More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:49:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  premature birthday happening automatically
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: premature birthday happening automatically  (Read 2844 times)
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
premature birthday happening automatically
« on: 2010 April 10, 16:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched for this every way I can think of and cannot find anything relating to the problem I'm having.

I have a Sim, Jackie, who recently aged from teen to young adult. Her boyfriend Lawrence aged to YA himself a few days later. When this happened, I moved Lawrence in with my active family (Jackie's family) and had them get engaged. I confirmed on his age bar that Lawrence is indeed at the beginning of his YA stage with 21 days left until adult. However, that same night, he spontaneously ages to adult. I cannot cancel the birthday action.

Why is he seemingly skipping the YA stage entirely? Is it normal for a YA to automatically become an Adult upon moving out of his parents' home? (I don't think it is, but I can't say for sure whether I've ever moved a YA out or in before.) Is there any way I can prevent him from suddenly becoming 24 days older than his fiancee? Or can I stop his progression through the adult stage until Jackie catches up?
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: premature birthday happening automatically
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 10, 17:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this type of thing happen, under similar circumstances of moving previously nonplayable Sims into The One Fambly.  I don't know for sure, but I think the problem may lie in certain aspects/signals programmed into the first and/or last days of life stages.

It sounds like you have a game save from during the daytime, with the male Sim on the first day of his YA lifespan, but before he (wrongly) ages up to a mature adult.  What I would do in your situation is use the NRaas Supercomputer (or similar cheat that allows you to change ages), and subtract a day from the male Sim's life, adding a day to his YA life span bar.  As long as you do so during the day, before midnight (when apparently the aforementioned signals get sent), you should be able to stop him from aging up to a mature adult.  If having removed one day from his life bothers you, you can always give it back to him a few days later.

Alternately, you can certainly use the Supercomputer or similar age cheat to keep the male Sim in his mature adult phase until the female Sim catches up to him.  But the other way sounds like less of a pain to me.

Hope this helps!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 10, 21:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use an Awesomemod command - resetsimage? or similar command, look it up - to put sims back to the beginning of their current age.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 13, 23:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always feed them a life fruit when they move in. That'll eliminate the premature aging problem (also eliminates premature ejaculation).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: