More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:56:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED  (Read 6926 times)
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED
« on: 2010 March 27, 16:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to install the new patch and it updated the base game fine, but is comming up with an error "file not found" when trying to update HELS.  I think it's happening when it gets to a launcher.exe file, but the thing flashes so fast I'm not totally positive.    

I checked my HELS/game/bin file compared to the base games and WA's game/bin folder and the previous two have both a S3Launcher.exe and a Sims3Launcher.exe file in them.  My HELS/game/bin folder only has the Sims3Launcher.exe file.   No S3Launcher.exe file in it.    

Could someone please check their HELS folder for a S3Launcher.exe file and if you have it post it please?  I have no idea how it could have gone missing, but I'm really hoping this will solve my problem.Thanks.  

EDIT- I copy and pasted the S3Launcher.exe file from the WA bin and put it it in the HELS bin, reran the patch and the error changed from "File not Found" to "Invalid File Found"  so I'm pretty sure it is the missing file and I just need the original HELS one to fix this.  

2nd EDIT-- So I realized I have the HELS disk and can pull original files off it.  (smacks self)   I pulled the file and it was still throwing errors.   Turns out patch doesn't like different timestamps on files?  The only way I got it to work was to copy and relplace the entire Game/Bin folder on my C drive with the one from the disk and move files around so it was set up the same as the original one on my C drive.   Then I ran the patch and it says it updated now.   Going to play a bit to see if there is any borkedness in game or not.   
« Last Edit: 2010 March 27, 18:22:26 by Cerridwen » Logged
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
Re: Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 04, 22:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is old but I am having this same problem with the last HELS patch.

So was your game borked after you fixed it?

Can you re-explain how exactly you replaced the Game/Bin folder? Pretend you are talking to a six year old because that's about my mental capacity. As I understand it, I should just replace the Games/Bin from HELS by dragging the one in the disc to my C drive. Tell me if I am terribly wrong.

Thanks, Sarafina.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 04, 23:06:31 by dominno » Logged

LL&P
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Missing S3Launcher.exe file from HELS/game/bin folder.. RESOLVED
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 04, 22:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

read the latest patch thread, this issue is discussed and resolved.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: