More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:44:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Go ahead, make fun o' me...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Go ahead, make fun o' me...  (Read 6022 times)
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Go ahead, make fun o' me...
« on: 2010 March 31, 19:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was quite excited to find the site and download the lot debugger. After much research I decided it was a great idea. So, after attempting to register (and being tagged as a spammer), went to my other computer, used another email and voila.  So, to the reason for my missive.  I download to the downloads folder, as directed by your instructions. When I attempt to extract this is what I get;  (first) "object reference not set to an instance of an object", then a box pops up which says "Error: cannot find Sims3 Root".  Welp, I was loading the debugger for sims 2, from the armory.  And yes, I put the file in the sims2 download folder, not sims3.

Can you please help me?? I am not a spammer. I don't even like spam. In fact, it has never passed my lips as it could not pass the nose test.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Go ahead, make fun o' me...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 31, 20:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the name of the file you are trying to open, and what program are you using to extract?
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 01, 16:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia thanks for trying to help me, tho it is well known there is no hope for me.

I have decided that I inadvertantly tried to download a sims3 lot into a sims2 game.

hope it's a better day today.  But since I have you here.... ahem.....   Do I need
to uninstall Freetime before I install lot debugger??  Or is my memory wrong on that too?

Thanks!
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 05, 19:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a hacked object - there should be absolutely no need to uninstall a part of your actual game to use it.

Also, make sure you download the one that goes with FT, if that's what you're using. Downloading a version that doesn't work with your EP, uninstalling that EP to make it work, and then reinstalling the incompatible EP isn't going to work.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 07, 03:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bingo!!! Thanks so much, you hit the nail on the head.

many many thanks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 07, 03:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, make sure you download the one that goes with FT, if that's what you're using. Downloading a version that doesn't work with your EP, uninstalling that EP to make it work, and then reinstalling the incompatible EP isn't going to work.
That can't actually happen because there is actually only one version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 07, 16:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now officially reconfused all over again. I deleted the old one, and used the one from the FFS list labeled for AL..... right?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 07, 16:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 07, 17:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Pescado means is that he makes sure that his hacks work no matter what your EPs or SPs are.

The only difference between the different "Director's Cuts" is that newer eps might have fixed certain behavior, so it makes a fix absolete, so it it's not included in other Cuts.

For example, there is a bug that only exists if NL is your most recently EP, it was corrected in the game code for every release since. Therefore, that fix is only in the NL Director's Cut.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: