More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:39:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  New World: Bayborough (Unpopulated)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New World: Bayborough (Unpopulated)  (Read 38819 times)
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: New World: Bayborough (Unpopulated)
« Reply #25 on: 2010 April 24, 22:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was halfway through a rebuttal of jaldeer's post, having done a fair bit of Science to be damned sure that I knew what I was talking about. Good thing that there's that preview function!

Thank you, Myskaal. I'll check out the new link now.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 April 24, 22:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, the com lots file does have a couple residential lots included. I can see how (s)he could have mistaken the version.

Have fun with it. Playing it myself I did notice a few quirks. One WeeBarnoid is turned the wrong direction (mailbox not on the streetside) and I forgot to change the name for St. Helena back to just St. Helena. I also should have added more street lights. I was counting on the idea lights from the lots themselves would illuminate the areas they would be most needed in, but no. Lot lighting does not persist outside of a lot, apparently. The darkness is great int he woodsy parts of town but a little off in the downtown area and subdivisions.

All in all though it plays pretty smooth.

mutchka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 May 30, 04:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the best looking neighborhoods I've seen out there, but is there a chance of release for a base game-compatible version?  The only thing that possibly compels me to even consider looking at getting WA is the fact that I can't download decent custom worlds like this because the creators all own WA for some reason.  It's not that I'm some cheapskate, I just really, really don't like WA. 
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 May 31, 14:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed this in my game and like it ..... but ...... did you use the camera routing tool? In my game the camera is going off the edges everywhere. It looks like you still need to do that.

« Last Edit: 2010 May 31, 14:18:58 by daisylee » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 May 31, 15:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use it. Your camera shouldn't be going off the edges. I can get close but not over. Because I placed things close to the edges in some spots, some areas were left more free than others but you still should not be able to route completely off any edge.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 02, 05:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely could see off the edges in several areas. Did you happen to use the blank SV template to start the hood? There is one area that really looks like the back of the waterfall area the way the terrain is painted in the area that cannot be edited. It also looked like there was that divide line  between the EA painted area and the work area. I did a drastic redo of SV and it looked familiar as far as that goes in a few places. I had to really work to hide that line and get rid of the view of some other areas.

You did a great job on the hood, but IMO if you can clean up the edges it will be even better.   Smiley
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 02, 22:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I used a flat blank map.

I'm not entirely sure I'll be revisiting this hood. Perhaps in the future I may get the inkling to fix it up but as for now, I'm working on other projects. It was a good learning process, though. I'll definitely be taking my experience plus the feedback from this thread with me as I make new worlds.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 03, 04:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did about 8 before I was happy enough with the one I have now to use it as my main hood. It is good enough, but not perfect. As you say, I think we learn with each one. I want to do at least one or two more.

The thing I don't quite understand is how you got that look of the SV blank with a clean start. I started with a totally flat large one and never had that divide in mine.

Typical EA/Sims ..... we cannot predict anything.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 03, 04:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post a screen shot of the area you're talking about? If it's on the edge, it's likely because of how the distant terrains are melding together.  I haeve't messed with the SV or RV lite templates at all so it's hard to say without knowing where you mean.

Looks like "practice" is at a standstill for me now, anyway. I installed Ambitions. No more CAW at least until EA gets around to fixing it.

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 06, 07:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some pics. In my large hood where I started from the blank flat one, I do not have any of this.  I have only the terrain in the square template and no distant terrain that cannot be altered. I have the edges routed, so like in R and SV, the edges cannot be seen.

That is what is confusing me, is that I do not have distant terrains as EA used in SV and R. All of mine flows together and if not routed still would not have any divide. So I am not sure why your hood has this starting from the blank template.

* New Folder.rar (302.67 KB - downloaded 273 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 07:58:34 by daisylee » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 06, 15:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha. I used 2 of the SV type distant terrain (the non WA terrains that is). They overlap and are rotated/tilted and lowered/raised in an attempt to "hide" them/merge them into the bay and each other. That's what's causing those effects.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 06, 23:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains it. I knew it looked like they were used. I am glad to hear that I am not totally losing it .... yet.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: