More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:26:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing "EA Games" Directory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing "EA Games" Directory  (Read 3708 times)
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
Changing "EA Games" Directory
« on: 2010 April 03, 17:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The laptop I'm using now has a small hard drive (I think it's partitioned) of near 70 GB each. With Steam and Garry's Mod on here, it's taken a lot of room; so I moved my Sims collection to the other drive. But... the EA Games folder in the C drive (the near full one) is 2.62 GB. It would save me a lot of extra space if I could move it to the D drive. Is this possible?

ETA: Looking on the MTS forums, it would seem you need to move the entire Documents folder, which I'm okay with (although this may interfere with normal use). Good thing, too. Moving Documents will free up 4.5 GB!
« Last Edit: 2010 April 04, 17:34:41 by Starpoo » Logged

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Changing "EA Games" Directory
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 04, 21:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I did that with my game when I had XP - you right click on something (probably the icon for My Documents) and pick properties - there's a wizard in there that will do the whole thing for you; reassign all programme access addresses and everything.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 05, 19:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, right-click on (My) Documents, properties, and (on Vista, at least) go to Location. There you can manually type a new destination or browse (Move... buttton) for it. Say yes to both questions, it will move (mine took about 18 minutes for 4.5 GB).

There, now we have a handy little how-to on here and on MTS.

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 09, 04:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use something called "junctioning" to create symlinks to directories, that will allow you to relocate directories elsewhere physically in a method transparent to the way the game, or for that matter, Exploder, see things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: