More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:06:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Precautionary prevention of horror: Are these things safe to do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Precautionary prevention of horror: Are these things safe to do?  (Read 3359 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Precautionary prevention of horror: Are these things safe to do?
« on: 2010 April 14, 17:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than explode my game, I figured I'd ask before that happened.

I enabled the debug interaction commands. These are some pretty fun commands! Particularly the "Add pLayable Reaper" one. I like being able to play the reaper. But is it safe? Is he just a sim with special particle effects?

I also noted yesterday that you can editsim on the reaper, and it does stay whenever he is called. Is that safe? I tried it with a few deaths and nothing happened there, so I imagine it's just a cosmetic change.

And making objects invisible. Autonomously-usable objects. This, too, I suspect is purely cosmetic, but just in case.  I've noticed some rocks line up with some chairs, and other objects, too, and it's cool to make a bench invisible with a rock under it, stuff like that.

Just checking to be sure beforehand Cheesy
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Precautionary prevention of horror: Are these things safe to do?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 14, 18:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be better if you just started a new save specifically for experimentation and report back with your findings.  What is so special about your sims that you could not do this to them, but want others to be your Ginny pig?     
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 14, 19:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that all the things I mentioned that clearly imply I've tried all of these things would make it clear that I have, indeed, tested them myself.

But there may be things going on that I can't see or know that others might- stuff that might be an issue, but I can't know is happening. Background stuff, large scale stuff with NPC AI, grim-reaper-on-other-lots stuff. Stuff I can't necessarily test myself. I've noticed a few things that JM has revealed to actually be devastating to gameplay, but nobody knows this just from looking at it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 14, 19:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invisible objects is probably "safe", in that it can be undone by destroying the objects with no long-term consequences, but it would be easy to lose such an object somewhere and have it undesirably taking up memories forever. Reaper thing, probably not a good idea to keep long-term, although I haven't examined. Most such cheats are for filming and not intended to be sustainable in-play.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: