More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 18:17:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Deleting foundations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting foundations  (Read 2773 times)
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Deleting foundations
« on: 2010 March 30, 11:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there's any way, at all, to delete the foundation of a house and have the rest of the house automatically shift down to ground level? I want to use the basement tool from World Adventures, but stairs from the basement will only go as high as the ground, not the foundation. The house is very large, has three stories above ground level and is built entirely on a foundation, so I'd really like to not have to build it from scratch (took me about four days to build it the first time).

I've tried building two sets of stairs to link the basement to the ground and the ground to the foundation, but the sims don't seem to want to use them. They just run to the other side of the lot for no apparent reason.

Anyone have any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Deleting foundations
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 30, 12:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no way to easily delete a foundation and have the house magically collapse down on it. However, the presence of a foundation doesn't stop you from building a WA-style basement. While the stairs "only" go down to the ground level, it is possible to bore a hole into the foundation, build stairs down into the basement, and then build stairs connecting the upper floor to the stairs you just built. It is also possible to burrow out the foundation TS2-style, construct a "basement" that way, and then build more basements using the WA basement tool. Basically, the existence of a foundation level is not really an impediment to determined basement construction or retrofitting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 31, 14:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might also find this tutorial helpful:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18290.0.html

Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 01, 17:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try and see how I go. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: