More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:42:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Deleting CC in-game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting CC in-game?  (Read 11047 times)
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
Deleting CC in-game?
« on: 2010 April 09, 02:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this should be asked here.

I merged a package full of CAS items which I had downloaded. In the game, I found out that there are too sexy outfits and ugly blocky hairs. So I wonder there is some tool that you can delete the ugly thing in-game as the trash button is grayed out.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Deleting CC in-game?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 09, 03:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A pity people don't read instruction manuals anymore. The frickin trash can is for custom colors.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 09, 04:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, no. And unfortunately, since most cc creators don't put their names on the descriptions of their creations or at least do a HugeLunatic and put some sort of signature icon on the preview, it's a pain in the ass trying to find what it is you don't like.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 09, 06:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some search and found out that TSR Merlin is able to view a merged package and delete small packages attached to it. (Really?). But unfortunately, I found out that Merlin is removed from the downloads due to lack of support and users are advised to use TSR launcher instead. The problem is, TSR launcher doesn't tweak .package file. So I wonder is there any tool that views a merged package and shows the images of each package/object that is attached to it? s3pe only gives me strings of numbers in each package that I don't understand. Huh

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 09, 08:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some search and found out that TSR Merlin is able to view a merged package and delete small packages attached to it. (Really?). But unfortunately, I found out that Merlin is removed from the downloads due to lack of support and users are advised to use TSR launcher instead. The problem is, TSR launcher doesn't tweak .package file. So I wonder is there any tool that views a merged package and shows the images of each package/object that is attached to it? s3pe only gives me strings of numbers in each package that I don't understand. Huh

Here's TSR Merlin - http://www.mediafire.com/?guyyz20wmzg

I was speaking to someone on MTS about how damned useful Merlin is for simply viewing Sims3Packs and Packages; I was told it was removed in favor of their Launcher. Of course I don't have the EXE anymore; this is the install folder but I doubt that makes a difference. If you want to set this up to extract Packages into your Mods/Packages, you can edit a file in the folder called Options.txt and make sure the 2 paths in that text file point to your install folders (I forgot to remove my computer' name). Other than that, this folder should work.

I've viewed some of my merged Packages with Merlin and I really don't trust what it shows. I had a huge file (300MB's) and it only showed a few images of what was supposed to be merged. Also, on the tab that is supposed to show you all the contained Packages, it doesn't show anything. But when I open that same file in S3PE, it shows tons of files (I know not everything listed is an actual Package but, it didn't even come close to the few pictures that Merlin showed).

Right now I have Merlin set as my default program for opening Sims3Packs and Packages.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 09, 08:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. But upon running the program, it says "Could not find the main class tsrwizard/TSRWizardApp". Maybe you're missing another folder, I guess.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 09, 09:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. But upon running the program, it says "Could not find the main class tsrwizard/TSRWizardApp". Maybe you're missing another folder, I guess.

Try opening TSRWizard.jar. I tried that one and it opened Merlin(?). Other than that, I'm sorry.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 09, 09:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, it works. Sadly, Merlin only views merged .package files and not able to delete objects/packages attached to it.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 10, 21:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was mentioned in another thread (possibly merged .dbc one, don't remember offhand) and while it's possible to view merged packages, I believe it's been stated elsewhere that it's impossible to extract and delete individual ones. S3PE does show images of most package files, assuming the creator included one. Postal does the same thing.

I merged a package full of CAS items which I had downloaded. In the game, I found out that there are too sexy outfits and ugly blocky hairs. So I wonder there is some tool that you can delete the ugly thing in-game as the trash button is grayed out.

Best to get in the habit of testing out packages in game before merging them. I had to learn that the hard way as well.

I sing along with elevator music.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 21, 16:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to test out the clothes etc first. When I get a large enough number, then I will smoosh them all together. But I have found that many lame people insist on making their clothes be categorized as nude, so my Sims end up showering in their boots. Tongue Don't put them all together until you have checked them out completely, otherwise your only real option is to delete the whole file and hope you can find the stuff you really liked again.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 21, 17:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to test out the clothes etc first. When I get a large enough number, then I will smoosh them all together. But I have found that many lame people insist on making their clothes be categorized as nude, so my Sims end up showering in their boots. Tongue Don't put them all together until you have checked them out completely, otherwise your only real option is to delete the whole file and hope you can find the stuff you really liked again.

I keep a copy of all my downloaded files in a desktop folder.  That way if I need to re-do my compressed files I can find what I had without hunting. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 21, 17:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a dress in my game that pisses me off so much.

It's some absolutely HIDEOUS rose dress, and the stupid bitch categorized it as nude, athletic, swimwear, everything.

THe best part it apparently has a really simple or short or early alphabetized (like 111111111aaaaaaaaaa) name or something, because EVERY TIME the game has to load a female outfit while they are on screen, it loads that fucking dress. On an adventure? Every woman going to bed at the base camp will stand there for a second and then put on this hideous dress. Going swimming? Same thing, except with the pool.

And I cannot find it as a package. I have my stuff compressed, but I save everything in another folder. It is either included in something else or it's named terribly. It is the only thing I want to delete from in-game. ._.

Oh, wait, no. There's another rose piece of shit. Some stupid centaur outfit, that she ALSO categorized as randomly available and for every single category! Cheesy Including hooves which I see constantly on neighbors! Cheesy

These wouldnt be issues if CC creators would learn how to freaking categorize stuff. Most wanting-to-delete-something issues are from sloppiness like that. So rather than search for a delete function, we should strive to insult the hell out of horrible creators who suck at categories.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 21, 21:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simple solution is to check Rose's site, find the stupid dress, and redownload it. Then find that file name in your package files and delete it. Remake your merged file (I'm assuming you are using a super-file).

Rose is notorious for putting her stuff in every category. She did it for TS2, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 21, 22:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the exact same dress in my game, and to make matters worse, it actually somehow managed to become the default nude outfit for the female sim in my main family.  I think I used CTU to reset the flags on it before deciding it was hideous and I was a tasteless idiot for downloading it, and just deleted the damn thing.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 22, 00:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one with all the ugly frills at th ebottom and the tank top on top?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 22, 02:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one.  I'm still slapping myself for downloading a toilet paper cozy.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 22, 20:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a copy of the zip exe file for Merlin, but I am old and don't know how to upload anything.  If someone wants to help I can email the file or follow basic instructions for idiots.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 23, 05:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pick a free online storage:
http://www.mediafire.com or http://www.4shared.com/ are commonly the most used. http://www.box.net is also popular but has a file size limit (25mb I believe) .

Make a quick free account. Upload the file. Link to the file in a post here.

MediaFire also has the option to do a quick upload for a file without having to create an account.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 23, 20:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, hopefully this is it thenhttp://www.4shared.com/file/eTgujNrU/merlinmsi.html

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 April 24, 17:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friends don't let friends download Rose's clothes! Her hair is great, but her clothes are always more pain than they are worth. I had one that constantly crashed my CAS screen every time I went to FA Outfits. I have taken out all of her clothes now. My problem is now with a purple slip/negligee thing that must have come with a Sim I installed, because I have no idea where else it could have come from, it is categorized for EVERYTHING and my Sim women keep showering in it. So annoying.

I agree with Claeric here, we need to start a campaign for more intelligent CC creation.

Watch out for Peggy too, by the way, her clothes are also categorized for everything though not as often for nude.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: