More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:01:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The definitive EA Store Set & Guide?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The definitive EA Store Set & Guide?  (Read 66772 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The definitive EA Store Set & Guide?
« Reply #25 on: 2010 May 07, 22:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mean converting them to packages or DBC files, what I would like to see is a guide that shows you how to install the Sim3Pack files via the Luncher, in a way that they all work correctly.

Oh you blithering idiot. Look, the "Luncher" MAKES .dbc files; these are database files, a collection of files, and it does this ON PURPOSE. That's what the vanilla game DOES.
The "Luncher" makes sims3pack files into .dbc files.

Just copypasta now.

Try following the directions I wrote at the bottom of this post. Srsly.
How to make .dbc files in Windoze XP
29th March 2010

ETA: The decrapifier just gets the sims3packs ready, so the "Luncher" will recognise them. Use the HELS "Luncher". Just fucking read the instructions and try. Dear god. I need caffeine.

ETA: Removed extraneous words.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 07, 22:38:08 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 May 09, 02:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you are making this harder than it has to be.  I've never had any problems with decrapifying stuff that had the sims3pack in a different folder than the re-compressor.  They are always separate for me.  I've never done your 2nd step, all I've ever needed to do was to drag the sims3pack on to s3rc.exe then to decrapify.exe.  Once they are installed via the launcher, I've never moved them, they are fine where they are.  This should be all anyone needs to do ever.

And no, EA cannot check your launcher and see if you have pirated content.  If they could, so many of us would be in trouble.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 May 13, 15:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, there's a frontend for decrapifying by jfade. Why don't you just use it? Works great, nice GUI, and all that.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 May 13, 20:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've copied over your instructions to here as an example.  Once the .DBC files have been created in DCCache is better to move them into the Mods folders or leave them in DCCache.  For example, can the launcher report you to EA if it finds the files in the DCCache and checks you haven't paid for them?  Also, am I right in understanding that if you shared a lot containing these items they wouldn't work on someone elses PC unless they have decrapified their files?  What about the opposite?  If I download a Lot from for example the Exchange and it contains a Store object, will it work in my game?

You can leave the files where ever you want them. It is my understanding that de-crapifing the Sims3packs involves changing the Id numbers of the objects so that they are seen as general custom objects. The issue being, that if you install a Sims3pack from the store and install it, then install a de-crapified version of the Sims3pack, you will have two copies of the "same" object in your game. If you download a house that uses Store files that have not been decrapped, that you have, but only in the decrapped version, I believe that you will have to redecorate yourself. As far as the game is concerned, you do not have those store objects.
Did I make any sense? It makes sense in my head, I'm just not sure if it makes sense to other people. If you read through the TS3 recompressor thread and follow some of the links in there, I believe you can get all this information.
Decrapified version vs Plain Jane store version, Mesh, recolors, and animations are the same, the numbers inside them that identify them as Store or Custom are not the same.

Uh, there's a frontend for decrapifying by jfade. Why don't you just use it? Works great, nice GUI, and all that.
Because some of us don't want to use it? I never could get it to work, I have no idea why, as it makes no sense, but decrapping the Sims3packs did not let them install.
I prefer this method as easier, place .exe and batch files in with sims3packs, double click batch file. Once done install with Launcher. DONE.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 May 14, 03:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me. Just make sure you choose to decrapify instead of normal compress. There's a radio button at the bottom left. At least people who's been having problem with cmd and/or batch file should try that tool. Save you guys some time explaining something that computer illiterate people would have trouble grasping anyway.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 May 14, 06:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me. Just make sure you choose to decrapify instead of normal compress. There's a radio button at the bottom left. At least people who's been having problem with cmd and/or batch file should try that tool. Save you guys some time explaining something that computer illiterate people would have trouble grasping anyway.

We try to avoid pandering to the stupid at MATY. Really, if you can't find your way round a file system/directory structure, recognise and run binaries/batch files, and follow simple step-by-step instructions: then you shouldn't be playing with hacks and mods anyway - particularly core mods.

Personally, I'm gobsmacked at how complicated tickleonthetum made my instructions look. Plus, half the batchfile code was removed and the creator credit for the code was removed.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 May 14, 18:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did use the decrapify toggle, they still wouldn't install. I assumed it had to do with old s3rc.exe that is included with the download, going back to the thread confirmed that. I might as well just stick to using only the .exes found here if I have to update the tool bits myself anyway. All that program is doing is doing the same thing I'm doing only with a shiny screen. I just used the original batch file information and I've been leaving all three of those files in the Downloads folder so they get run on the files before installing via the launcher.

Those instructions are a little bit much, the original poster of the batch file info should have been left, and the batch file had all that extra stuff because you are supposed to run the decrapifier on your saved games and crap afterward if you already had the Store stuff installed before. With only these instructions, people are going to wonder why their Store content was working before in their houses and now they aren't there, yet they still have the content installed. Why delete the three files from anywhere? You can just leave them there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 May 14, 21:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those instructions are a little bit much, the original poster of the batch file info should have been left, and the batch file had all that extra stuff because you are supposed to run the decrapifier on your saved games and crap afterward if you already had the Store stuff installed before. With only these instructions, people are going to wonder why their Store content was working before in their houses and now they aren't there, yet they still have the content installed. Why delete the three files from anywhere? You can just leave them there.

The instructions work for me. Mind you, these are 'starting from scratch' instructions. I delete all the .dbc files and start from vanilla sims3packs. I subsequently delete the three files from the download folder so I don't run the risk of using an outdated s3rc.exe, as you have discovered, this doesn't work as well. I also use only store stuff as sims3packs, so starting from scratch won't work unless people save and reinstall any other sims3packs they may have downloaded.

I ran the decrapifier on my save games way back, I haven't needed to do it again as I still see all content. However, you're right, that's an instruction that should be included.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 May 14, 22:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The instructions work for me. Mind you, these are 'starting from scratch' instructions. I delete all the .dbc files and start from vanilla sims3packs. I subsequently delete the three files from the download folder so I don't run the risk of using an outdated s3rc.exe, as you have discovered, this doesn't work as well. I also use only store stuff as sims3packs, so starting from scratch won't work unless people save and reinstall any other sims3packs they may have downloaded.

I ran the decrapifier on my save games way back, I haven't needed to do it again as I still see all content. However, you're right, that's an instruction that should be included.

I just leave the files in downloads because when I update the .rar from Pescado I also re-extract and replace with the extracted files. The batch file will not be in those files, deleting them outright would require either stashing the batch away and remembering to add it again every time, or looking it up every time. Someone who wouldn't remember or think to update the files in downloads, probably isn't going to remember or realize that they need to update the tool to begin with. There just ends up being more motions to go through repeatedly deleting the files, then just leaving them where they are and overwriting them as needed.

The instructions do work, and are much more simple, not denying that, I think my phrasing was bad. The summery at the top seems... a little superfluous and a little distracting from the detailed instructions below it. The information about the Save files should be added, probably as an aside at the bottom. If you have save files that have Store content already installed but weren't decrapified before they were installed, then you need to run the decrapper on your saves as well. I thought that it was needed, Pescado seemed to say it was in the thread, although my reading comprehension could have been bad that day.

The fact that you can actually rename the .dbc files to something like Storecrap.dbc could probably also be mentioned as an aside, so people know that they can keep the store content and other content installed via Sim3packs separate from one another so that the starting from scratch thing isn't needed.

OK so we need to leave in the full batch file:

but the /R in the FOR command searches sub folders so it won't find anything other than what's in downloads will it not?  there for the batch file would have to be placed in "\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"  this would mean placing decrapify.exe, s3rc.exe, s3rcBatch.cmd all in "\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" and then running s3rcbatch.cmd.

It would be a good gesture to just leave the name of the person who originally supplied the info for the batch file on the info. As for why I thought the rest needed to stay, it's because the decrapifier is meant to be run on more then just Sim3packs. I think the difficulty here is pretty much just me thinking that those three files are not just for this process, and this process is the only thing you are writing everything out for. So, you can probably ignore me. Possibly the only one who can say for sure if it's okay to run it repeatedly is Pescado. Although running sims3packs under it more then once doesn't seem to hurt.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 May 19, 20:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice, all neat and simple. I've already linked someone to it who was having trouble.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 May 20, 07:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also mention the deletion of the C:\Documents and Settings\witch\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup folder, if people want to recover disk space.

Otherwise, looking good.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 May 25, 00:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried the tool and the batch on RiverView.sims3pack and installed it via launcher. It's working fine. So, that info should be useful to someone.

Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 04, 22:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that tool works with Ambitions and all the updates installed ? Huh
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 04, 22:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that tool works with Ambitions and all the updates installed ? Huh

Yes, still works, although doesn't seem to be working on the newest sim3packs that were uploaded to the store thread.

weby
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 04, 22:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried the tool on the Beach Bummin' set (with Ambitions installed) and yes, it works!

Morriganrant, works for me Huh
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 04, 23:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried the tool on the Beach Bummin' set (with Ambitions installed) and yes, it works!

Morriganrant, works for me Huh

Someone reported somewhere that one of the newest ones, I think it was the sports oriented one, wouldn't install for them. I hadn't noticed some of the objects either. I just noticed the glove chair so, apparently everything did install fine.

weby
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 05, 09:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only checked for two items from June so far (some new football-themed coffee table and an Island Villa bed) and they both show up (nameless and description-less, but as long as the items work, i don't care if they come with a working name/description or not).
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 05, 20:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only checked for two items from June so far (some new football-themed coffee table and an Island Villa bed) and they both show up (nameless and description-less, but as long as the items work, i don't care if they come with a working name/description or not).
I think you might have done something wrong somewhere, as far as I can tell, all the new sports themed items have their descriptions and names in my game.

weby
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 05, 21:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be... but like I said, I don't care about the name/description, as long as the item itself works Smiley
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 July 02, 07:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am probably going to ask a dumb question, as I was looking for a tutatorial to transfer the sims3packages that you get from the EA store to simspack.  Will this allow me to put the content that others have purchased in my game and then click install and it will install the content, normally it will not install any of the content, I have to search for simspack files and put them in a mod file for them to show in the game.  I downloaded and installed the framework, made sure this file (d3dx9_31.dll) was in my game/bin/ folder.  The simspack files will show in the game but other content will not.  Always says make sure I have the latest patch.  Will the instructions allow me to put the sims3packs that you normally would get from EA store and put into my game?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 July 02, 13:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would edit out the word "probably".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 July 02, 16:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Ok, I am going to ask a dumb question, as I was looking for a tutatorial to transfer the sims3packages that you get from the EA store to simspack.  Will this allow me to put the content that others have purchased in my game and then click install and it will install the content, normally it will not install any of the content, I have to search for simspack files and put them in a mod file for them to show in the game.  I downloaded and installed the framework, made sure this file (d3dx9_31.dll) was in my game/bin/ folder.  The simspack files will show in the game but other content will not.  Always says make sure I have the latest patch.  Will the instructions allow me to put the sims3packs that you normally would get from EA store and put into my game?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 July 02, 18:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good god this whole thread makes me want to hurt someone. BadlyAngry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 July 02, 20:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I AM JUST GOING TO KEEP REPEATING MY STUPID QUESTION UNTIL SOMEBODY GIVES ME AN ANSWER DAMMIT!11!
* spacecadet hands Motoki a sharp object

More F than you
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 July 02, 21:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, remember how trickleonthebum started this thread so it would end the constant stupid questions?  THANKS THIS WAS GRATE.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: