More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:53:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  So this is new,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So this is new,  (Read 6101 times)
miss_jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
So this is new,
« on: 2010 April 08, 13:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appeared in the middle of my town shortly after installing AwesomeMod and I have no idea what it is. I tried combing through other posts looking for someone else who has had a similar problem (preferably someone who has already found a solution to said problem), but I came up empty. (It is also rather hard to describe in a search bar: "Help! Random people pile!") It looks like everyone in my town converged onto one spot and then got stuck in purgatory never to be interacted with again. I can't talk to it or get rid of it in any way that I have come across yet. I tried all the generic disabling CC and mods, reloading old saves and what have you, but ever since it appeared it wont go away. It just stands there all day and all night never moving, just ominously peering into people's souls. This currently only affects Sunset Valley, so obviously I did something there that left my npcs or townies all amiss and very patchwork humanoid-ey. In any event - it's driving me nuts. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: So this is new,
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 08, 14:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen in one of my towns, except it was just 2 sims. I just deleted the sims and got on with it. It did keep happening and got worse, so I eventually just let the town die and never looked back. I have no clue what was causing it, so if anyone knows I'd also appreciate the added knowledge.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 08, 15:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to this person too.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15089.msg463228.html#msg463228 
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 08, 15:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me once when my legacy family hosted a party at a community lot. The guests arrived in a bundle like that, I directed various family members to interact with each guest individually, and they disentangled themselves. That 'hood is glitchy though, I often get Flagrant System Errors in it so I quit playing it mostly.

More F than you
miss_jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 08, 15:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem, in my case, is that there doesn't seem to be any way to direct anyone to interact with my big tangled mess. The affected sims have no names, when I try to click on them there are no options available, its as if the game doesn't actually think that there are sims there.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 08, 16:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try "fixall"?

More F than you
miss_jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 08, 18:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thinking, (feel kind of silly that it hadn't occurred to me before) and it did solve the problem in a roundabout way! While it didn't initially result in the destruction of my people-pile, it did somehow kick my game into acknowledging their existence thus making their names appear, and from there I was able to use "resetsim" to pull each and every one (all 12 of them) out of purgatory.

Thank you!  Grin
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 08, 18:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is excellent news. Awesomemod FTW!

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print