More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:40:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How...does the game spawn NPCs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How...does the game spawn NPCs?  (Read 9515 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
How...does the game spawn NPCs?
« on: 2010 April 11, 06:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they all spawned as actual sims before disappearing into an NPC pool or are they spawned upon being needed?

I uploaded a world just yesterday that is a tiiiiiiny little island and I only just noticed that there are sims spawning near the only community lot on it with items on it, running away, and disappearing. Upon further inspection, these are pizza people, maids, etc.

Is this just the game spawning NPCs or is this awkward behavior that will remain eternally consistently happening? I ask because it has been a game day and I can't imagine there are that many NPCs that it should still be happening, assuming that is indeed what is happening.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: How...does the game spawn NPCs?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 11, 12:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'ma play your island now because this sounds hilarious.

When I played Coconut Island, there were pizza folk visible about town but none ever actually delivered a pizza because of the lack of roads. Are your sims not phoning for services?

More F than you
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 11, 13:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lolzers. I thought I saw something in the corner of my eye earlier, but didn't bother to investigate. (Too busy trying to coax my pair into procreating.) I guess uninhabited islands aren't so Pudding-friendly after all.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 11, 14:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPC's always show up in community lots designated as parks.  I had the magician show up in mine a few times.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 11, 21:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the Magician actually do?  I don't think I've ever seen one in the game.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 11, 22:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the Magician actually do?  I don't think I've ever seen one in the game.

They were supposed to be inviteable to parties, but they were removed from the game.  They will probably be added back in at a later date with an expansion pack.  They still show up at the park wearing a tux, top hat and face paint (The one with stars).  I have had no luck interacting with them, but I heard of others who have developed a relationship with them.  
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 12, 08:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen him on the Paradise island too. Looks pretty funny, especially as he is running as fast as he can. In Sunset Valley he just hangs out in the park looking mysterious.

More F than you
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 12, 12:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least now I can put a name to the face. That magician used to creep me out just standing there in the park at 7am every morning.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
nekochanpurr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 13, 03:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the Magician actually do?  I don't think I've ever seen one in the game.

They were supposed to be inviteable to parties, but they were removed from the game.  They will probably be added back in at a later date with an expansion pack.  They still show up at the park wearing a tux, top hat and face paint (The one with stars).  I have had no luck interacting with them, but I heard of others who have developed a relationship with them.  

I've actually married one before.. His kids are pretty. Smiley
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 13, 18:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, it's happening again.

That guy at the bottom ran out of the building to the right. :\ This lot was "Graveyard". Changed it to "Library" and it still happens.

D:
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 13, 19:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed the lots to library, art gallery and pool and I have not seen a single NPC. I think I might have left one as a small park.

More F than you
Inf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 19, 03:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know Claeric...I was wondering about something on the subject of NPC's and if there was a way to gain better control over the NPC home? I want to be able to pick and choose who I put in the NPC home and who I do not want in the NPC home.

I did attempt to create a SIM and then give them the job of an NPC but they were not an NPC. They were still controllable by means of my being able to use Twallans SC and AM and select them as a playable Sim. There is no option to take control of an NPC " that I know of " if they are an NPC. Also using the AM Select command does not give you the option either to gain control of the NPC home by selecting one of them by name. Tried that as well. So...How the game chooses to spawn them is one thing but to gain better control over them is another.

Something else that bugs the crap outa me about the NPC's as well. I have tested this on numerous NEW hoods and the same NPC's always spawn. One in particular is Kate Pistashio { AF - Maid } - This one sim " Not that I dislike her " but it's always the same ones. Sure I can kill them off and force a generation of a new NPC sim to take it's place but why does the game choose these specific sims to generate no matter what hood you create. I also get the same thing in my CAW. Weird...

Just when you thought you had me in your clutches...I surprised you again!!!
Complete Instructions: HERE
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 21, 05:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kate is the new Goopy, I think. She's just freakin everywhere.

What really weirds me out is the kids. You have NPC paper kid, who shows up at school, comes over for parties and then ...what...do they grow up and become babysitters, then maids? Is there some sort of messed up class system here where they are born into servitude and remain in service until death? It's just weird.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 21, 05:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those "paper kids" are actually 45-year-old midgets, with records as long as your arm.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 21, 10:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That guy at the bottom ran out of the building to the right. :\ This lot was "Graveyard". Changed it to "Library" and it still happens.
Homeless sims, such as service NPCs, instantiate themselves into the world, and deinstantiate themselves, by pretending to appear or disappear into random buildings. If you look really closely, you'll see the performing the motions of walking into a door, then fading away. You're not intended to look this closely.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: