More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:54:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.  (Read 24175 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.
« on: 2010 April 03, 07:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspot.com/2010/03/prosperous-wraithsands-desert-world-of.html

Tons of pics and info there. I'd post a couple here but it wont let me click them to get the large image links. D:

Largest world size, reaches to the very edges. A large desert-ish world, with lots of space and travel time and few roads, with big emphasis on a main highway. Not realistic in the least, in the sense that pretty much every 50 feet is a patch of light grass and there's barely any vegetation but huge palm trees, but that's because of the whole silly "storyline" of the world (which is actually fleshed out as soon as you start playing, because the save file starts you in an unfinished home with Plaques which explain t he story and purpose).

Oh yeah, and half the population is ghosts.

I am proud of it, but honestly when I go to egypt I realize just how badly textured it is and, arguably(since the two have different environments), how badly sculpted.

I love it how it is, though.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 03, 11:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first picture looks remarkably like a uterus, if you ignore the jagged bits off to the side of course. I think I will DL it nevertheless.

More F than you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 03, 17:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was initially playing with it it actually had an extra river bit at the top which literally made it the shape of a uterus.

;-;

That was nonsensical and stupid and ugly so I removed it.

also, YOU'RE a uterus
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 03, 17:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you fail at insults.

Are all the pyramids purely decorative, like the one I had your lame self-sim go into? Because you really should have blocked the entrance with boulders or similar. Going into a completely empty pyramid is a waste of time.

More F than you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 03, 20:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're meant for lots. Forgive me for allowing you to have a choice in what is within them. Grin

one is residential, btw.
Nameless Horror
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 03, 21:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the houses outfitted with cribs and single beds for the Awesome Story Driver?
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 03, 22:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the houses outfitted with cribs and single beds for the Awesome Story Driver?
You beat me to it.

I too wish to know, but all else, it's looking great. A real pearl compared to many other worlds. (Mainly because it doesn't look like your stereotypical Kansas dramashow where the sun is always red over the cornfields and every damn resident is a teenager. (Or a 30 year old actor playing a teenager) )
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 04, 02:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God damnit. No, they arent. I didn't even think of that.

Some houses are lifted from Sunset Valley, a couple from riverview, some from egypt, and the rest are by me...and I did not even think about that, I forgot that's how it works. So no, they are not equipped with cribs.

Though I believe most have at least one single bed.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 04, 09:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, filling stations should have public loos.

At the moment I'm playing the mad weeaboo twins, I made them a bit madder though with addtrait.

I'm liking the ghosts everywhere, it's hilarious that they show up on community lots. And that huge pool place with the tunnel is great.

More F than you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 04, 15:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gas station doesnt have a bathroom because I initially planned to have a store next to it which would, but plans changed and it didnt get updated.

You mean the goth kids? THat was one of my favorite things, that your sim could have a weird reason to move there. WIth sunset valley or riverview it's just a happy green town, a backstory is weird, but if there's a big desert that suddenly came to life full of ghosts there's a bunch of options.

That lot was made for another world, but I like the idea a lot. Plus I like how it actually reflects the sky. And how sims swim in it despite it being a reflecting pool. So I swapped the trees for palms and plopped it down. Originally it had stores in the basement tunnel, but it seemed to confuse sims. They'd go to swim and for some reason try to route to stores while swimming, so I left it alone. ;-;
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 04, 19:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't had time to try it until just now. Going to start up and report back if I find any bugs or suggestions. (I'll also have to add some cribs due to AwesomeStory, but hey, it looks to be totally worth it.)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 04, 20:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only bugs I'm aware of are that there's a tree between the road and sidewalk of one of the roads, there's a single disconnected road/intersection(so there's a sidewalk instead of a crosswalk, but cars figure it out no problem), sims will sometimes walk on walls that seem a bit too steep to bother with(despite re-working the routing to specifically avoid this, fffffffffffffffff), and depending on which bridge your carpool uses (east or west) to get to the science lab, the carpool dumps you off across the river from the lab, and your sim takes a taxi back down the road to get to it. The road on the east side south of the river is closer to the lab than the one on the north side of the river, and apparently the genius-ass routing says "Take me to the road closest as possible" even if there's totally unroutable water in the way.

Also I've been told that the giant oasis on the western side cannot be clicked on, which angers me, but I haven't checked yet. I don't know why it wouldnt be clickable. ;-;
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 04, 21:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't attempted in the Build-A-World editor, but I'm quite sure you can paint things as impassable.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 04, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might help if there was a road to the science lab? My sim took a sim hour and a half to get to work. It was pretty funny to see his ghost colleague running with him, but I soon had him switch careers.

More F than you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 05, 00:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can paint things as impassable and I did. Despite that, the sims still seem to run along the less-steep edges of steep places that should be impassable. After you paint non-routable areas you must "rebuild routing data", and some of that data screws up and goes through the painted area, even though it shouldn't.

You can always move the science facility, but I figure since you can't be late to work(commute does not drop your work performance, you only lose it if the panel says "Missing work!"), it doesn't matter. As long as your sim is on the way there, they won't get in trouble or anything. Though I don't remember why I put it there to begin with.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 05, 05:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the tool since it came out and I have not had any problems with the routing paint not working correctly.  I have never seen any routing lines going into the blue paint, nor have any of my sims stepped on the nasty blue sim repellent.  This makes me wonder what could be happening that it would occur in your world.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 05, 05:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a thread on MTS about it.

If an area is very broad, those lines it makes when you build routing data won't be dense. A lot, for example, is a lot of lines coming from the edges and meeting at the center. But an empty area might just be a few big lines.

And if there's no meeting point between those lines (no increments or anything, it's literally one big line), then sims will route from one end to another, even if the center is covered by no-routing paint. The no routing paint gets rid of nodes, not the lines connecting them. And if two nodes connect over the paint, nothing changes.

I assume that's what happened. It's nowhere big or a big deal though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 05, 08:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always move the science facility, but I figure since you can't be late to work(commute does not drop your work performance, you only lose it if the panel says "Missing work!"), it doesn't matter. As long as your sim is on the way there, they won't get in trouble or anything. Though I don't remember why I put it there to begin with.
You still lose performance during commute, just more slowly and sneakily: You don't gain it, AND you lose the time you SHOULD be gaining it. It's just a question of where you set your zeropoint. People are remarkably bad at grokking this concept, that motion is relative, and if you aren't moving when you SHOULD be, then you are, in fact, losing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 05, 12:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but to grok anything in its fullness is to experience it with love as well as understanding its consequences.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 April 05, 16:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I hadn't noticed a drop, that's interesting.

Though that doesn't irk me too much, honestly, as since most places are along the road(a large highway), that makes cars have a damn purpose for once. Faster car = faster commute.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 April 06, 19:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found something.

Every community lot is designated the type 'Graveyard', which means (barely) anyone will visit it and that you get the negative moodlet 'Creepy Graveyard' every night. Even at the rabbitholes I seem to get it.

The next one is just a fun discovery :
The French guy has got some interesting clothes. Formal, Sleepwear, Underwear and Swimsuit all have the same clothes; bathing shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of neon green sneakers.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 April 06, 21:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found something.

Every community lot is designated the type 'Graveyard', which means (barely) anyone will visit it and that you get the negative moodlet 'Creepy Graveyard' every night. Even at the rabbitholes I seem to get it.

The next one is just a fun discovery :
The French guy has got some interesting clothes. Formal, Sleepwear, Underwear and Swimsuit all have the same clothes; bathing shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of neon green sneakers.

This is not exclusive to his world.  I noticed this in a new game save of Sunset Valley and also a new game of my own world, Fargo.  They show as Beach, Gym, Art Gallery, est. in map mode but when you are in ‘edit town' mode and click on them to view what they have been set as, they all say graveyard.  I've been ignoring that as I think it simply defaults to that when you go to edit.  However you can set their lot type manually if you are seeing it in map mode also.

As for the clothing, it is probably because you do not have whatever custom content he used for the outfits, installed in your game.  I've had that happen when removing old outfits, I no longer want cluttering my CC.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 April 06, 23:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They may have been randomly granted custom outfits, any sims I did not 100% custom make or moved in did not have outfits altered apart from the everyday.

And I have all sorts of store content, so he likely just got dumped with store content and the like.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 April 08, 16:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing it for a few days and so far no major annoyances or bugs that I could find. I like how spread out stuff is, though I had to hunt for the bookstore for a bit before I found it. I also like the back story and the ghosts just wandering around in broad daylight. Occasionally the "Oh Noes! A Ghost!" reaction gets a little old, but that's easy to dump. I have been plopping some of my own created sims down and so far everything works fine. Once I am done putting in cribs, all will be spiffy. I have had no plroblems with clicking on any of the lots, but did notice that in map view there were many community lots set as graveyards. Again, though, easy to fix.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 April 08, 17:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots getting set as graveyards seems to happen with save games for whatever reason. :| At least I assume that's what it is, as they are not graveyards for me.

One thing I'm wondering, has anyone who has tried it noticed sims walking more often than using a car or taxi? Is this just how the game works, sims are forced to use their own vehicles, and if they dont have one...they walk?

The highway gets a LOT of usage, but I also see sims walking the whole length of it all the time.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: