More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:13:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod installation on Mac help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod installation on Mac help!  (Read 11816 times)
darksamurai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AwesomeMod installation on Mac help!
« on: 2010 February 16, 03:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday, I tried to install the newest version of AwesomeMod.  I have never used AwesomeMod before and I used the directions given for Macs.  I have both the base game and WA.  All of my other custom content, such as hair and skin tone, works fine.  I don't have any other core mods.  My game has been patched to 2.5.12.004001

Thanks, in advance!  If you need more information, please let me know Smiley
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod installation on Mac help!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 16, 03:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, okay. Unless I am missing something, we need MOAR INFORMATION, as you didn't actually tell us what the problem is. AM definitely works on macs. Are you saying it doesn't work at all? Or a specific feature isn't working? When you type in "showconfig," does something pop up?

MATYians aren't generally good with the mind-reading.

I sing along with elevator music.
darksamurai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 16, 04:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry!  I forgot to mention that!  I meant that it's not working at all.  I've tried "showconfig" in addition to other commands and none are recognized. Smiley
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 16, 16:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry!  I forgot to mention that!  I meant that it's not working at all.  I've tried "showconfig" in addition to other commands and none are recognized. Smiley

take all cc out and just leave AM in and run the game to see if it works. If it doesn't you either installed it in the wrong place, or need to re-read the installation directions. Make sure you have the .dll file in your game's Bin directory (It's part of the framework if you're that stupid)....just keep trying until it works....OH!!! Delete your script cache file too...
darksamurai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 17, 04:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

take all cc out and just leave AM in and run the game to see if it works. If it doesn't you either installed it in the wrong place, or need to re-read the installation directions. Make sure you have the .dll file in your game's Bin directory (It's part of the framework if you're that stupid)....just keep trying until it works....OH!!! Delete your script cache file too...

I'll try it without custom content and get back to you Smiley  Thanks!  I did put the .dll file in the Bin directory and deleted the script cache, but haven't tried it without any other custom content Smiley
darksamurai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 18, 22:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey!  I'm sorry that it took so long to reply, but I had an essay due earlier today and didn't have time to try playing without CC.  I removed all my CC except for the awesomemod and made sure I deleted the scriptcache.  I tried to use "showconfig" again and it still didn't work.  I don't know what exactly is wrong.  Perhaps the installation of the mod on Mac thread can be updated with a clearer description of how to install it with WA?  The description given for it was brief and didn't make much sense.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 19, 00:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to use "showconfig" again and it still didn't work.  I don't know what exactly is wrong.  Perhaps the installation of the mod on Mac thread can be updated with a clearer description of how to install it with WA?  The description given for it was brief and didn't make much sense.

DON'T double post, use the modify button in future, or you may find help very limited.

If your not getting anything with "showconfig" then the game isn't recognising that AM is installed.  If other CC and mods/hacks are showing up and working fine, then you might have some kind of weird gremlin running around inside your system, or a conflict with something else.

If nothing is showing up, then you probably have a framework fail and need to look around more.  I don't use a Mac, but from what I have seen here, Mac's have a weird way of working and it makes installing the framework so much more complicated.  Try searching and reading more and this issue has been addressed in different threads at different time, so the answer is out there.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 19, 00:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the SimsWiki, it actually covers mac framework install.
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files
If you have High End Loft Stuff, replace any mention of WA(if you have that too) in the directions, with HELS instead. I think that this may be framework fail or a resource.cfg fail. Awesomemod's framework does not come with a resource.cfg that supports subfolders or anything, so if they have it in the wrong folder, then there could be their problem.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 19, 21:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used this:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15477.0.html

But I don't have WA or HELS. 
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 20, 00:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If nothing is showing up, then you probably have a framework fail and need to look around more.  I don't use a Mac, but from what I have seen here, Mac's have a weird way of working and it makes installing the framework so much more complicated.

Actually, it's not. It's basically just the same set up as Windows wrapped up differently. Right click on the game app > Show package contents > Contents > Resources > Transgaming > C Drive. The rest of the folders are exactly like Windows.

darksamurai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 20, 05:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It finally works!!  Thank you, so much everyone! Cheesy

I went to the website morriganrant (which was very good at explaining everything and everyone installing the framework should look at it Smiley) sent me to and re-downloaded the resource.cfg file and the .dll file.  After replacing those, it seems to work right!

Thanks, again!!
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 December 14, 06:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried, and this is what I got:

Last login: Mon Dec 13 21:59:46 on ttys000
/Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
christina-martins-imac-4:~ christinamartin$ /Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
Warning: loading builtin d3dx9_31.dll, but native version already present. Expect trouble.
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin nvcpl.dll: dlopen(/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Frameworks/libnvcpl.dylib, 2): image not found
logout

[Process completed]
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 December 15, 03:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vagabondher: since you are having difficulties getting AM to work and with bypassing the launcher, I think it's safe to say that you're having problems following directions. Your comment doesn't tell us anything. If you can't explain what, exactly, you tried to do here, I'm not sure how you expect anyone to know where you went wrong.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: