(Apologies if Pudding Factory is intended for sharing stuff you dont have elsewhere, I took it to be a "show off your crap you'd really like people to know exists" kind of thing.)
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
Re: Another World: Paradise
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 10, 20:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of a teeny tiny island for a few lonesome sims. I'm going to download this and have a play around with it. I must say though, that straight rock formation looks a tad tacked on, rather than natural.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 10, 21:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait until we can do add-on neighborhoods like we could with OFB. This would make the perfect add-on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 10, 21:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the rocks looked a bit odd too, but I love how it looks from ground level(with trees growing out of the little patches of sand), so I left it. The whole thing is a bit unnatural, anyway. It's basically a mesa in the middle of the ocean :p

It just looked odd without something like that, is all.

By the way, I added a base game version. It's got clusters of base game palms instead of the big pretty WA ones.
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 11, 00:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait until we can do add-on neighborhoods like we could with OFB. This would make the perfect add-on.

Agreed, but I can't help but think that an add-on neighbourhood would take away from the 'seamless neighbourhood' aspect that TS3 is all about really.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 11, 10:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would happen if you spawn a NPC (Say, hire a maid) ?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 11, 11:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there are no roads in your neighbourhood, NPCs requiring cars do not come when telephoned because they can't get to your house from their invisible base.

More F than you
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 11, 13:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the world these last couple of days. In a way, it would be nice to have a couple more lots, if only so that the world can be further customised in-hood. Personally, I'd like a more jungley feel, but obviously that's not the look you're going for, claeric. I'm littering the place with ancient ruins, and treating it as a sort of base camp, for an outdoorsy explorer wishing to settle down with his young wife. I think I'm going to have to modify the vacation hoods a bit so that the family can stock up on supplies whilst they're abroad, as obviously the hood is a wee bit lacking in amenities. As for the lack of NPCs, it doesn't really make sense to have maids and babysitters rocking up on an uninhabited island.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 11, 14:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd like, I can upload the CAW folder and you can alter it as you wish, as long as you don't distribute it without asking.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t2um5kzijol

There ya go, DIY version. I've never upped a world like this before but I think I did it right, it's the .world file, the settings file, and the folder. Put it in UserToolData/Worlds in the CAW folder in your documents.

Might wanna run it over with the smoothing tool if you're going to add lots, the lumpiness in the center isn't very lot friendly. For reference, the blue texture under the water is one of Martine's textures, but I don't remember where I got it...
« Last Edit: 2010 April 11, 14:14:39 by Claeric » Logged
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 11, 16:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't place any sims until I built on a lot (I just put one small tree down) so that the "empty lot" logo changed to an "empty house" one.

NPCs can be seen running around the neighbourhood at great speed, although I have never summoned one.

More F than you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 11, 16:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not being able to place sims on random lots is base game functionality meant to ensure that the world doesn't become unstable by having a bunch of sims who can't sustain their own lives.

As for the NPCs I asked about that in horror horror. I am hoping it is not something that happens eternally. <_<
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 11, 17:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not being able to place sims on random lots is base game functionality meant to ensure that the world doesn't become unstable by having a bunch of sims who can't sustain their own lives.

As for the NPCs I asked about that in horror horror. I am hoping it is not something that happens eternally. <_<

This is not entirely true.  It is set in CAW when you choose ‘residential', you have the option to make it an "Ownable lot".  If you do not choose this option, the lot is only ownable if you build on it.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 11, 17:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I meant it's like that to begin with in the in-game worlds. You cannot randomly plop sims down on empty lots in sunset valley and riverview, only move in.

Edit: Changing the lot from Park to Library fixed it. They no longer spawn and run around. That's really odd.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 11, 22:17:37 by Claeric » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 11, 23:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I meant it's like that to begin with in the in-game worlds. You cannot randomly plop sims down on empty lots in sunset valley and riverview, only move in.

Edit: Changing the lot from Park to Library fixed it. They no longer spawn and run around. That's really odd.

It's not odd, I explained to you why over here…
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18409.msg529560.html#msg529560
It's how the game works.   
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 11, 23:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still odd even if it is how the game works. I see no reason NPCs should show up, constantly, in a neverending stream, one after another, within seconds of each other, the way they do. :\
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 20, 20:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, the base game file gives me a "header corrupted" error when I try to open the zip.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: