More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:44:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  custom content won't show up in game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: custom content won't show up in game?  (Read 8582 times)
idontdomondays
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
custom content won't show up in game?
« on: 2010 April 19, 20:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I've been playing Sims for about 5 years, always downloading custom content. I've never had any problems before and downloaded from a variety of different websites but i lost interest in the game and uninstalled it all, then decided i fancied playing it again and so have got Sims 2 double deluxe, pets & ikea home stuff. I went on ea games/the sims2/downloads and saved a number of downloads there, unzipping them all with winrar. I went on the game, enabled everything and nothing showed up. I deleted all of the custom content, installed winzip and tried that instead with new downloads, from all different websites, still nothing. Went back to using Internet explorer (i use firefox and used to use internet explorer when my downloads worked before - just thought i'd try it) thought it had worked, went on the game and nothing showed up. The message about custom content which usually shows up before you start the game hasn't showed up either. I'm so confused, i don't know what else there is to try. I've been on modthesims and a few other websites trying to follow their instructions on how to download it all properly and i've done everything that it says correctly but it's just not working. Sad
Is there anything else that i could try? I'd be really grateful as i much prefer playing it with custom content! Thankyou, Ash.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
Re: custom content won't show up in game?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 19, 21:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but as a child of the 90's, my attention span just doesn't cope well with tealdeer. Please to be using paragraphs and maybe even some (controversial idea coming up) PUNCTUATION and you might get a response.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: custom content won't show up in game?
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 19, 22:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the CC dialog doesn't come up, it means either
a) You did it rong and the CC is not in the Downloads folder
b) You did it rong and disabled the CC dialog in your options

Furthermore, after you enable CC the first time, you have to restart the game in order for it to take effect.  Either way, you are clearly DOIN' IT RONG.  Downloading seven different kinds of archiving software is not going to fix anything - if the files were corrupted during the extract, you would know about it.

Also, this is not the Ooops You Broke It forum.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: